Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It would have to be for an offensive guru type. Someone who can get people open. ANd honestly I was on team keep Harbaugh, but the fact that some anti-mask conditioning coach knocked out half our team is a reeeaaaallllllyyyyyy bad look on the whole Franchise and I don't know who gets thrown under the bus for it if not John

Let's not forget the bad clock management that potentially lost us this game in the 2nd Q. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. They both offer legit components to our defense. Elliot with his physicality and Clark with his intelligence, in a tandem with another elite safety, they would be nice options, but as it stands, it’s just not enough.

It’s definitely a dark horse BPA type pick that I could see on day 2 of the draft... assuming we have a day 2 of the draft... considering we don’t know what pick the league will choose to take from the Ravens.

Agreed, I like both. Chuck is hard to even call a safety though, he's more of the new tweeners like Adams and Buddha Baker that feel more like sting types than true safeties

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Let's not forget the bad clock management that potentially lost us this game in the 2nd Q. 

I honestly can’t fault Harbaugh too much there. If that were guys who had at least practices for a week and not all playing in new positions... you go no huddle there for the QB sneak and then call a TO for the field goal.

But with RG3 already burning TWO timeouts in the first half to get the offense set, I think using the timeout there was smart.

If not blatantly interfered with we have eno enough time for that pass to incomplete and still get a field goal there or have another shot at a run at the inch line.

What Harbaugh did there was smart. I also think we should have had 28 seconds left on the clock as that’s when the TO appeared to be called, but then they let the clock run and then added time back to only 26 seconds.

Either way, if RG3 doesn’t burn through our TOs earlier that scenario looks far better.

I’m in the opposite boat. As a CEO coach he’s supposed to get guys ready to play and this team was ready to play. The OL, the RBs, the guys were blocking at WR (for the most part), and the defense put it all on the line. That’s what Harbaugh brings to this team. Many coaches in this scenario might let things get to the team and get blown out. He didn’t allow this team to quit and they even rose above their station. That’s on the HC to establish that strength of character and conviction.

This loss was encouraging from a Harbaugh and Wink standpoint. While Roman did a great job in setting up running plays and he’s a great coach, you can just tell the difference between he and Wink. Roman seems to just call plays to call plays whereas with Wink it’s like watching a chess match.

This team won’t go anywhere with Roman as our offensive coordinator, he’s the weak link on the coaching staff.

• Like 1

Watching the post games right now and I honestly thought the NFL must not be allowing players to wear other brands because otherwise I have no idea why those Under Armour face masks aren’t/haven’t been a staple across the league.

What’s more the Nike PLM for the teams and their accessories line in general should be embarrassed for those pathetic face masks they offer. Even if it’s not going to be available to the public the NFL PLM rep responsible for cultivating unique accessory items for the team should have cultivated a performance face mask that can be utilized in these press conferences and in the locker room.

With their cheap masks, guys have to pull their mask off to be able to speak to the media in those and that’s just not going to cut it. The UA face masks allow you to talk and because it sits removed from your mouth, it doesn’t muff your vocals like the cheap masks do. Should be a staple in all these interviews to keep guys more protected.

11 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Also coming out of this game. Bowser needs to be locked up after the season if the price isn't gonna be astronomical. 

He can play OLB or slide ILB on 3rd Downs. He's a big part of our D IMO. 

It's crazy to me that anyone could come out of this game thinking that.

He had an interception, I get it. But it was thrown right to him...Ben just chucked it in the endzone instead of throwing it OOB because it was 4th down. Him throwing it OOB would have gotten us better field position anyway because Bowser took it out and made it to the 4.

But that's not even the issue. People on this forum time and again criticize our defense in "crunch time", and in crunch time Bowser had 2 huge gaffs - missing a huge TFL on Benny Snell that subsequently cost us a first down on that play that allowed the Steelers to keep draining the clock in the 4th quarter, and the game-clinching 3rd down lollipop went right into Bowser's zone and he didn't do squat about it. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Everyone always compliments Bowser's middle-level coverage ability but those same people are the ones who constantly say our defense's worst aspect is the short-intermediate coverage of the middle of the field - the short slants that were open all day yesterday - the exact assignment Bowser draws on most of his snaps (along with Queen - but at least he's 20 years old and people at least acknowledge he gives up plays there, unlike people with Bowser).

He's fast. I get it. But he hasn't shown any sort of ability to actually translate that into a +coverage player. 

