2021 Mock Drafts

diamondbull424

On 2/15/2021 at 7:03 AM, DreamKid said:

Decided to see what I could do with the potential 1st Round OBJ pick and boy did I turn in a doozy. (If you want to try the same just select the Chargers & Ravens for the draft, then as the Chargers trade the 13th Overall Pick for the Ravens' 2022 7th Round Pick and just operate as if the Ravens are down their starting RT).

Check it out-

*Note: For some reason it didn't let me make our 7th Round Pick, I might've accidently traded our 2021 7th instead of our 2022- So watch out for that yourselves. Still had to share this draft though because it's so awesome. 🙂

Vikings trade Pick 14 + Pick 90 to Ravens for Pick 13

Giants trade Pick 22 + Pick 42 to Ravens for Pick 14 + 2022 3rd Round Pick

1st Round Pick 22. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota - Secured two trade downs from Pick #13 and still got our guy at Pick #22. Bateman is an immediate boost to our offense and possesses a near bust proof profile as a prospect. So he's perfect for us. 

Bengals trade Pick Pick 38 + Pick 69 to Ravens for Pick 27

Jaguars trade Pick 45 + Pick 65 to Ravens for Pick 38 + Pick 104

2nd Round Pick 42. Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU - First of our now three 2nd Round Picks, why not finish off the WR position? Terrace Marshall is a great get at Pick #42. Next up from the LSU pipeline, Marshall brings 5 Star recruit pedigree and an underrated game. Lamar goes from Miles Boykin & Willie Snead to Rashod Bateman and Terrace Marshall. 

2nd Round Pick 45. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma - Didn't want to risk it and just picked Creed Humphrey right here. Polished high end college center that immediately solidifies the position for us going forward. 

2nd Round Pick 58. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame- Eichenberg is a highly rated and highly experienced Tackle who has started at both LT & RT for Notre Dame. We bookend Ronnie Stanley with another of the Fighting Irish OL factory.

3rd Round Pick 65. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL)- I really like Brevin Jordan for us and this offense. He can step right into Hayden Hurst's old role, but opposite of Hurst, he'd do so as one of the youngest players in the entire draft. He turns 21 in July. All around talent with upside that will easily surpass his Pick #65 status.

3rd Round Pick 69. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State- Alim is a Top 5 DI in the class, and many consider him the top NT in the draft. Like Brandon Williams and Michael Pierce, McNeill has athleticism beyond what his dimensions would suggest. So our FO taking an interest wouldn't be a surprise. Especially as Brandon Williams' career with the Ravens nears it's end. We nab a long term replacement in the 3rd.

3rd Round Pick 90. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)- As Raven-ey as a prospect could be. This hometown pass rusher went from Temple to Miami and should be a hot target for our FO. Educated hands, natural pass rush instincts, and enough athletic ability to make it all work. Would be a year one pass rush weapon for our likely depleted EDGE core. A strong scheme fit for us as well. Don't sleep on his versatily.

4th Round Pick 131. Shaun Wade S/CB Ohio State- Probably moving to Safety at the next level. Could play in our big nickel package too. Kind of hits two positions here with his potential backend versatility.

5th Round Pick 169. Drake Jackson OC Kentucky - Thought about getting another pass rusher here, but none of them jumped out at me and Jackson gives us one more IOL option. Could be Humphrey's long term backup.

6th Round Pick 184. Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan - Similar pick to the Drake Jackson one. We need Tackle depth beyond replacing OBJ and Moore is a solid option this late. Really impressed during Senior Bowl week.

6th Round Pick 211. Tre Brown CB Oklahoma- Feisty and experienced speedster who could transition to NCB. Good fit for our scheme and he might have a bright future on STs.

Here's the actual final layout from the mock so you guys don't think I created this one out of thin air 🤣-

Reveal hidden contents
team logo
team logo
  • BAL
    Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Liam Eichenberg
    OT Notre Dame

• BAL
    Brevin Jordan
    TE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Alim McNeill
    DT North Carolina State
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Quincy Roche
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State

• BAL
    Drake Jackson
    OC Kentucky

• BAL
    Jaylon Moore
    OT Western Michigan

• BAL
    Tre Brown
    CB Oklahoma

pfn-logo-black

If we get Creed Humphrey and Alim McNeil in the same draft, I might actually go into cardiac arrest, lol

Sidenotes, what's the thoughts on Elijah Moore? I really like what I've seen on the short film I did watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Sidenotes, what's the thoughts on Elijah Moore? I really like what I've seen on the short film I did watch.

