2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If he chases the $ entirely, then no.   But am I mistaken in that Collins' requests also came when the old regime was in place coaching-wise?    ATL's winning, and McMillan as coach, and the use of Collins as more of a central piece....man, they have a lot to offer Collins to stay.   If they offered 4/100....man, I know players chase the $ (and rightfully so, given the uncertainty of the next contract), but they can make a far more compelling case than they could have 3 months ago.

If Dallas is willing to offer him a max deal, why not sign it? If Atlanta matches he's back in a good situation and if they don't he's still in a good situation with Luka Doncic. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

they could get their 1st back that they owe us. 

this is a nonstarter because at no point before it switches to two 2nds is it more valuable for us have a non lottery future pick than than the #1 this year

Did a little more research I want Moses Moody for OKC now. Reminds me a little of Harden. 6'6 7'1 wingspan sneaky athletic amazing shooter and elite at getting to the line. Productive from day 1.

Just have to hope the Magic take Kuminga

Edited by Kirill

26 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Did a little more research I want Moses Moody for OKC now. Reminds me a little of Harden. 6'6 7'1 wingspan sneaky athletic amazing shooter and elite at getting to the line. Productive from day 1.

Harden was a way more efficient scorer, better creator, and better playmaker than Moody coming out of college. Moody would fit nicely with SGA though.

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I were Toronto I'd offer the Magic #4 for #5 and Wendell Carter and then take a swing on Keon Johnson's athletic ability at #5. 

Not sure how I feel about either Keon Johnson or Wendall Carter to do that deal. 

10 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Not sure how I feel about either Keon Johnson or Wendall Carter to do that deal. 

I'm higher on Carter than most, I think he can be a solid starting center. He's only 22 and he averaged 16 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block on 50% FG/29% 3FG/73% FT PER36 last season. One of the reasons Carter's production hasn't been better, imo, is because in both Orlando and Chicago he was playing on teams that lacked a true point guard. That's why Lauri Markkanen's production has gone down in Chicago and even Nikola Vucevic's production and efficiency went down after he was traded there. 

The Raptors have some of the best player development in the league and Carter would fill a hole as your starting center. I also think Keon Johnson fits as the two well next to FVV. He's pretty raw offensively but he'll be a plus defender from day one and with the way you guys develop guys I could see him becoming a similar player to Donovan Mitchell. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Harden was a way more efficient scorer, better creator, and better playmaker than Moody coming out of college. Moody would fit nicely with SGA though.

Yeah not expecting to get an MVP guy at 6 even with our GM so my kneejerk reaction from OKC losing the lottery is I just want us to draft the best 3pt shooter available with each of our first 3 picks. Then we can at least spread the floor for Shai and help him become an MVP level player.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yeah not expecting to get an MVP guy at 6 even with our GM so my kneejerk reaction from OKC losing the lottery is I just want us to draft the best 3pt shooter available with each of our first 3 picks. Then we can at least spread the floor for Shai and help him become an MVP level player.

With OKC's current timeline I'd swing on guys with the highest upside. At 6 I'd target Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Jonathan Kuminga, or Moses Moody. And at 16/18 I'd guys like Ziaire Williams, Usman Garuba, Jalen Johnson, James Bouknight, Isaiah Jackson, Kai Jones, and/or Alperen Sengun. 

I am officially a Keon Johnson Stan. 6'5" with his frame, athleticism, and motor, I just don't see him failing. Needs to tighten up his handle and shoot the ball better but he's only 19 years old and his mechanics look fine. The thing I love about him as a prospect is that even though he's pretty raw offensively he still found ways to contribute. Particularly on the defensive end where he's always locked in looking to absolutely shut guys down, create turnovers, and block shots. I think one of the recurring themes with athletic guys who are raw coming into the league that don't end up panning out is that they're usually low motor, low intensity players. Keon is the exact opposite of that, dude goes 100% every second he's on the floor. 

Him being pretty raw offensively doesn't bother me as much because he didn't even start playing organized basketball until high school so he should be able to make leaps year to year if he puts the work in. Donovan Mitchell put up similar numbers to Keon as a freshman in college and was an impact player in the NBA two years later. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we look back at this class in a couple of years and are asking why he wasn't selected higher. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

How silly for the Cavs. Getting out from under a a huge contract just to get into another one with an injury prone stretch 4.

I'd rather get Ben Simmons lmao. 

Porzingis is 25 years old and has averaged 20/9 each of the last two seasons. Love is 33 and averaged 12/7 last season on 40% FG. You're committed to paying a 33/34 year old Love $60M over the next two years. And would be committing to pay a 25 year old Porzingis $100M over the next three years. Cap space doesn't really matter for you guys, you'll never be a player in free agency.