2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Btw.....who's Utah got in their sights (?) and do you approve?
Or - who would you like Utah to have in their sights?

I'm not sure who we have in our sights but we definitely need to get more versatile/athletic on the wing. But our GM said the same things last year and we passed on Desmond Bane and Jaden McDaniels for a backup center, lol. 

I think we take one of two approaches, either we swing for the fences on a raw athletic, toolsy guy. Or we take an older, safer player with less upside who can contribute immediately. 

The raw guys I'd approve of would be JT Thor, Greg Brown, Bones Hyland, or Jaden Springer. But I don't think Springer/Hyland make it that far down the board, it's 50/50 if Thor does. 

The more developed/lower upside guys I'd approve would be Ayo Dosunmu, Miles McBride, or Herb Jones. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Toronto moved up in the lottery 3 spots and got their PGOTF.  After spending half his youth development on football and one weird COVID year at Gonzaga I expect him to bust out as a full time pro basketball player.

I agree that Suggs will be good, he's a good athlete, good defender, pretty good playmaker, but a very streaky shooter. So as I said, a Lonzo Ball type of player. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure who we have in our sights but we definitely need to get more versatile/athletic on the wing. But our GM said the same things last year and we passed on Desmond Bane and Jaden McDaniels for a backup center, lol. 

I think we take one of two approaches, either we swing for the fences on a raw athletic, toolsy guy. Or we take an older, safer player with less upside who can contribute immediately. 

The raw guys I'd approve of would be JT Thor, Greg Brown, Bones Hyland, or Jaden Springer. But I don't think Springer/Hyland make it that far down the board, it's 50/50 if Thor does. 

The more developed/lower upside guys I'd approve would be Ayo Dosunmu, Miles McBride, or Herb Jones. 

Good luck 👍
(But not too much luck :) )

12 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

well ya it depends on who they pick at 4.  suggs is clearly the better prospect to me than barnes and it makes too much sense to take suggs at 4.  i would be shocked if they pass on suggs for barnes. 

I think it depends on how they feel about Gary Trent Jr and Pascal Siakam. If they're going to bring back GTJ then they already have a solid starting backcourt. And Siakam reportedly wants out of Toronto so Barnes makes sense because he'd be an instant replacement and would allow them to move Siakam for other pieces. 

9 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yea we gotta do something this draft or else I’m thinking our GM gotta go. Yea these picks and assets have all this value okay what about the value of time. It’s been one year and I’m already sick of this tanking ****.

Weren't you just praising Presti and the Thunder front office as the best in the league like 30 minutes ago?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Idk how I feel about this

depends on what team you are a fan of.  shamet isnt that good.  Suns should have kept the pick to get a guard on a rookie contract.  the bottom of the draft will have several good options.  Nets could use this pick and trade up with their own first rounder.