He played well on the cut ups I watched. I have no major issues with his profile or tape. Actually think he'll be a pretty good pro. I guess he hasn't really been a discussion point around here because it doesn't feel like he's the kind of receiver the FO wants right now. 5'9 probably under 190 lbs, and likely a SWR at the next level. I think we're going to be in on receivers with some size who can reliable project to the outside for us. Finally opening up that aspect of the passing game for Lamar as he begins his Year 4 evolution.

If he's the only decent option left though, after the Ravens went in other directions early? Sure, I could see the Ravens looking his way. And I wouldn't be angry. Lot to like about his game. Sh*ts on a guy like Proche who we picked last draft. 

@RavensfanRD The best compliment I can give Elijah Moore is that if you squint while watching him, sometimes he looks like AB. Which is certainly a testament to his on field ability. He's smooth, confident, precise, and switched on. Even better for him is when you watch his interviews, he's nothing like AB off the field. 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Doing these full mocks is a fun way to familiarize yourself with a ton prospects quickly

Agreed.  It kinda forces you to consider some other names besides the trendy ones pushed on here/social media/reddit/forums when a bunch of players you haven't really looked at or read up about are the ones at the top of the suggested big board

• Like 1

Obviously there were a lot of trades up and down the board in multiple rounds.

1st Round
NY Giants receive: #27 (traded to Cowboys for Jaycee Horn for Jaelan Phillips, Rodarius Williams, 2022 2nd)
BAL Ravens Receive: #11, #42, 2022 1st

Two trade downs with Vikings (Kwitty Paye) and Cardinals (Patrick Surtain)
BAL Ravens receive: #16 + Crapton of other picks

Pick#16- Kyle Pitts: 6’6” 246 lbs
John Mackey Award (2020), Unanimous All-American (2020), 2x 1st Team All-SEC (2019, 2020).
Slamdunk selection. I traded down with the Cardinals, fully expecting the Patriots to take Pitts at 15, however they went in another direction. NOs appeared to be trying to put on the full court press to trade up for Pitts, however, I turned down their offer. At just 19/20 years old this season, Kyle Pitts put up the most prolific TE season in NCAA history. Within our offense, I’d expect Pitts to move all around the formation. I could see him instantly steal snaps from Boykin in the x receiver alignment within the offense. We could successfully start 3 TEs on the field at one time and get away with it. At WR, Pitts is a 1st round talent, yet he’s also a dog as a blocker and is only getting better.

2nd Round
Pick#42- Wyatt Davis: 6’4” 315 lbs
Unanimous All-American (2020), Consensus All-American (2019), Big Ten OLOY (2020), 2x 1st Team All Big Ten (2019, 2020), Big 10 All Decade 1st Team.

The organization mentioned that this offseason was about improving the offensive line, Yanda’s vacancy at RG was the biggest issue in tanking this unit of the course of the season, forcing the unit to deal with the consistent inconsistencies of Tyre Philips. Enter Wyatt Davis. The accolades speak for themselves. The son of Duane Davis (The Program, Ghost of Mars, Under Siege) and Grandson of NFL HOF DL, Willie Davis (Packers), Wyatt Davis turned himself into one of the top HS recruits in the country and then went on to become one of the best OL in Ohio State history. If there is anyone that can answer the call and replace future HOF OL, Marshal Yanda, it’s Wyatt Davis.

Pick #49- Creed Humphrey: 6’4 5/8” 312 lbs
3rd Team All-American (2020), 2nd Team All American (2019), Big 10 OLOY (2020, 2019), 0 sacks allowed (2019, 2020), 2x 1st Team All Big 12 (2019, 2020).
While the accolades aren’t quite as plush as his new teammate, Creed Humphrey is one of- if not the best- Center in college football of the last decade. Creed has insane upper body strength and terrific balance that makes him very difficult to overcome. A current IOL he reminds me of Elgton Jenkins, though Creed was the superior collegiate talent due to his insane reach block ability (I’ve never seen that kind of foot quickness and hip flexion in an IOL) along with his aforementioned incredible upper body strength. But from a balance perspective, Jenkins and Humphrey were both former wrestlers that translated that skillset into dominating their conferences... Jenkins now uses it to dominate at the NFL level. I see a similar future with Creed.

