Packers at Dallas: LP's and DF's

HDsportsfan

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think cutting the flag up into the Giant shape of America without Alaska is bigger disrespect. I don't see how raising a fist is disrespect either. I raised my fist when Dak ran in that read option to take the lead. It's a symbol of power and pride. I'm a country boy Texan, I can't see any of my neighbors houses, I like drinking beer, and my Mossburg is right behind me. Still, the only thing that disrespects the flag to me is burning it or walking on it or pooping on it or a many number of things that are ACTUALLY disrespectful. "Kneeling" is something people do before kings. They still have hand over heart. A raised fist is power. Saying it's disrespectful to a flag or an army is a total reach.  And Irving coming from a military family proves that it has nothing to do with it. Military sounds like it's his family business. Like maybe if he didn't have a really good chance of making his family millionaires in the NFL he might be one of the people everyone is trying to defend.

They are not kneeling out of respect. They are not raising their fist in respect. I cannot see how you can actually interpret that as a sign of admiration when everyone who has done it has expressed that it is to protest the flag because of what they consider huge civil injustices. And where do you see them having their hand over their heart standing up or kneeling down? The only person I saw on the Cowboys to do that was Witten.  Absolutely nothing about their "demonstration" is showing pride towards their country. The whole point of their demonstration is to show their dissatisfaction.

And Irving coming from a military family proves nothing. People who are raised in religious families can and have turned out to be atheists later on in life.

5 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Jerry has actually made me hate this team with his BS. Playing both sides of the coin. If he wants to silence his players then he shouldn't have "knelt" with them in solidarity. Forcible silencing your employees is forcing conformity not solidarity. 

We have to be very careful not to get political here and stick to football.  That being said I'm with you.  I've been a fan for over 40 years, and Jerry playing both sides of the fence really angers me.  Take a stand one way or the other.  You can't have it both ways.  I'd love to see prominent members of this team take a knee and see what Jerry does.

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

They are not kneeling out of respect. They are not raising their fist in respect. I cannot see how you can actually interpret that as a sign of admiration when everyone who has done it has expressed that it is to protest the flag because of what they consider huge civil injustices. And where do you see them having their hand over their heart standing up or kneeling down? The only person I saw on the Cowboys to do that was Witten.  Absolutely nothing about their "demonstration" is showing pride towards their country. The whole point of their demonstration is to show their dissatisfaction.

And Irving coming from a military family proves nothing. People who are raised in religious families can and have turned out to be atheists later on in life.

Lol, I love having debates with you Cal.  

I'm not saying they are kneeling out of respect for anything. I am saying that none of them are kneeling because they don't like our military. That's bogus. I also don't feel the disrespect towards any flag. As I said, I think it's weird that the NFL cuts the flag up to look like a giant USA before the game. It looks tattered, but that's just me I guess.

Here is the picture you requested:49ers-kneel

Also, this IS football talk as far as I'm concerned. If I turn on ESPN, NFLN, or any cowboys news this is what's on. And now some people think it could directly effect who plays on the field. I don't see how you can get more relevant than that(perhaps should be in another thread, or it's own though).

I think people are blowing things out of proportion with Jerry. He said if anyone disrespects the flag they will not play. But I don't see any disrespect. If Zeke kneels for the anthem, he plays.  If Zeke takes to twitter and posts a video of him Burning a flag and spewing expletives about the military, he doesn't play(and probably struggles find work elsewhere). Some may have issue with that because of rights, but Jerry is the boss. 

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Lol, I love having debates with you Cal.  

I'm not saying they are kneeling out of respect for anything. I am saying that none of them are kneeling because they don't like our military. That's bogus. I also don't feel the disrespect towards any flag. As I said, I think it's weird that the NFL cuts the flag up to look like a giant USA before the game. It looks tattered, but that's just me I guess.

Here is the picture you requested:49ers-kneel

Also, this IS football talk as far as I'm concerned. If I turn on ESPN, NFLN, or any cowboys news this is what's on. And now some people think it could directly effect who plays on the field. I don't see how you can get more relevant than that(perhaps should be in another thread, or it's own though).

I think people are blowing things out of proportion with Jerry. He said if anyone disrespects the flag they will not play. But I don't see any disrespect. If Zeke kneels for the anthem, he plays.  If Zeke takes to twitter and posts a video of him Burning a flag and spewing expletives about the military, he doesn't play(and probably struggles find work elsewhere). Some may have issue with that because of rights, but Jerry is the boss. 

Oh cmon, that happened like last week with like one team. And honestly who watches 49ers games enough to actually pick up on that. :P

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do not see this as any sort of respect. Perhaps they are rethinking their position now, and owners are doing their damnedest to make sure they straddle that fine line. But a-holes like this below has strongly enforced my opinions on this. 

RTSR4IL.jpg

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

You know if Dak keeps running....

you'd think they had some dudes closer to the goal line, but I think I counted 10 different Packers defenders who showed up on screen before Dak got the ball. If so, there would only be one guy deep...

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No way he would have outran those defenders. If he was Lamar Jackson maybe.

idk, that is a pretty big alley in front of Dak.  He outruns 53 and 94. Frederick gives a chip to whoever is next to him. Moot point regardless. 

Archived