2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, beekay414 said:

He had no choice since we continually eff up our draft picks. I'm not complaining about him whatsoever but he needs to clean up the drafting due to the lack of assets moving forward now. Thankfully, much like hockey, there are always going to be GMs that'll bail you out of your bad moves/contracts, so we'll see what happens. He earned himself a long leash, that's for sure.

I think you guys go LeBron mode now, hasn't it been like some crazy period of time since his team has actually kept their 1st round pick?

My bad, Nwora didn't start that game vs Chicago, he just got big minutes. When he got more than 20 minutes, he posted...

vs NYK - 36 minutes, 21 points, 7-18 shooting (4-8 3pt FG)
vs CHA - 32 minutes, 24 points, 9-16 shooting (4-10 3pt FG)
vs ORL - 20 minutes, 11 points, 5-12 shooting (1-5 3pt FG)
vs CHI - 36 minutes, 34 points, 14-23 shooting (4-8 3pt FG)

Of course, we also went 1-3 in those games but he proved he belongs on an NBA court in those showings.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think you guys go LeBron mode now, hasn't it been like some crazy period of time since his team has actually kept their 1st round pick?

DD still on the team, and a really important role player still getting better.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do believe so and I'm excited about it. He flashed quite a bit for us in limited action. Started that meaningless game vs the Bulls and dropped 34 points on 14-23 shooting (4-8 3pt FG).

I liked him last year. I want him to do well...mostly because I want Milwaukee to stay on top until Memphis dethrones you in 3 years.

• Like 1

I really like the 3 rookies we had on our roster last year. Think they all could be contributors in specific roles. Nwora as a microwave scorer, Merrill as a shooter/emergency ball handler and Diakite as Giannis' primary backup.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

DD still on the team, and a really important role player still getting better.

No I mean LeBron's teams, they almost never use their first round picks or have rookies on their team, they trade them for guys that can contribute immediately. With the Bucks just winning a title I think they'll follow in that mindset.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I liked him last year. I want him to do well...mostly because I want Milwaukee to stay on top until Memphis dethrones you in 3 years.

Yes, Memphis is definitely making some great moves in terms roster construction, Bledsoe and Adams is just the start of the Grizzles take over szn. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

No I mean LeBron's teams, they almost never use their first round picks or have rookies on their team, they trade them for guys that can contribute immediately. With the Bucks just winning a title I think they'll follow in that mindset.

Oohhhhh, gotcha. My bad.

Off the top of my head, the last time a LeBron team had a 1st and kept it, was 2018 if it counts. Both Cleveland and LA had 1sts and kept them. Of course LA traded Wagner the next summer haha.

If that doesn't count then I'm not sure I remember.

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jalen Green is going be special, I see the next great shooting guard. 

The top-4 teams really lucked out.  Houston is getting one of the most exciting/intriguing prospects in recent years and Cleveland/Toronto are getting right below elite-tier players.  Cade has questions but he’s a no brainer for that franchise.