Week 12 - GDT - Saints (8-2) @ Broncos (4-6)

Mid Iowa

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Isn't GB the only team with tiebreakers over us?  We just have to hope they lose another game so we can have the leeway for an additional loss.

I think that's right, but for some reason I'm thinking their conference record matters, too.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

I think that's right, but for some reason I'm thinking their conference record matters, too.

Well we simply need to have a better record than Green Bay period else they win the tiebreaker.  In regards to Seattle they have 2 losses in conferences so far while we currently only have 1, so we're looking good in that regard so far.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raves said:

Well we simply need to have a better record than Green Bay period else they win the tiebreaker.  In regards to Seattle they have 2 losses in conferences so far while we currently only have 1, so we're looking good in that regard so far.

Unless three of us have the same record, then tiebreaker could potentially go our way.  Depending on who we lose to and who GB loses to.

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Unless three of us have the same record, then tiebreaker could potentially go our way.  Depending on who we lose to and who GB loses to.

Yeah, but that's a pretty complicated scenario to go through so it's easier to just think they just need to have a better record.

I tuned out after a while because you got the sense the Saints would slowly grind out this win. Defense played great but you can't really take anything away from that since the Broncos were very shorthanded. Good as this defense is playing right now, eventually they're going to stumble and I'll be interested to see how the Taysom Hill-led offense responds. Think about all the hate Lamar Jackson gets in the playoffs (warranted or not) when the Ravens get down early.

Edited by Fray32

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well there goes our streak of holding RB's under 100 yards. Dangit.

It's still alive.  The streak is for individual RBs...at least I think.  It's a fairly arbitrary stat and doesn't say much because we've given up 100 yards or more to teams several times.

Either way, we do have a great run d.

21 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So we really need the Bears to pull out a win. With the Rams and Bucs loss, we'd be sitting really well if the Bears can pull out a win.

Packers have a very winnable schedule from here on out.  We really need them to drop a game, because chances are fairly high we will lose at least 1 game between Atlanta, Chiefs, and Vikings.  Carolina is no gimme either.  If Taysom plays like he did today, we're gonna be in trouble for sure.