3rd Round
Pick #68- Walker Little- 6’7” 315 lbs
First Team All PAC 12 (2018), PAC 12 Freshman Co-OPOY (2017), ESPN Freshman All-American, 1st Stanford True Freshman Starting LT since 2000.
Walker Little was a 5 Star OL turned dominant freshman, He followed that up once again with a strong sophomore campaign. One game into his junior season, he suffers a knee injury that had him miss the entire season. He then opted out of the 2020 season. So while it’s unfortunate that Little has missed nearly two seasons of action, however had he played those seasons, it’s very likely that he’s a 1st round pick. The Ravens profit off of circumstance here and they have the ability to allow Walker to come along at whatever pace he needs to. With Patrick Mekari as a swing OG/OT/OC fill in along the line, he can afford to man the RT position early, if Little isn’t ready. However if Little proves to pick up where he left off in college football, a legitimate competition likely ensues. This could ultimately end up being a circumstance similar to James Hurst and Orlando Brown Jr in his rookie season.

Little plays LT for Stanford.

Pick #70- Rashad Weaver- 6’4 3/8” 265 lbs
Consensus All-American (2020), First Team All-ACC (2020), ACC Sack/Game Crown (0.83), ACC TFL/Game Crown (1.61)

Rashad Weaver is the perfect addition to the Ravens defensive front 7. I actually made sure I traded up to obtain Weaver as I wanted no part of missing out on his talent. When Weaver was off the field for Pittsburgh, their was a clear and noticeable drop off in their defense in 2020. Weaver combines long arms with very quick hands to consistently keep his frame clean. Weaver has shown to be very effective as both a pass rusher and run stopper as his accolades show. As a rusher he’s got both an inside and outside game and consistently deploys his length to interrupt passing lanes when he doesn’t get home. He’s very disciplined in his rush plane and rarely gets too far upfield so as to allow mobile QBs to scramble out. While he’s a little bit older at 23 years old (24 in November), his polish also is key for a defense that won’t have time to wait for a more raw prospect to develop. Weaver can step into Matt Judon’s role on day one, his skillset also reminds of Zadarius Smith, I suspect he would make it two years running where the Ravens find an impact defensive option at the top of the 3rd round.

Weaver is jersey#17

Pick #83- Dyami Brown- 6’1 ” 185 lbs
AP 3rd Team All American (2020), 1st Team All ACC, 3rd Team All ACC, 69th Percentile B/O Age, 56th Percentile DR, 94th Percentile YPR, B2B 1000 yd SSNs, B2B 20+ YPR seasons.
Dyami Brown is a @DreamKid draft favorite. I like him a lot as well (though not quite as much). Brown reminds me a lot of Torrey Smith as a WR. I took Brown over the overaged Eskridge with the pick. Within our offense, I doubt Brown sees much significant usage as a rookie considering that appears to be Harbaugh’s MO with rookies. What’s more, the path to the field could be difficult as he will have to beat out both Boykin and Duvernay to see quality snaps, making things more difficult is Kyle Pitts ability to play along the boundary as well. However, Hollywood Brown has a slender enough frame and as the team’s only true deep threat on the roster, it was crucial to provide a backup presence for his role. Brown fulfills that obligation and has the potential to develop into something far more lethal if/when given the opportunity.

4th Round
Pick #125- Divine Deablo- 6’3 3/8” 226 lbs
1st Team All-ACC (2020)
Divine Deablo was someone that absolutely stood out in senior bowl practices. He’s a legitimate freak athlete and outside of Richie Grant, Divine stood out most to me in the senior bowl practices. He was legitimately covering WRs better than corners in the matchup drills. His highlight reel shows him as someone that can both lay the wood as well as moves fluidly in the secondary. Divine should immediately be a dominant core special teamer from day one and could also carve out a role within big nickel fronts where we could deploy him as both a FS as well as a TE cover option. With the added safety depth, we can now breath a sigh of relief whenever DeShon Elliot collides a little too hard with Derrick Henry. Deablo provides insurance for Elliot as well as ensures that, given Elliot is in a contract year, we have someone that can successfully replace him.

