THE Aaron Jones Thread

incognito_man

36 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Here's an idea! IF Mac was worried about Jones' pass pro, then don't put him in on passing downs. Get him in on some running plays. 

Might as well go whisper in the DCs ear and tell him "hey we are running".

If your job was on the line would you choose a guy your place of work just hired to work on your project?

People don't fully grasp how cut throat the NFL is. Its one of the only jobs in the world where your job is basically on the line 24/7.

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Dallas gonna learn eventually to not leave time on the clock for 12.. I hope he sends them a post card that says "who's yo daddy?"

Still cannot believe they threw on that 2nd and 1(or was it 2) play. Almost as dumb as Pete Carroll not giving Lynch the ball on Wilson's INT in the SB. Actually, maybe more dumb. 

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Still cannot believe they threw on that 2nd and 1(or was it 2) play. Almost as dumb as Pete Carroll not giving Lynch the ball on Wilson's INT in the SB. Actually, maybe more dumb. 

Well Jerry Jones isn't the smartest HC around

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't know how you can post from your phone, I hate doing it.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You get used to it. This site is WAY better than the old one. I make 95% of my posts from it.

It's easier to use the voice to Text aspect of your phone.

I'm digging jones thus far but the Viking run D will be the true test. I'm very disappoint I'm Williams, the guy is not even trying to make people miss. I noticed even in the bears game he caught a screen with some open field and still had two hands on the football. I don't get the FB running style, I went back and watched his youtube tape and looks like two different backs. I'm looking for some mays carries right now, Williams right now seems to lack the confidence to become a legit NFL RB.

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

yep, these are the same people whining that 3 RBs were drafted and are now whining that one of them is actually good, but wasn't good IMMEDIATELY enough for the staff to construct the season around him. It's so absurd, you just gotta laugh.

Hmmm.  I'm pretty much the leader of the "Why 3 RB's Fanclub".  And I'm not whining at all that Jones looks good.  Simply put, he had one good game against a suspect defense missing it's best linebacker.  If he can replicate that success against the Vikings, I'll be more on the Jones train.

And for the record, Jones was the RB I liked best out of the bunch coming out of the draft and in pre-season.  He had the better burst and I liked his compact size.

I don't fault the staff for not putting him out there right away.  Same thing happened with Jonathan Franklin.  Some guys just need opportunity.  Jones got his and made the best of it.  I'm really hopeful that we see more of it.

15 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

No I don't love Mac. I just love making fun of people who think there smarter than him who spend half their posts trying to I TOLD YOU SO about all the staff they wanted fired for however many years. It's all so tiresome. Nobody really cares if your McCarthy opinion is right or not. And the argument padding with crap this flimsy just makes it all look worse.

Okay, Norm.  That made me laugh, big time!!!

14 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Omg... I'm on my honeymoon cruise and bought wifi to watch this game.. give Aaron jones a medal. I love you 33. Rodgers GOAT. Pinacoladas GOAT

I hope you are having a blast!!

The Cardinal/Packer playoff game was happening on my honeymoon....never will forget it, for a lot of reasons!

Enjoy!

Archived