NFC Playoff Picture

incognito_man

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno how you can "prove" a particular advantage. The best evidence is our home record in December with Rodgers. Which is fantastic.

We've won our last 3 home playoff games as well.

Nope. You cant prove it and I'm not asking anyone to do so.

Just wondering when the last truly cold weather game where the cold really played to our advantage i.e. was an actual factor.
I've mentioned the only two games I can think of.

NYG's - we won.
CAR - we won.

Was the cold a factor in those Ws? Cant say.

A third.....I think it was pretty cold when SF (and Kaepernick) came to town. That didnt go so well. Close game though - but again - I cant truly cite the weather as being an advantage one way or the other.

Add on edit:  The NYGs handed us our lunch - twice - in TRULY COLD playoff games. The last big game Favre failed us in and one with AR - but it was the players/play on the field that did us in......although I think the cold got to Favre in that NFCCG.

I'd certainly rather play any game at home. No doubt. I'm just not all that certain when the games get down to it and its nothing but the big boys fighting it out.....that the cold plays that big a factor  -  or is something we can rely on turning the tide to our favor.

Edited by Leader

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Your statement is contradictory.

You claim that Aaron was saying he preferred it to be better (colder) and then conclude he doesn't like it.

You've decided it was a contradiction in order to establish a way of getting me to argue with you, and went about it by deliberately being obtuse...

"Aaron Rodgers was complaining after the Carolina game that mother nature was going to have to do better (colder) than 33 degrees....It didn't feel to him like it was much (if any) of an advantage"...

First part clearly states Rodger said he wanted it to be colder than 33 degrees (by mother nature having to do better)....The second part stating it (the 33 degrees) didn't feel like much (or if any) of an advantage....This clearly means he would prefer it colder....

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:
53 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Your statement is contradictory.

You claim that Aaron was saying he preferred it to be better (colder) and then conclude he doesn't like it.

You've decided it was a contradiction in order to establish a way of getting me to argue with you, and went about it by deliberately being obtuse...

"Aaron Rodgers was complaining after the Carolina game that mother nature was going to have to do better (colder) than 33 degrees....It didn't feel to him like it was much (if any) of an advantage"...

First part clearly states Rodger said he wanted it to be colder than 33 degrees (by mother nature having to do better)....The second part stating it (the 33 degrees) didn't feel like much (or if any) of an advantage....This clearly means he would prefer it colder....

one of us is being obtuse, I agree

you literally just said exactly what i've been saying lol

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

one of us is being obtuse, I agree

you literally just said exactly what i've been saying lol

No, just because I quote AR, doesn't mean I adhere to his way of thinking....Remember, he hasn't won an NFCCG since he won the SB....And now it's your turn to say, but he also hasn't been at Lambeau in any of them....

26 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

No, just because I quote AR, doesn't mean I adhere to his way of thinking....Remember, he hasn't won an NFCCG since he won the SB....And now it's your turn to say, but he also hasn't been at Lambeau in any of them....

i think i'll just bow out because I have no idea what's happening here anymore lol

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i think i'll just bow out because I have no idea what's happening here anymore lol

The word is obtuse....Adjective: 

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
"he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
synonyms:
stupid · dull · slow-witted · slow · dull-witted · unintelligent · witless · 

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The word is obtuse....Adjective: 

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
"he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
synonyms:
stupid · dull · slow-witted · slow · dull-witted · unintelligent · witless · 

at least you're aware of it lol

that's step 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

What with all the talk about the "advantage Packers" because of cold weather - when was the last game where it clearly played a part in the outcome?
Last I can think of is the NYG/GB playoff game of a few years back....what? Three years ago? When I seem to remember the NYG WRs dropping a few passes - which was attributed to the cold.

The Carolina game...last year?.....was bad weather/cold - but I seem to recall it being snow and field conditions that played a factor (moreso than the cold) in how the game on the field unfolded.

We've had a few "bad weather" days this year - more blustry wind than outright cold - and we didnt play all that well ourselves.

Seattle playoff game last season 

• Like 1

Thanks , good points folks. It is just conventional wisdom that bad weather favors teams that have good defenses and a good power run game, like the old Pac in the 60's. The packers run defense is better than last year but still somewhat suspect, This Friday's game with Tennessee should tell us a lot. 

20 minutes ago, SAM said:

Thanks , good points folks. It is just conventional wisdom that bad weather favors teams that have good defenses and a good power run game, like the old Pac in the 60's. The packers run defense is better than last year but still somewhat suspect, This Friday's game with Tennessee should tell us a lot

Of course you meant Sunday....