3rd Round: Dallas Goedert TE, South Dakota State
4th Round: Marcus Davenport DE, UT-San Antonio 
4th Round (comp): Poona Ford DT, Texas 
5th Round (comp): David Bright OT, Stanford 
5th Round (comp): Bo Scarborough RB, Alabama 
6th Round: Auden Tate WR, Florida State
6th Round (comp): Kurt Benkert QB, Virginia 
7th Round: Arrion Springs CB, Oregon 

Big fan of this one. Would be an amazing haul. 

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Stephen Jones says DL is our biggest need. 

Well I guess, think about it from their point of view. If your name was attached to each roster move, you would be REALLY bias towards each players abilities. Therefore patient with progression.  They just drafted a squadron of DBs that they will no doubt see through. Sean Lee is DPoY worthy, and Jaylon Smith is the next coming. Baring coaching change, the top 4 WRs are locked in, as mentioned in other threads. Dak is the future and we have #4 overall at RB. That leaves TE and DL. They probably like Witten as long as Witten likes Witten. 

On DL, our best two, both David Irving and DLaw are free agents to some extent, and would need tendering or a completely new contract before being counted on next year's team. Obviously that means ambiguity. Collins has shown to be a decent 3 tech though not dominant like Irving, and has proven to really struggle at 1 tech(being replaced by Ash). So you have an "above average" 3 tech in Collins and last year's 1st round pick Taco Charlton who they are probably still high on. Thats the guaranteed future of our DL.  I'm guessing they realize that Crawford isn't a long term answer at RDE, and Gregory is irrelevant. Richard Ash isn't a long term answer. Who knows who DLaw plays for next year. Irving will be retained but has yet to put a full season together. And if we put a 1st round tender on him, and some team steps up(unlikely), I think we take it.

Our DL could go from strength to weakness fast. It's easy to see how DL would be tops. Now if we spend our FA resources on DLaw then tender Irving, we might be better off. But we would still need a 1 tech. Which is probably why he starts by saying "it's a little early to tell, but..."

Would just like to point out that I am nearly sold on Collins being our future at RT that was a phenomenal game he had against Mack. I know Mack won some matches. But he's also one of the premier pass rushers. Honestly I'm thinking and I doubt it happens but if someone like Nelson is sitting at our 2nd rounder. I would jump on that pick. This line would truly have no limits if that was the case. 

57 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Would just like to point out that I am nearly sold on Collins being our future at RT that was a phenomenal game he had against Mack. I know Mack won some matches. But he's also one of the premier pass rushers. Honestly I'm thinking and I doubt it happens but if someone like Nelson is sitting at our 2nd rounder. I would jump on that pick. This line would truly have no limits if that was the case. 

he has made good progress from what I have seen this season.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Adding Nelson at LG would be nasty.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Nelson should be a top 15 pick. If he's there with our first, let alone second, I'm grabbing him.

If Nelson is there with our pick and we select him, it better be because he's BPA. With Dallas finishing 8-8 or higher that means we'll have a high teens pick. I can't see Minkah, Roquan or Derwin being there when we select. 

18 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

If Nelson is there with our pick and we select him, it better be because he's BPA. With Dallas finishing 8-8 or higher that means we'll have a high teens pick. I can't see Minkah, Roquan or Derwin being there when we select. 

Nelson is a top 5 talent in this draft. Zack Martin good, IMO

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Spent about an hour today watching YouTube videos of Vita Vea, this kid could reek some serious havoc with Irving and DLaw paired up with him on our DLine. I’m all about that 1-Tech in the first round for 17-20 pick range. 

Why is everyone talking about a 1-tech. I thought Collins and Irving fit the bill perfectly on the inside? We could use a run stuffer sure. But that can be had in the later rounds.

Archived