Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

why do we ALWAYS look so pathetic on late-game pass plays that end in us losing? The AB-goalline play, the Webb/AB deep completion, this one to Washington. In the replays, we just look like ******* that have no idea what we're doing.

Don't bring up that AB Christmas game. Just... I still can't deal with it. 

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I think our safeties are both pretty darn solid, but I wish we had a true different maker at safety. ET was a tool, but I’m sure he makes the play there.

we dont have a true playmaker anywhere it seems like. sometimes peters/marlo look like those guys, but other times they look like JAG's.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I think our safeties are both pretty darn solid, but I wish we had a true different maker at safety. ET was a tool, but I’m sure he makes the play there.

They're both awesome players and seem like good guys but you can tell we lack that early-round-draft-pick athleticism 

• Like 1

I still think we make playoffs, but if we don't Harbaugh's seat is scorching, IMO (Fickle I know, but we look like the Flacco era Ravens still). It would be framed as a "mutual parting of ways" and I think whoever gets Harbaugh is going to be crushing it, but sometimes you just need a new look.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I still think we make playoffs, but if we don't Harbaugh's seat is scorching, IMO (Fickle I know, but we look like the Flacco era Ravens still). It would be framed as a "mutual parting of ways" and I think whoever gets Harbaugh is going to be crushing it, but sometimes you just need a new look.

There’s 0.00% chance harbaugh is gone after this year. 

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I still think we make playoffs, but if we don't Harbaugh's seat is scorching, IMO (Fickle I know, but we look like the Flacco era Ravens still)

Yup. They both offer legit components to our defense. Elliot with his physicality and Clark with his intelligence, in a tandem with another elite safety, they would be nice options, but as it stands, it’s just not enough.

It’s definitely a dark horse BPA type pick that I could see on day 2 of the draft... assuming we have a day 2 of the draft... considering we don’t know what pick the league will choose to take from the Ravens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I still think we make playoffs, but if we don't Harbaugh's seat is scorching, IMO (Fickle I know, but we look like the Flacco era Ravens still)

It's not Fickle in my eyes. If we don't make the playoffs. It's almost a sure thing we don't fire the 2019 coach of the year but you really need to question the places we could go with an offensive minded coach. 

With a guy like Eric Bienemy still available? There would need to be a discussion of a coaching overhaul. I have no problem with Wink staying though. 

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

It's not Fickle in my eyes. If we don't make the playoffs. It's almost a sure thing we don't fire the 2019 coach of the year but you really need to question the places we could go with an offensive minded coach. 

With a guy like Eric Bienemy still available? There would need to be a discussion of a coaching overhaul. I have no problem with Wink staying though. 

It would have to be for an offensive guru type. Someone who can get people open. ANd honestly I was on team keep Harbaugh, but the fact that some anti-mask conditioning coach knocked out half our team is a reeeaaaallllllyyyyyy bad look on the whole Franchise and I don't know who gets thrown under the bus for it if not John

It’s unfortunate because at the beginning of that 3rd down play, peters was trying to wave Clark forward. He knew it would be a shorter pass that was coming if it all. Chuck wouldn’t take that chance though.

That being said, this team played freaking hard, and despite all stacked against them they fought until the end. mcsorley looked like he had the balls to make plays. Hill looked good at times. Castillo-Colon looked like he belonged, I think the team over estimated the loss of Yanda. I’m willing to give Hollywood one more year to fill out and hopefully get some slightly better passing concepts. 

Defensively, it was frustrating that we couldn’t take away their short passing game but I guess that was a risk we were willing to take, and really they played well. Only let up what, 12 points? Moving forward: Yannick has to get more pressure if he wants a contract, I want to see more bowser, and I want our dline and secondary to be healthy. They all seem to be dealing with some nagging injuries.

• Like 1