2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol you continue to quote ESPN like they matter, especially after I told you if you quote MSM as proof, I'd slap the **** out of you. Nobody cares about ESPN. 

I'd say the majority of basketball fans form their opinions based on what the MSM says. If you asked 100 casual basketball fans that don't follow the draft closely or even the majority of the Detroit Pistons fanbase, they'd all tell you they're expecting him to be a Luka Doncic level player. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd say the majority of basketball fans form their opinions based on what the MSM says. If you asked 100 casual basketball fans that don't follow the draft closely or even the majority of the Detroit Pistons fanbase, they'd all tell you they're expecting him to be a Luka Doncic level player. 

And when the hell do I put any stock into what a casual basketball fan thinks? That's not the point we're discussing. You keep stretching this out to match whatever it is you're trying to "prove" here. I literally don't care, just think it was stupid that you said people are sleeping on Jalen Green when it's not possible to "sleep" on a top 2 player lmao and, two, you've done nothing but "mess around" and drag Cade when people disagreed with you. I know it's part of your schtick but, LIS, pot meet kettle.

Now can we end this pointless conversation or do you gotta "win" this one too?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And when the hell do I put any stock into what a casual basketball fan thinks? That's not the point we're discussing. You keep stretching this out to match whatever it is you're trying to "prove" here. I literally don't care, just think it was stupid that you said people are sleeping on Jalen Green when it's not possible to "sleep" on a top 2 player lmao and, two, you've done nothing but "mess around" and drag Cade when people disagreed with you. I know it's part of your schtick but, LIS, pot meet kettle.

Now can we end this pointless conversation or do you gotta "win" this one too?

Was LaMelo slept on as a top 3 player? Yes. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Was LaMelo slept on as a top 3 player? Yes. 

No he wasn't. He was dragged for basketball reasons, not his ceiling. His shot selection and turnovers were huge issues. Everyone knew, if he got them corrected, his ceiling was absurd. People, especially me, lacked faith that he could do it. 

Nobody is sleeping on Jalen Green. Stop it. I'm not doing this for pages upon pages with you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They'd also tell you Kyrie Irving is a superstar which is also blatantly false. 

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Iguodala is mini lebron lol Cade just can get wherever he wants too and is a sniper this kid is legit 

Probably the weakest part of Cade's game is his inability to consistently beat people off the bounce. Which is why he had to settle for so many tough jumpers and his scoring efficiency numbers were comparable to former #1 picks such as Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Edwards. He's a better 3 point shooter than those guys but they were more gifted athletes. And for comparison Cade shot 46% on 2P FG, Wiggins shot 49%, and Edwards shot 50%. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No he wasn't. He was dragged for basketball reasons, not his ceiling. His shot selection and turnovers were huge issues. Everyone knew, if he got them corrected, his ceiling was absurd. People, especially me, lacked faith that he could do it. 

Nobody is sleeping on Jalen Green. Stop it. I'm not doing this for pages upon pages with you.

Fair enough, you definitely were wrong on that one.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

which pistons fans that you've spoken have expressed this opinion?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fair enough, you definitely were wrong on that one.

As were you. It happens.

Plus, lemme see more than 20 games of production. Not rooting against the kid but not ready to anoint him anything yet.

Edited by beekay414