THE Aaron Jones Thread

incognito_man

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Jones is 4th string now? That's news to me!

And I see a problem that McCarthy didn't see his potential before now. No reason Ty should've been carrying the load that he was before he got hurt. 

Then he gets hurt, and Mac turns to Williams, who is terrible.

It then took Williams getting hurt to give Jones a shot, DESPITE me and other Joe Blows calling for Jones, knowing he's better than Williams. 

no, he's not 4th string now obviously. He was before, when the season started.

I'll take MM's record on being right about guys over your's. Maybe you were right this time, maybe MM also knew Jones is a far better runner but gave Williams the limited #2 reps for reasons other than pure rushing ability.

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

And I see a problem that McCarthy didn't see his potential before now. No reason Ty should've been carrying the load that he was before he got hurt. 

It then took Williams getting hurt to give Jones a shot, DESPITE me and other Joe Blows calling for Jones, knowing he's better than Williams. 

You must have tape of the closed practice reps too? You seem to know Jones is better based on gut feelings rather than our coaching staff who sees them every day.

There's more to being a RB than being handed off the ball and running. I bet Jones was struggling in other areas. I know he fumbled more than once at the camp practices I went to and his pass.blocking was awful.

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So why did the staff refuse to use him if it was so obvious ? This isn't a trap. I want to know why.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You must have tape of the closed practice reps too? You seem to know Jones is better based on gut feelings rather than our coaching staff who sees them every day.

There's more to being a RB than being handed off the ball and running. I bet Jones was struggling in other areas. I know he fumbled more than once at the camp practices I went to and his pass.blocking was awful.

Pass pro is very likely the root of all this.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yep, these are the same people whining that 3 RBs were drafted and are now whining that one of them is actually good, but wasn't good IMMEDIATELY enough for the staff to construct the season around him. It's so absurd, you just gotta laugh.

Yeah this is what pisses me off. It could never be Jones wasn't ready in pro or was having a harder time with the playbook (which has been hinted at). Nope it's all stupid fat idiot coaches.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

So why did the staff refuse to use him if it was so obvious ? This isn't a trap. I want to know why.

Because McCarthy gets in his comfort level and is afraid to take chances on guys? I am a firm believer than some guys perform better in game situations than practice.

And I'm not saying I expected him to get Ty's playing time, obviously. But at the very least, use him as a change of pace/to give Ty some needed rest. 

Before his injury, Montgomery led the league in snaps by a RB. 

23 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Because McCarthy gets in his comfort level and is afraid to take chances on guys? I am a firm believer than some guys perform better in game situations than practice.

And I'm not saying I expected him to get Ty's playing time, obviously. But at the very least, use him as a change of pace/to give Ty some needed rest. 

Before his injury, Montgomery led the league in snaps by a RB. 

And maybe his playbook knows knowledge and pass protection wasn't where the coaches and Rodgers were comfortable with. But no it has to be the coaches are dumb and scared.

It's week 5. We lost once. He's the starter. It's nothing worth complaining about unless you have a serious anti Mac agenda and want more bullets in that gun.

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Also, Monty is a really fricken good football player, lets not forget it. He's had 0 games this year with a healthy OL, and 2 of the 3 he's played in we were down 14 in the blink of an eye. He's had literally the worst conditions you could ask for as a RB.

Was gonna to mention this same thing. He's already way in the rear view for too many people.

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

And maybe his playbook knows knowledge and pass protection wasn't where the coaches and Rodgers were comfortable with. But no it has to be the coaches are dumb and scared.

It's week 5. We lost once. He's the starter. It's nothing worth complaining about unless you have a serious anti Mac agenda and want more bullets in that gun.

Here's an idea! IF Mac was worried about Jones' pass pro, then don't put him in on passing downs. Get him in on some running plays. 

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Here's an idea! IF Mac was worried about Jones' pass pro, then don't put him in on passing downs. Get him in on some running plays. 

I don't even begin to know where to start with this one.

We don't like to sub first off. Secondl you don't want it obvious that is the case so the opponent can pick up on it and get keyed. Third you ever heard of an audible? Rodgers does them a lot. You are crying because we don't run our offense around a 5th round pick from utep to start the season. That's how stupid this is right now.

Garage point and only exists to shoehorn your opinion in. You hate Mac. You want to kill him for anything possible. There's no objectivity so it's pointless to try and have a discussion like this with you. You'll always try and justify that Mac sucks over trying to be open minded. Bravo. 

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Was gonna to mention this same thing. He's already way in the rear view for too many people.

the only thing is that Monty wasn't good in pass pro and we knew it... but he did have command of the entire offense.  Thought it was pretty well established that monty was dominating touches because he knew the offense best, then Williams because he picked up the pass pro best.

Archived