It feels like I'm always harping on him but good lord it's like lather rinse repeat every game with this guy - doesn't play his assignments well during the game, gives up passes over the middle, can't set an edge, can't pass rush to a + degree - and then every game "man we need to lock this dude up" lol.

And I'm not calling you out specifically this is just a general sentiment I see on here all the time and it's gone from confusing to irritating to downright maddening.

Edited by Ray Reed

I think our defense is filled with a lot of dudes who are okay and fans fall in love with certain players.

Clark, Elliot, Queen, Bowser etc. none of them are particularly good players (as of now), but fans will fall in love with some of them and not the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

It's crazy to me that anyone could come out of this game thinking that.

He had an interception, I get it. But it was thrown right to him...Ben just chucked it in the endzone instead of throwing it OOB because it was 4th down. Him throwing it OOB would have gotten us better field position anyway because Bowser took it out and made it to the 4.

But that's not even the issue. People on this forum time and again criticize our defense in "crunch time", and in crunch time Bowser had 2 huge gaffs - missing a huge TFL on Benny Snell that subsequently cost us a first down on that play that allowed the Steelers to keep draining the clock in the 4th quarter, and the game-clinching 3rd down lollipop went right into Bowser's zone and he didn't do squat about it. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Everyone always compliments Bowser's middle-level coverage ability but those same people are the ones who constantly say our defense's worst aspect is the short-intermediate coverage of the middle of the field - the short slants that were open all day yesterday - the exact assignment Bowser draws on most of his snaps (along with Queen - but at least he's 20 years old and people at least acknowledge he gives up plays there, unlike people with Bowser).

He's fast. I get it. But he hasn't shown any sort of ability to actually translate that into a +coverage player. 

It feels like I'm always harping on him but good lord it's like lather rinse repeat every game with this guy - doesn't play his assignments well during the game, gives up passes over the middle, can't set an edge, can't pass rush to a + degree - and then every game "man we need to lock this dude up" lol.

And I'm not calling you out specifically this is just a general sentiment I see on here all the time and it's gone from confusing to irritating to downright maddening.

You're talking about two times he didn't set the edge because the play took forever to get that way. It's one thing to view it in TV, it's another to live it. 

That RB is hitting the outside with his top speed, an LB needs to attempt to meet him while basically moving sideways while avoiding blocks. I'm not faulting him for two missed wrap ups to the outside. 

He's better in coverage than you're saying here and decent as a pass rusher. I feel he's an important part of this defense and plays his role very well. You want Jaylon Ferguson taking most of those snaps next year? He's shown flashes but his edge setting and angles he takes are sometimes downright silly. 

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You're talking about two times he didn't set the edge because the play took forever to get that way. It's one thing to view it in TV, it's another to live it. 

That RB is hitting the outside with his top speed, an LB needs to attempt to meet him while basically moving sideways while avoiding blocks. I'm not faulting him for two missed wrap ups to the outside. 

He's better in coverage than you're saying here and decent as a pass rusher. I feel he's an important part of this defense and plays his role very well. You want Jaylon Ferguson taking most of those snaps next year? He's shown flashes but his edge setting and angles he takes are sometimes downright silly. 

Fully agreed about Jaylon

We went from having what we thought a few holes to fill to basically needing WR, Pass Rusher, D Line, C, CB, TE, 3rd Safety. I still believe in this team even this year. They played really hard yesterday I’m hoping this galvanizes the rest of the team And uses this to make a run.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/

Pretty insightful. 

Has us at a 68% chance to make the playoffs at this moment.

You can go through and give us Ws/Ls and see how that affects our chances moving forward. 

If we win against Dallas, Jax, NYG and Cin and lose to Cle at 10-6 it still has us at a 81% chance.

If we win @CLE but drop any of the other 4 and finish 10-6 it has us at a 91% chance.

And winning out has us at >99%.

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/

Pretty insightful. 

Has us at a 68% chance to make the playoffs at this moment.

You can go through and give us Ws/Ls and see how that affects our chances moving forward. 

If we win against Dallas, Jax, NYG and Cin and lose to Cle at 10-6 it still has us at a 81% chance.

If we win @CLE but drop any of the other 4 and finish 10-6 it has us at a 91% chance.

And winning out has us at >99%.

That also doesn't factor in that Cleveland has to drop at least 1 of their last 4, which....idk.

I filled in BAL, PIT, and CLE and it ended with us having a 59% chance.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls