NFC Playoff Picture

incognito_man

I'm probably going to be way wrong about this, but I got a feeling the Saints are going to upset KC. KC hasn't lost in a while and have had some really close games that could have gone either way. If the Saints do win this KC game, its going to put a lot of pressure on GB to win out, got a feeling GB will get the 2 seed when its all said and done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, dwaye50327 said:

I'm probably going to be way wrong about this, but I got a feeling the Saints are going to upset KC. KC hasn't lost in a while and have had some really close games that could have gone either way. If the Saints do win this KC game, its going to put a lot of pressure on GB to win out, got a feeling GB will get the 2 seed when its all said and done.

Oh 

10 hours ago, SAM said:

I can see how not getting a week off and not having to travel is great, however this Packers offence would seen to be some what limited in cold weather games at Lambeau field. Any thoughts on that?  

My thought is that our offense will be less limited by the cold weather than any team we'd face. It is an absolute net advantage We have an incredible OL and running game and a great cold weather QB.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SAM said:

I can see how not getting a week off and not having to travel is great, however this Packers offence would seen to be some what limited in cold weather games at Lambeau field. Any thoughts on that?  

Depends on what's included in the cold weather....Will it be icy and/or windy as well?....Certain aspects will effect both teams equally and neutralize certain advantages...

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Depends on what's included in the cold weather....Will it be icy and/or windy as well?....Certain aspects will effect both teams equally and neutralize certain advantages...

It's also not uncommon for warm weather teams to acclimate by practicing in some conditions they will anticipate in the cold...If they can, they will train in facilities in northern areas prior to actually playing the game...

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

My thought is that our offense will be less limited by the cold weather than any team we'd face. It is an absolute best advantage. We have an incredible OL and running game and a great cold weather QB.

Aaron Rodgers was complaining after the Carolina game that mother nature was going to have to do better (colder) than 33 degrees....It didn't feel to him like it was much (if any) of an advantage...

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Aaron Rodgers was complaining after the Carolina game that mother nature was going to have to do better (colder) than 33 degrees....It didn't feel to him like it was much (if any) of an advantage...

This is contradictory. You're saying Aaron wanted it colder, and then concluding he doesn't feel the cold is an advantage.

What with all the talk about the "advantage Packers" because of cold weather - when was the last game where it clearly played a part in the outcome?
Last I can think of is the NYG/GB playoff game of a few years back....what? Three years ago? When I seem to remember the NYG WRs dropping a few passes - which was attributed to the cold.

The Carolina game...last year?.....was bad weather/cold - but I seem to recall it being snow and field conditions that played a factor (moreso than the cold) in how the game on the field unfolded.

We've had a few "bad weather" days this year - more blustry wind than outright cold - and we didnt play all that well ourselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's in response to unsupported claims to the contrary

No, no...understood and I'm not getting involved in that chatter.....but honestly just wondering. The blanket thought is that GB has a (fairly large?) advantage because of the cold. Okay.....not challenging it or asking anybody to prove it.....just wondering if we can think of the last game where it actually played out that way for us. An honest question.......

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

No, no...understood and I'm not getting involved in that chatter.....but honestly just wondering. The blanket thought is that GB has a (fairly large?) advantage because of the cold. Okay.....not challenging it or asking anybody to prove it.....just wondering if we can think of the last game where it actually played out that way for us. An honest question.......

I dunno how you can "prove" a particular advantage. The best evidence is our home record in December with Rodgers. Which is fantastic.

We've won our last 3 home playoff games as well.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno how you can "prove" a particular advantage. The best evidence is our home record in December with Rodgers. Which is fantastic.

We've won our last 3 home playoff games as well.

Rodger’s record in the cold is pretty stellar, as is Brady’s.  Not sure we have a weather advantage if Tampa comes to Lambeau but I still think we have the edge and would rather see the game played on the tundra than the beach.