Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) vs. Bears (6-7)

swede700

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Well, we get Hunter back next year, and Wonnum looks like he could be the next mid-round DE stud. I'd kill for a great DT though. 

Yeah, we don't rush our DEs. Jalyn Holmes is non-existent out there though and shouldn't be playing much.

6-8 looks pretty bad but we fought back from 1-5. This team deserves some credit. 

But no excuses next year.

11 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Well...who are we taking with our first pick? 

If we're smart? Kirk's replacement, should a worthy one be there. This game certainly isn't on Cousins. This season isn't. But we need a cheap rookie QB contract to lock up pieces that will come due over the next few years and to bring in Free Agents. With the likely dip in the salary cap, we just can't continue to pay Kirk as a Top 5 QB when he isn't. 

36 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If we're smart? Kirk's replacement, should a worthy one be there. This game certainly isn't on Cousins. This season isn't. But we need a cheap rookie QB contract to lock up pieces that will come due over the next few years and to bring in Free Agents. With the likely dip in the salary cap, we just can't continue to pay Kirk as a Top 5 QB when he isn't. 

That means trading up I think into the top 5. Even Trey Lance will go real high, with how many teams will need a QB next season.

Edited by SteelKing728

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

That means trading up I think into the top 5. Even Trey Lance will be go real high, with how many teams will need a QB next season.

Sam Darnold could be available. I still think he's capable of being a franchise guy, but New York is just a mess. 

I have yet to see any reason to believe that the salary cap is going to go down. 

The NFL hasn’t, and likely won’t cancel any game this year. They’ve had more games aired during prime time, and they’ll have two extra playoff games played this year. Not to mention, teams just aren’t operating like they’re expecting the cap to go down.

I’d be far more inclined to wager that the salary cap simply stays the same, than I would that it goes down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Sam Darnold could be available. I still think he's capable of being a franchise guy, but New York is just a mess. 

Yeah I would not mind Sam Darnold if they are willing to just get rid of him for cheap.  He could sit on the bench here for a year or two and maybe work himself into something.  But why would they do that, he is only one the Jets team for one more season 2021 and even when they draft Lawrence they still need a backup and Sam could be that guy for at least another year.  

I still stand by the fact Kirk Cousins has played great football this year behind an awful pass protecting offensive line.  He has done well and deserves to be the starter for the next two seasons.  If they get some starters back on D with the improvement the rookies have made maybe they could do some things next year.  

Over the past four games Kirk Cousins has been hit 46 times.  Most QBs would be on a stretcher after that, dude is tough I will give him that.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Drafting a QB doesn’t make this team better. 

For 2021, I would definitely agree.  If I'm Zygi Wilf, at this point I would just roll with Cousins and Zimmer next year and see what they can do with all of our defensive players back in place.  If we don't do better than one playoff win, I'd move on from both of them.  I do think we can make some noise next year though.  We'll see. 

• Like 1