2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I forgot he was in the draft.  He might be a nice option for a team later in round 1

He has interviewed with some of the teams at the end of the lottery, wouldn't surprise me to see him go as high as 9 or to someone like the Spurs or Warriors with their pick.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@seminoles1 the Cavs GM recently discussed how the Hawks were willing to move #3 for #8 in 2018 if the Cavs would take back Bazemore's deal and they declined. And how he regrets missing out on the chance to draft Luka, lol.

I think the cavs trading down news is just smoke screen bs. Incompetent teams like to add flair to their draft picks like the 49ers smoke screening Mac Jones for 3 months when everyone knew it was Lance

Just now, Kirill said:

I think the cavs trading down news is just smoke screen bs. Incompetent teams like to add flair to their draft picks like the 49ers smoke screening Mac Jones for 3 months when everyone knew it was Lance

Yeah I don't see the Cavs trading down unless Sexton is involved and they're getting a proven player they really like back. 

Sources say Kuminga is in the No. 3 mix, with the organization believing that particular draft slot isn’t too high for him. “He’s a big-time prospect,” an NBA executive said. “An incredible talent who shouldn’t be overlooked.” As cleveland.com reported Thursday, the Cavs will also bring Kuminga to Cleveland for a private workout at some point next month.

Golden State assured itself of an additional first-round pick when Minnesota failed to land in the top 3 on lottery night. The Warriors now have the seventh and 14th picks plus last year’s second overall pick, James Wiseman, and there is a widespread expectation that the Warriors will use No. 7 and Wiseman, in particular, to seek more immediate upgrades to the roster. One name to watch: Pascal Siakam.

https://theathletic.com/2677827/2021/06/28/nba-draft-combine-news-notes-whose-stock-went-up-and-whose-went-down/

Oh??? I still prefer Grant without giving up Wiseman but at least the FO will be going for it with Steph's last year of his prime. 

Would need more shooting but Siakam as the 3rd option? Doesn't get much better than that. A lot of defensive versatility as well as you can put Dray at C.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://theathletic.com/2677827/2021/06/28/nba-draft-combine-news-notes-whose-stock-went-up-and-whose-went-down/

Oh??? I still prefer Grant without giving up Wiseman but at least the FO will be going for it with Steph's last year of his prime. 

Would need more shooting but Siakam as the 3rd option? Doesn't get much better than that. A lot of defensive versatility as well as you can put Dray at C.

If I'm Toronto I'd need more than Wiseman and #7 for Siakam. I'd ask for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, and possibly #14.