The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

On 4/5/2018 at 12:22 PM, SimbaWho said:

Anyone else actually pay attetion to hockey around here? Or just in the glory days?

Hell yeah, been Red Wings fan long before i even knew about NFL. Lets hope Habs and Canucks win tonight and Coreau gives up six goals. Possible for Arizona to overtake Wings too with better ROW, but that seems unlikely againts Ducks.

Edited by teude
  • Like 1

Well... We've got the lottery/draft to plant a lot of hopes for the future in Wings'ville. I would of really liked to of see the Red Wings attempt to get a more established coach, but Blashill only has one year on his contract, but to me it already signifies they're throwing in the towel for next season as well.

What I'm seeing seems to be a parlay for possibly Yzerman. He's not signed an extension, though I don't think he'll leave TB until he wins a championship now... if ever.. Still Wing kept hte option openly with only a 2 year extension for Holland, and playing out coaches last year anyways. Holland is pretty highly regarded still around the league, easily would get another job, if not with the new expansion Seattle team about to happen. I think Blashill would get another job too just maybe not right away in the NHL unless he didn't mind being an assistant for a short time.

I expect things to get ugly.  I'm also expecting to fall back and have the doomsday scenario for me where Dahlin/Svechnikov/Tkachuck/Zadina/Boqvist are all off the board. Need to figure out what to do with Ericsson(buyout/trade/waive), and Xaiver Ouellet will likely get traded.

Edited by SimbaWho

Yeah I don't know, I supported Kaepernick, I never liked him as a person though, for awhile but this is just blatant stupidity/ignorance to not answer that question. He's good enough to be a back up but you don't let a back up QB disrupt your fans/business. I mean you do have to act and be a certain way for basically any employer and the more prestigious the job the more requirements/ higher expectations of conduct usually. Saying he won't knee anymore to his employer is like a lawyer telling the firm he's not going to rise for the judge in court anymore.

At this point I don't know what his problem is and now his case seems silly. I really don't think he even plans on playing football again honestly. His protest weren't really against the NFL but now he's got a case against the NFL because they won't hire him in a private league, cause his actions are deemed bad for business, and he wants to the business to suffer for his actions which idk, I can't get behind really when I think about it in a small business terms.

Funny how he gets a job offer now though, lol.  This case gets more complicated as I keep reading about it. I like what Kaepernick first stood for, police brutality, etc, etc, etc, we all know. But now it's turned to him vs the NFL and he kind of seems like a jerk about it to me, making himself to be a sacrificial lamb imo but clearly he's trying to be that lamb. If he chooses to use the league as a podium for his cause that is his choice but it is the leagues choice to not hire him if he's bad for business/ratings/etc.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23135580/seattle-seahawks-postpone-visit-colin-kaepernick-say-stop-kneeling-anthem

Edited by SimbaWho

• 2 weeks later...

Red Wings fall to the 6th pick, one spot from where they were slotted. I'm looking at LW Filip Zadina hard. Really hoping for some luck, though it's not entirely unreasonable to think he'll be there at 6 enough you can reason his selection at 3.

I'm pretty sure Zadina wont be there. Dahlin will go to Buffalo, and then Canes will take Zadina, Habs propably Svechni or Tkatchuk. I'm hoping that Boqvist would be available, but anyway there will be good player (defence) for Red Wings to pick.

2 hours ago, teude said:

I'm pretty sure Zadina wont be there. Dahlin will go to Buffalo, and then Canes will take Zadina, Habs propably Svechni or Tkatchuk. I'm hoping that Boqvist would be available, but anyway there will be good player (defence) for Red Wings to pick.

The Wings will have a great selection of D to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone excited about Casey Mize being a Tiger?  I haven't followed too close this year but it seemed like an underwhelming year for draftable prospects.  I hope it turns out well for them.  He is a seasoned college kid and shouldn't take too long to arrive in the bigs.  Should be an exciting rotation in the near future if these top picks pan out some.

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Anyone excited about Casey Mize being a Tiger?  I haven't followed too close this year but it seemed like an underwhelming year for draftable prospects.  I hope it turns out well for them.  He is a seasoned college kid and shouldn't take too long to arrive in the bigs.  Should be an exciting rotation in the near future if these top picks pan out some.

Everyone seems to love the pick.

12 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Everyone seems to love the pick.

The more I read it sounds like he was the easy choice at 1 and then there was quite a drop off to everyone else. I am more excited the more I read. Our rotation should be solid in a couple years with Mize, Manning, Perez, Faedo, and Burrows in the pipeline.  Will likely still have Fulmer then as well so if we have a couple of these guys really pan out we could have a solid rotation for a long while.

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The more I read it sounds like he was the easy choice at 1 and then there was quite a drop off to everyone else. I am more excited the more I read. Our rotation should be solid in a couple years with Mize, Manning, Perez, Faedo, and Burrows in the pipeline.  Will likely still have Fulmer then as well so if we have a couple of these guys really pan out we could have a solid rotation for a long while.

Sounds right. With Mize being the clear top player, I did some reading on him a while back. His pitch Arsenal with his ability to change speeds is awesome.  He’s an exciting selection and he will be in the rotation sooner, rather than later.