2021 Mock Drafts

diamondbull424

With the Ravens potentially seeing the loss of a draft pick in the upcoming 2021 NFL Draft, might be the last chance to see what our draft might’ve been like with said pick included. The two mock draft machines I’ve found are from PFN and TDN. While The Draft Network, I find their player rankings to be closer to my own evaluations (of the prospects I’ve looked over), I do like the fact that PFN allows me trades. Which if the Ravens finish with the 18th pick in the draft seems to be a sort of no man’s land where we’ll likely miss out on some prospects that could really help this team at WR, but also not be low enough where we’d get the best value for an IOL. Trading down would seem like the obvious strategy. Feel free to click on the links above and post your own mock drafts... even if we still have plenty of games left in the regular season and its not exactly mock draft season yet.

• BAL
      Creed Humphrey
      OC Oklahoma
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Terrace Marshall Jr.
      WR LSU
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Jackson Carman
      OT Clemson
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Jaelan Phillips
      EDGE Miami (FL)
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Brevin Jordan
      TE Miami (FL)
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Justyn Ross
      WR Clemson

• BAL
      Kary Vincent Jr.
      CB LSU
      trade icon
    • BAL
      Dante Stills
      DT West Virginia
      trade icon
    • 2022 BUF 6th
    • 2022 CLE 7th

•  

2021-mock-001.png

Very early draft crushes so far:

Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota (Think he would be the perfect "go up and get it" type WR Lamar needs)

Creed Humphrey, OL Oklahoma

Daniel Faalele, OL Minnesota (MAMMOTH - imagine plugging this guy in at RG next to Brown)

Austin Watkins, WR AUB (Another WR that fits the mold of a "go up and get it" player)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

2021-mock-001.png

Very early draft crushes so far:

Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota (Think he would be the perfect "go up and get it" type WR Lamar needs)

Creed Humphrey, OL Oklahoma

Daniel Faalele, OL Minnesota (MAMMOTH - imagine plugging this guy in at RG next to Brown)

Austin Watkins, WR AUB (Another WR that fits the mold of a "go up and get it" player)

I’ll have to certainly check these guys out. Haven’t watched all the OL players yet. But this certainly looks like an incredible OL class, if all the names declare... it’ll be interesting to see what the risk/reward is for these college players. Do they risk going to a combine, risk declaring as an underclassman without a combine?

But yeah, I’ll have to take a look at these guys.

EDIT: I had noticed Faalele before. I was watching tape of another prospect (not sure if it was Bateman or a defensive player from another team). I noticed a big huge player and just noticed how massive he was, didn’t actually know his name. He’s definitely got some potential to him.

I just watched the Watkin vs Central Michigan tape, wasn’t a fan of his blocking effort and he didn’t seem to put in a lot of effort when the play wasn’t going his way, his routes were noticeably geared down... though I didn’t watch enough games to form a closed opinion of him as a prospect. Though I didn’t get a chance to see him in contest catch situations.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 5:40 AM, berlin calling said:

JuJu Smith Schuster. UFA after the season, willing blocker, whats not to like. doesn't have the stats this year to demand big money, may want to go back to Cali though, who knows.

Honestly I saw this as a no-go earlier in the year when you posted this, but I never realized the Steelers cap situation was quite as putrid as it currently is. I thought they were in a position where they needed to choose between either WR with Juju or edge with Bud Dupree. Unbelievable that they’re likely to lose both players, while Big Ben will be counting for $40m+ against the cap. That’s insane.

While this didn’t work quite as well when I wasn’t on my cell phone, I certainly seem to prefer this mock option over the others. Allows you to trade and they give you a sense of comparable trade value.

I find heir prospect listings to be at least somewhat closely resembling mine as well.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2021/user-mock-170653

Ran this one about a week ago and really liked it.

• 24.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR, LSU
  • 56.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Carlos Basham Jr.
    EDGE, Wake Forest
  • 125.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Myron Cunningham
    OT, Arkansas
  • 168.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Ifeatu Melifonwu
    S, Syracuse
  • 201.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Jaret Patterson
    RB, Buffalo

• 210.Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png
    Marco Wilson
    CB, Florida

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/view

26. Baltimore Ravens
Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State

58. Baltimore Ravens
Wyatt Davis, IOL, Ohio State

127. Baltimore Ravens
Ar'Darius Washington, S, TCU

168. Baltimore Ravens
Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

203. Baltimore Ravens
Tyler Linderbaum, IOL, Iowa

210. Baltimore Ravens
Leon O'Neal Jr., S, Texas A&M

O’Neil is the only one I haven’t personally scouted; just from his description, he sounds like he could be a core special teams option as well as a backup to the skillset that DeShon Elliot brings to the table as a physical tackler. O’Neal is apparently known as a strong wrap up tackler.

Lindenbaum is arguably my 2nd best center in the draft, I still want a little more information before making finalizations, but if not #2, he’s at worst #4, to get him within the 7th round would be an absolute steal, a bigger steal than anything else in this mock. Though to be fair at this point in the process in 2018, I was able to obtain Hayden Hurst wit likely a 4th/5th round pick.

