Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

26 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Someone have a opinion ?

• I don't want Golladay, he's too much money .. and I don't think he's worth that much tbo .. I would much rather have that Corey Davis deal 
  • I would LOVE this Jonnu Smith deal, he is only 25.. he's big, fast, can block and would honestly be an 800-1000 yard receiver here being a focal point of the offense. You don't worry about having Asiasi with him because you go back to a 2TE focused offense if he does well and you dominate that way with middle tier WR / an elite speed slot guy
  • I don't know much of anything about Yannick Ngakoue though, is he worth that money? Would he be an elite DE here? He's only 25 so I love that part

At the end of the day, I think BB goes hard at TE for a single reason: Value. You can get an elite TE who can catch and make plays like a WR for half the money of an elite WR. I'd love to get back to having 2 elite TE

58 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Jonnu Smith deal, he is only 25.. he's big, fast, can block and would honestly be an 800-1000 yard receiver here being a focal point of the offense.

Take this with a grain of salt.   Why is his numbers so low. Titans offense should been made for him. Henry draws LB up he works behind  them. He should be a big name.  I don't understand why he's looked at as a potential star. I see his physicals  and age  but he hasn't proved it.

I'm just going on the very limited knowledge that I have on him., but is this more production or potential. Take it like this I'm in a row boat without paddles!!!

I don't think they used him as a primary receiving option (They had two high end WR which were a focal part of their passing offense). With the Patriots he would immediately be the #1 receiver .. and would really help Asiasi grow as the #2 TE because teams would be focused on Jonnu. It would also really help a drafted speedster they hopefully get along with Meyers who is really smart and can find space to operate. It has been noted by many that he has made noticeable improvement every season and if you make him a focal point of your offense he will only continue to grow. 

My desire to get him is 100% revolved around the desire to go back to a 2TE focused offense. Not many teams have two TE you really have to worry about, if Asiasi takes a jump in year 2 you can have that. It would dramatically help Meyers and you could double dip in the 3rd/4th on WR's. 

• Tannehill had a 112 passer rating throwing to him, he seems to catch anything around him
  • last season LT Taylor Lewans had an ACL injury which caused the team to use him more as a blocker than receiver
  • Dominant in the red zone ( major Pats need) with 8 TDs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Take this with a grain of salt.   Why is his numbers so low. 

Titans had the 2nd fewest pass attempts in the league last year, and were 26th the year before that. Plus they've had AJ Brown and Corey Davis. Smith's production is a reflection of that more than anything else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

My morning has been ruined... sigh

I screaming all over in the general board. There is not one positive with this move. ZERO. The hamster wheel is now spinning 100 mile per. We are looking at least 3 years of losing football. I'm positive now the Pats will draft Kellon Mond in the 2nd round, if not I would not be supersized that he takes only one QB in the lower end of the draft. BB " we tried but the value/board didn't allow it.

I can't believe any Pats fan can't see that. We are stuck in the draft just like this year and the profitability of picking a QB is less than 5%.  Here's one, most likely the QB picked won't pan out. Now we are looking at 6/7 years without a viable QB. 

I been a Pats fan for 50 plus years. This move ranks up there as one of the worst in those 50 years!!! I Maybe top two or three. The number one with out a doubt was trading Mike Haynes. I cried for a week!!!!

Edited by m haynes