Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

So with our offensive weapons as bad as they can get in the NFL, one of the worst fronts 7s we've ever played, and the fact that we've got about 70 mil in cap next year, what are some moves you'd like to see in the 2021 free agency?

Some notable impending Free Agents in 2021:

• Matt Judon
  • Ryan Kerrigan
  • Allen Robinson
  • Chris Godwin
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Lavonte David
  • Shaq Barrett
  • Anthony Harris
  • Justin Simmons
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Yannick Ngakoue
  • Bud Dupree
  • Leonard Williams
  • Jadeveon Clowney
  • Will Fuller
  • Leonard Floyd
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Hunter Henry
  • Jonnu Smith
  • Marcus Williams
  • Gronk😆

I left out lineman, running backs, and corners because we don't need those in FA, neither is Belichik going to waste money on those positions the areas of concern are front 7 and recievers (WRs and TEs).

• Like 1

Now obviously all these guys won't be there when free agency begins but I'd love to get at least Godwin and at least one of Yannik Ngakoue/Lavonte David/Shaq Barrett. Probably won't get any of those guys but man if Godwin somehow comes available we need to get him he would fit perfectly in our system he gets wide open and never drops a ball. 

But Realistically I'd like to honestly just get Allen Robinson and Hunter Henry at the very least, Belichik can honestly take nobodies on defense and mold them into playmakers, no real point of wasting money there, on some overrated guys but a guy like Lavonte David would be so fun to have to see what Belichik could do with a guy like that. But honestly I'd be fine with just drafting front 7 guys just need to draft some size back on defense. 

5 hours ago, JohnCena said:
  • Chris Godwin
  • Kenny Golladay

We need a number 1 WR. Now I would not break the bank for any WR, but for a fair price sure.

Leonard Williams

This is all about cost. Again it depends on the market. 

All the others I would pass on and look for better value. EX Mike Vrabel

But Realistically I'd like to honestly just get Allen Robinson and Hunter Henry at the very least

Im not super big on Robinson, but I think this is the best combo to go after as well. Robinson is going to be overpriced though, and if I was a betting man I'd say he will go somewhere willing to pay top dollar with a better QB situation. Man has been mired for years. 

• Like 1

Let's be real, most of those guys aren't hitting the market. And Belichick very rarely shells out for big ticket guys. So always keep that in mind when making shopping lists.

If you want a clearer indication of who actually will be available, look to the teams that are going to be hard up against the cap next season. Start with the Saints because they're the team that's going to have to dump a ton of salary to get under the cap. They stand to lose Sheldon Rankins, Alex Anzalone and Trey Hendrickson, all of whom would be useful pieces for the Pats. Guys like Emmanuel Sanders, Malcom Brown and Nick Easton are all potential cap casualties as well.

The Rams are another team that could be looking to shed weight. They stand to lose Leonard Floyd, Gerald Everett, Troy Hill and Austin Blythe, and potentially cut Michael Brockers.

Vance McDonald and Vince Williams from the Steelers are two more guys I'd take a look at.

Finally, Kyle Rudolph is a guy I know people here wanted to bring in a couple of years ago. His production has fallen off since he signed his big extension, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings decided to release him. He's definitely someone I'd be interested in if Hunter Henry doesn't hit the market. 

Edited by Starless

I feel like we could see 1 "splash" signing similar to when BB signed Gilmore, a trade of Gilmore for a draft pick ( probably 2nd or 3rd) .. then value signings we won't get excited about. Could also see some interesting players get cut who BB goes after. 

My guess is the Spite signing of Chris Godwin to get him away from Tampa and make Brady's life more difficult. 

Just now, Starless said:

There's no way the Bucs let him walk, is there? They're gonna sell out to re-up both him and Lavonte David. 

They have a lot of defensive signings to make.. I could see them easily not being able to afford Godwin and believing they can afford to let him go with all the other weapons on the team. 

Between him and Gronk, I figure Brady will use his muscle to keep Gronk around too. 

Shaq Barret / Lavonte David / Ndamukong Suh come to mind .. i think they may have a couple more too which could be expensive. 

Godwin is 25 and he would immediately make the offense dramatically better. You can offer him a 5 year, 75 Million dollar contract and you would be getting him for the prime of his career. Now is 15 enough? Idk but if teams are shy to spend money next season could work out. 

21 hours ago, JohnCena said:

• Matt Judon
  • Ryan Kerrigan
  • Allen Robinson
  • Chris Godwin
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Lavonte David
  • Shaq Barrett
  • Anthony Harris
  • Justin Simmons
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Yannick Ngakoue
  • Bud Dupree
  • Leonard Williams
  • Jadeveon Clowney
  • Will Fuller
  • Leonard Floyd
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Hunter Henry
  • Jonnu Smith
  • Marcus Williams
  • Gronk😆

What I want; Kerrigan, Henry and Golladay

What I think BB ends up doing;  Out bid for Henry, so gets some other schmuck at TE like a Tyms type or at best go for Jared Cook again. Gets more speed in John Ross and adds to DL beef with a DaQuan Jones or Johnathan Hankins

Basically I don't get my hopes up. 

Cory Davis? Finally starting to come on after being drafted highly.

Robinson will command too much. I'd be shocked if the Texans let Fuller go, but man that would be the guy I'd want. Juju will get a boat load of money due to his age and production; I do wonder if Pitt lets him walk due to the fact that they produce WR talent like its nothing.

Also, I was reading that the cap is likely to decline this year, so teams with a lot of cap heading into next year are at more of an advantage. I think we're in a pretty good spot.

• Like 1

Fuller, Jonnu Smith, and Corey Davis would be my guesses as far as a FA splash is concerned. I'd really like Aaron Jones but that is a luxury that isn't going to happen like a lot of other possibilities on the list.

Really wish the Pats gave up a compensatory first for Taysom Hill like I suggested and expected last off-season. Do it all player that can start at QB. Seemed like a no-brainer fit and the type of move McDaniels and Belichick would have made.