Pick #137- Marvin Wilson- 6’3 1/2 ” 319 lbs
1st Team All-ACC (2019), 2nd Team All-ACC (2020), 2x HS All-American
While Marvin Wilson didn’t quite live up to his expectations as the most dominant DT at the HS level within his recruiting class. Wilson, I believe will be a better pro than he was a college player. He’s a great option at 2 gaping, plays with terrific power and aggressiveness. While only a 4th round pick, Wilson should immediately provide a legitimate backup to Brandon Williams that we haven’t seemed to have whenever he’s gone down in the past. With only one year left on his deal, securing Wilson was tantamount and thus naturally I traded up to secure his services. Similar to BWill, Marvin Wilson is not a legitimate pass rushing option from the inside, however he does provide a quality pocket pressure when in the game, due to his ability to collapse the pocket- especially against weaker IOL that struggle with balance.

5th Round
Pick #162- Darius Stills- 6’1 ” 284 lbs
Consensus All-American(2020), First Team All-Big 12 (2020, 2019)
Darius Still is an absolute nightmare to block as a pass rusher along the inside. I have no idea how he consistently has fallen to the late rounds. While he does have noted flaws as a run stopper as he’s more of a penetrating option than a gap responsibility option, he pairs well as another pass rushing IDL to add to our deep IDL rotation.

Pick #184- Kelvin Joseph- 6’1” 192 lbs
4th Team All-SEC (2020)
Kelvin Joseph was initially recruited and saw playing time as a true freshman 4 star recruit for LSU, however he was suspended and then chose to eventually enter the transfer portal. He sat out his sophomore season, however quickly made an impact in his Junior season. Joseph is one of the most gifted corners in all of college football and only falls to the 6th round due to his one year starting status, along with the red flags within his past. This is where having veteran corners within the locker room pay off, a guy like Jimmy Smith who had issues as a youth can help to mentor Joseph and guide his talent along within our secondary. From a pure talent perspective however, the 2020 season proved that we could use some additional depth within our secondary and as the Chiefs (and to a lesser degree the Bills) have shown, we can use some additional speed within our secondary to combat the depth and speed that their units can muster when at full strength. Joseph provides that and the ballhawking skills to match. If he can prove to be a professional, then he could end up being Jimmy Smith’s long term replacement option. It’s possible Smith retires after this season.

6th Round
Pick #211- Jonathan Cooper- 6’2 3/4 ” 254 lbs
Cooper was someone that I noticed who stood out in the NCAA playoffs and then once again noticed him standing out in the Senior Bowl drills. Come to find out he was one of the top DE prospects in the nation (5 Stars) coming out of HS and due to injuries had issues emerging on a deep Ohio State DL that has had both Bosa and Young thrive in recent memory. With the edge depth on the squad having some holes, Cooper presents a low risk, high potential option talent. Beyond that his character seems to be of the highest order and was a noted team leader along that Buckeyes defense.

7th Round
Pick #239- Tarron Jackson- 6’2 1/2 ” 260 lbs
2020 Consensus 1st Team All-American (2020), Sun Belt DPOY (2020), 2x 1st Team All-Sun Belt (2019, 2020), 3rd Team All-Sun Belt (2018).
Couldn’t end the draft without a highly productive talent with all the accolades to match. Jackson is a classic Ravens selection. Jackson popped for me in the couple of Coastal Carolina games I watched live this past season and while I didn’t notice him at the senior bowl, I can’t say I was looking. Either way, the edge position has plenty of room on the roster for a competition to ensue and Jackson could compete immediately on special teams and perhaps carve out some opportunities for himself on the defense as time goes by.

