2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

34 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'm not sure why you're getting sarcastic and upset with us about him. You claim he isnt good, yet multiple teams want him. 

I never claimed that he wasn't good. But to say that he can elevate to a 30+ ppg guy while maintaining his current efficiency is just crazy talk, lol. 18 players in the league since 1979-1980 when the 3 point line was introduced have been able to average 30+ over the course of a season. Sexton has scored 30+ points 12 times in 207 career games...

Edited by NYRaider

Of the 18 players to average 30+ ppg in a season 10 of them won at least 1 league MVP. 5 of them that didn't are in the NBA hall of fame, with the only exception being Dwayne Wade, who will be inducted as soon as he is eligible. So of the 16 players to do it they either won MVP at some point or are a HOFer. The only two exceptions being Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal. But yes, Sexton certainly could elevate easily to being a 30+ ppg scorer on his current efficiency numbers.  

Since the NBA introduced the 3 point line these are the only players to average 30+ ppg in a season:

• Michael Jordan (8 times, 5x MVP)

• Allen Iverson (4 times, 1x MVP)

• Kobe Bryant (3 times, 1x MVP)

• Adrian Dantley (3 times)

• James Harden (3 times, 1x MVP)

• LeBron James (2 times, 4x MVP)

• Kevin Durant (2 times, 1x MVP)

• George Gervin (2 times)

• Stephen Curry (2 times, 2x MVP)

• Russell Westbrook (1 time, 1x MVP)

• Karl Malone (1 time, 2x MVP)

• Dominique Wilkins (2 times)

• Moses Malone (1 time, 3x MVP)

• Dwayne Wade (1 time)

• Damian Lillard (1 time)

• Tracy McGrady (1 time)

• Brad Beal (2 times)

• Benard King (1 time) 

Since 2000 the only players to average 30+ are LeBron, Wade, Westbrook, Kobe, Durant, Curry, Iverson, Harden, Beal, McGrady, and Dame. 

All of those guys won an MVP award or a finals MVP award with the exception of Beal, Dame, and McGrady.

You two legitimately think Sexton is on that level???

Let me say for the record that I'm happy for you. You're doing a fantastic job using this thread to pad your post count. Thats what, 80 individual posts since a couple of days ago here alone? Well done!

Lets go back to what started my responses to you a couple of days ago. 

You proposed, or brought up, or liked, a proposal of Obi Toppin, Kevin Knox, and pick 19+21 for Collin Sexton. When I responded that the return wasn't enough to move him to NY IMO, you basically said I'm wrong because we have no leverage (even though we hold his rights), and I should essentially be happy to get that offer. 

This isn't rocket science. I'd move Collin Sexton, but the deal has to make sense. And no matter how many posts you want to make with sarcastic responses, or telling me we don't have leverage, it's not going to change my mind on a crappy trade offer being a crappy trade offer. 

I look forward to the 7 individual responses you'll make to my one post. 

***For the record, the 3 dot's at the top right of your posts has an edit button, you can edit your post and combine thoughts into one rather than posting a bunch of individual ones. Stop Collin Sextoning us on here, otherwise we will have no choice but to trade you to a contender for a bag of peanuts!

Edited by H2ThaIzzo

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That was my Ted Talk on Collin Sexton, I will say that I do admire the blind homerism of @H2ThaIzzo and @Sllim Pickens to truly believe Sexton is capable of doing something that some of the greatest players to ever play the game couldn't. 

That’s a lot of wasted time to still ignore that those other greats were greats because they played D and won games.  Until Beal does that, he is Lou Williams with more minutes.  Go make your teammates better or play D or something.  You can find scoring and bad defense anywhere.  It’s a cool feat, but it’s empty stats.  And it doesn’t make me put him in the all time great category because he still hasn’t won anything. I’m glad you’re a Beal stan but Dame, KD, Luka, Kawhi etc don’t score 30 and have played beyond the first round of the playoffs.  Beal is crazy overrated. 

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That’s a lot of wasted time to still ignore that those other greats were greats because they played D and won games.  Until Beal does that, he is Lou Williams with more minutes.  Go make your teammates better or play D or something.  You can find scoring and bad defense anywhere.  It’s a cool feat, but it’s empty stats.  And it doesn’t make me put him in the all time great category because he still hasn’t won anything. I’m glad you’re a Beal stan but Dame, KD, Luka, Kawhi etc don’t score 30 and have played beyond the first round of the playoffs.  Beal is crazy overrated. 

Not a Beal stan, but I respect the fact he has put up Sexton numbers on a playoff team and is one of only 6 players in NBA history with consecutive 30+ seasons. Sexton is legit Lou Williams, lol.

35 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

This isn't rocket science. I'd move Collin Sexton, but the deal has to make sense. And no matter how many posts you want to make with sarcastic responses, or telling me we don't have leverage, it's not going to change my mind on a crappy trade offer being a crappy trade offer.

Agreed. Giving Sexton a max deal to be one of the 5 worst defensive players in the league on a 20 win team is a very Cavaliers move to make. No more Sexton talk, if he ever averages 30 ppg I will never post here again, lol.

I would think @Sllim Pickens of all people would understand how bad players putting up big numbers on terrible teams isn't a true reflection of their abilities. As Jerami Grant was a 9.2 ppg guy in his first 6 seasons and averaged 22 ppg when he finally got to play on one of the worst teams in the league. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I would think @Sllim Pickens of all people would understand how bad players putting up big numbers on terrible teams isn't a true reflection of their abilities. As Jerami Grant was a 9.2 ppg guy in his first 6 seasons and averaged 22 ppg when he finally got to play on one of the worst teams in the league. 

so Sexton is a bad player now? Just making sure I'm following, since earlier I could have sworn you said he was good, but now you're inferring that he isn't. 

I wonder if Washington is happy that they gave Beal the rookie max extension back in 2016 after he averaged 17 points and 3 assists in his 4th season in the league. 

27 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

so Sexton is a bad player now? Just making sure I'm following, since earlier I could have sworn you said he was good, but now you're inferring that he isn't. 

I wonder if Washington is happy that they gave Beal the rookie max extension back in 2016 after he averaged 17 points and 3 assists in his 4th season in the league. 

I like Sexton, he's not worth a max contract. As multiple sources have said, other teams view him more as a Lou Williams type of player than a true franchise changing talent. Primarily because he's not a good enough playmaker to be a primary ball handler and is terrible defensively. Cleveland was interested in a Sexton/Love for Simmons swap and they hung up the phone, they said they're seeking an All-Star caliber player back.

And they probably felt pretty good at the time considering Beal made a huge leap the following year and the Wizards took the Celtics to 7 games in the second round of the playoffs. Beal dropped 38 in that game 7 and they were a few plays away from making the ECF. 

Washington was also in a much different position because they had John Wall who paired very well with Beal as one of the biggest, most athletic, PG's in NBA history. Before Wall's career was derailed by injuries he was an All-NBA player and Wall/Beal looked primed to become one of the best backcourts in the league. 

As I said earlier the last year with healthy Wall/Beal they were a game away from the ECF and were one of the best offensive teams in the league. The Cavaliers with Sexton/Garland won 19 games last year with the 25th best offense in the league and won 22 games this year with the 28th best offense in the league. 

ETA: Going into 2017-2018 the media ranked Wall/Beal as the 3rd best backcourt in the league. Going into this season Garland/Sexton were ranked 30th, lol. 

Edited by NYRaider