This probably is unrealistic as a selection. Justyn Ross probably goes back to Clemson to get his degree and build up his case back into the 1st round side of things, though maybe he banks on teams not wanting to pass up on his talent and/or getting his NFL money sooner rather than later. Ross is highly talented though. If/when his doctor clears him to play once again, we’re talking about easily a top 5 WR in this draft class. Reminds of AJ Green, similarities to his former teammate, Tee Higgins, as well.

Ar’Darius has single high safety potential. He’s certainly got the athleticism to get it done. If we can put a patrol man back there to legitimately cover up the big play, that would take any championship talk for us to another level in field play. In the AFC arms race, having such a safety will be critical in the future of the NFL with Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, Baker, Tannehill, and whatever other young QB’s decide to emerge from the bunch in the future, let alone any possible veterans traded into one of the playoff contending AFC rosters.

The sim gods somehow allowed Wyatt Davis to fall to the 2nd round. Granted, I never thought he was quite as elite as a Quentin Nelson, I do think Davis is very good. I’d probably have him just below a Kevin Zeitler but above a Ben Grubbs as an OG prospect, I wanted to go safety, but this is too good of best player available to pass up... sort of like Dobbins last season.

Lastly, the goal should be to get Lamar as many weapons as possible. Freiermuth is a TE and not a WR obviously, but regardless of where the weapons come from, Lamar simply needs legit options to pass to that can consistently get open. Freiermuth might have some increased viability after the catch and can get open on similar looks to Andrews, meaning defenses will need to pick their poison as to which TE they’d like to go double and which they’d like to expose them over the middle. Considering Andrews is already the Pro Bowl rising star option, teams will likely leave Pat open for plenty of 3rd down completions. Not yet a good blocker, PFM’s receiving strengths should allow him to make an early career impact before his blocking finally catches up.

Just ran this one on TDN, it may be my favorite yet. It may not be the highest instant 2021 season impact, but I think it would really set the team up long-term to manage the roster in a post-Lamar mega deal world.

Round 1 (26). Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa - I think the team makes a serious effort to retain Yannick and Bowser, letting Judon walk for a big deal elsewhere. He's got good size (6'4" 260lb) and athleticism with an ability to make plays all over the field. He would provide a second SAM in place of the departing Judon, which seems to be something Wink values highly. Love what TDN has here for his profile: "Collins offers an exciting blend of size, length, power, football intelligence, and versatility that makes him a dynamic prospect for the NFL. Whether it’s defending the run, dropping into coverage, or rushing the passer, Collins has the requisite skill set required to execute and was arguably the most dynamic defensive playmaker in college football for the 2020 season." 

Round 2 (58). Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State - This is a good example of a guy who may not be an immediate key player for 2021, but will help keep the roster talented into the future. In 2021 he would likely be the 5th or 6th corner, but has played inside at the nickel and could provide some insurance for Young. Slots in as the potential third CB for 2022, though, if Averett and Jimmy depart in FA and if Tavon is let go for injury/underperformance. 

Round 4 (127). Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State - Great size and length. A little plodding and could really benefit from an NFL offseason as well as coaching on footwork (an area where the Ravens staff has been very good in developing linemen). Provides a potential backup LT/swing tackle and could be in the competition to succeed Orlando Brown at RT in 2022.

Round 5 (168). Austin Watkins, WR, UAB - Explosive downfield receiver. May need some seasoning/development, but a good option this late in the draft.

Round 6 (203). Peyton Hendershot, TE, Indiana

Ronud 6 (210). Tyreke Smith, EDGE, Ohio State

3 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Round 2 (58). Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State - This is a good example of a guy who may not be an immediate key player for 2021, but will help keep the roster talented into the future. In 2021 he would likely be the 5th or 6th corner, but has played inside at the nickel and could provide some insurance for Young. Slots in as the potential third CB for 2022, though, if Averett and Jimmy depart in FA and if Tavon is let go for injury/underperformance. 

I’ve actually been intrigued by the prospect of Wade falling into the second round as well. If he does, I think the smart play would be to convert him into a safety. I’m not incredibly impressed with this safety class, so Wade’s skillset to be physical, provide some nickel ability, while also being as twitchy, explosive, and instinctual as he has shown he can be... I’d be intrigued to see what he looks like in deep coverage.

I think there’s some comparison with him to former Ohio State All American CORNER, turned NFL safety Malcolm Jenkins. We’re in desperate need of a legit safety that can play cover 1 and be a playmaker deep and I think Wade has the potential to provide that kind of ability. I’m not a fan of how he’s looked at outside corner though, he’s consistently not shown an ability to hang against NFL talent IMO.

Another player he compares to was how Alabama utilizes Minkah Fitzpatrick, only without the same cover 1 showings. While it stands to reason he has that he could have that skillset, it’s not a given. If he falls, I really like him as a safety convert option.