Futures
2022 NYG 1st Round Pick (Orlando Brown)
2022 MIN 2nd Round Pick
2022 ARI 5th Round Pick
2022 NO 7th Round Pick

Spoiler
  • BAL
    Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Wyatt Davis
    OG Ohio State
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Walker Little
    OT Stanford
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Rashad Weaver
    EDGE Pitt
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Dyami Brown
    WR North Carolina
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Divine Deablo
    S Virginia Tech
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Darius Stills
    DT West Virginia
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Kelvin Joseph
    CB Kentucky

• BAL
    Jonathon Cooper
    EDGE Ohio State

• BAL
    Tarron Jackson
    EDGE Coastal Carolina
    trade icon
  • 2022 NYG 1st
  • 2022 MIN 2nd
  • 2022 ARI 5th
  • 2022 NO 7th
pfn-logo-black
Spoiler
  • NYG
    Jaelan Phillips
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • NYG
    Josh Myers
    OC Ohio State

• NYG
    Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi
    trade icon
  • NYG
    Rodarius Williams
    CB Oklahoma State
    trade icon
  • NYG
    Ben Cleveland
    OG Georgia

• NYG
    Anthony Schwartz
    WR Auburn

• NYG
    Israel Mukuamu
    CB South Carolina

• 2022 DAL 2nd
pfn-logo-black

Edited by diamondbull424
Added videos
  • Like 1

Definitely didn’t mean to initially post it, but hey. At least there was no chance of it getting deleted. All in all 12 draft picks. I got some of the top names I wanted. I got lucky in some instances with some nice trades. And lucky again when NE passed on Kyle Pitts affording me the ability to bring him onto the squad. I think this will be my personal walk off homer mock like @DreamKid mock on page 3.

As opposed to doing the Vikings deal, I chose to do my project Giants deal. But besides that the circumstances are all largely the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did a quick mock with PFN's mock machine this morning now that the majority of the FA frenzy has died down.  I decided to go with the assumption that we'll keep OBJr for the final year of his rookie contract:

Pick 27 - & pick 104 traded to MIA for 36 & 50

Pick 36 - Jaelen Phillips, EDGE, Miami
I think there's a legitimate argument that he is the best EDGE prospect in the draft (although I personally like the upside of Rousseau more) so to get him at the start of the 2nd is good value

Pick 50 - Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
We obviously still need another piece for the IOL after the Zeitler signing, and this will result in the least disruption 

Pick 58 - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
I'd prefer the Ravens drafted someone with a bit more size, but Moore is great value at the end of the 2nd imo

Pick 104 - used in earlier trade

Pick 131 - James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati
Same as my mock from a month ago - Wiggins seems like a decent free safety prospect that can provide some much needed depth at the position, while also providing something different to what we already have in Clark/Elliot 

Pick 171 - Jaylon Moore, OT, Western Michigan
Could do with another developmental swing tackle because Tyre Phillips certainly didn't show he can be trusted with that sort of role on the roster last year 

Pick 184 - Tamorrion Terry, WR, FSU
Decided to take a flyer on a big bodied WR at the end of the 5th with great athleticism that Tee Martin can hopefully develop further.

Pick 210 - Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
Like in my previous mock, he's selected here for his versatility and mini-Bowser potential

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Pick 58 - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
I'd prefer the Ravens drafted someone with a bit more size, but Moore is great value at the end of the 2nd imo

The Ravens dilemma is that the 'size' WRs who could make a legit Year 1 impact will go quickly(Bateman, Marshall Jr.). And if we're picking our first WR of the draft at or around our original 2nd Round Pick Slot then we'll just have to roll with the BPA as you did here. Elijah Moore is a savage and his chance of busting is around 0%. Immediate and Massive upgrade from Snead with upside far beyond him.

Like the Mock overall too, good work. Phillips is a curious case and I can't wait to see where's he picked.

I wanted to see what PFF's rankings were like (and they seem pretty different to the rankings of the other common mock draft simulators in PFN/TDN) so had a go with their mock draft machine.  Here's what I ended up with:

download.png

I think I need to play around with it more to get a feel for their WR rankings especially - it looks like they have 5 or 6 WRs ranked in such a way that they get taken before pick 27.

I also think that having read Gil Brandt's top 100 prospects this morning may have influenced my decision to trade up to take Kelvin Joseph too much 😅