2021 Offensive Coordinator Candidates

Trentwannabe

The Texans coaching staff is going to be fired into the sun this off-season, but... QB coach TJ Yates has done a phenomenal job on pushing Deshaun Watson to the next level in his development.

I don't think he's ready for an OC role, but I think he's one more year of working at a QB coach before getting that next OC job. He's a good OC in the making...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rich homie said:

Not sure what you mean. He's done more for three AFC South teams than anyone in league history has ever done for just one team.

I don't know of any other AFC South team essentially trading away arguably the best WR in the game for pickles and a RB.

Also, the AFC South division have been the worst in league for a very long time. Being the "best" is like being....well you fill in the blank.

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

The Texans coaching staff is going to be fired into the sun this off-season, but... QB coach TJ Yates has done a phenomenal job on pushing Deshaun Watson to the next level in his development.

I don't think he's ready for an OC role, but I think he's one more year of working at a QB coach before getting that next OC job. He's a good OC in the making...

TJ Yates. Damn. I honestly thought he'd be out of the NFL by now. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

TJ Yates. Damn. I honestly thought he'd be out of the NFL by now. 

He's exactly where he needs to be now - a coach. Good football IQ, but he lacked the physical skills.

I'd ultimately like to see him stay, but the entire coaching staff in Houston is about to be firebombed, so that's not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's exactly where he needs to be now - a coach. Good football IQ, but he lacked the physical skills.

I'd ultimately like to see him stay, but the entire coaching staff in Houston is about to be firebombed, so that's not going to happen.

Is it weird that he was the QB on the Texans that got closest to the Texans being in a SB? If I remember correctly the Texans have advanced to the divisional round 3 times, and in that 2011 game against the Ravens it wasn't a blowout, but Yates couldn't step up. I still remember Arian Foster standing by himself on the sidelines when the game was out of reach. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Is it weird that he was the QB on the Texans that got closest to the Texans being in a SB?  

I think that was the best Texans team in history - that defense was capable of carrying the load along with a healthy Arian Foster and Andre Johnson. It was the start of the JJ Watt show, Connor Barwin was exploiting the edge, Brian Cushing was producing exactly as you'd think an Overtrained Athlete would produce, Brooks Reed was a thing, Jonathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson were both playing at an incredible level...

I'll always put that game on Jacoby Jones, who muffed a punt he had no business returning. Jones won his only SB with the Ravens, so it lines up - he was a double agent.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I think that was the best Texans team in history - that defense was capable of carrying the load along with a healthy Arian Foster. It was the start of the JJ Watt show, Brian Cushing was producing exactly as you'd think an Overtrained Athlete would produce, Brooks Reed was a thing, Jonathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson were both playing at an incredible level...

I'll always put that game on Jacoby Jones, who muffed a punt he had no business returning. Jones won his only SB with the Ravens, so it lines up - he was a double agent.

I need to go back and watch that game again. It's been on my computer for years. I guess even if the Texans beat the Ravens, it's off to New England with Yates, and yeah...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I need to go back and watch that game again. It's been on my computer for years. I guess even if the Texans beat the Ravens, it's off to New England with Yates, and yeah...

Had Matt Schaub not got hurt, this team stands a chance... But it WAS Matt Schaub, so who knows.

11 hours ago, rich homie said:

Not sure what you mean. He's done more for three AFC South teams than anyone in league history has ever done for just one team.

Nobody deserves this level of disaster on their franchise... Not even my enemies.