2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

If the Cowboys take a fatty in the 1st, I think it would have to be based around the idea of trying to protect Sean Lee and prolong his career, much like how we broke the OL-less streak to protect/preserve Romo.

I wouldn't bet on it, but hypothetically, that could be the rationale.

Only way they take a one tech is if somehow one lights up a SPARQ or something. Like a Poe type prospect. 

Even then, the year Poe came out we traded ahead of him and got Mo Clai. This team loves them some DBs.

SJ did say Defensive line was "probably" going to be the top draft priority. When asked what would be tops. Which leaves the door open, but if we go DT I bet it's a 300 pound gap shooter that can maybe replace Irving if he flops next year/misses time.

Lastly, I see them drafting a pass rusher before DT. When Tyrone Crawford is your blind side edge, it causes concern, exacerbated by Lawrence being a FA. I could see Arden Key, Edmunds, Davenport, and maybe even a guy like Landry or Ejifor all being high on the list.

18 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
136 Wide Receivers have run 4.45 or faster at the last 10 scouting combines. 116 have been drafted. The Dallas Cowboys are the only team in the NFL not to select one of the 116 receivers drafted.

Not a great philosophy.

Speed ? who needs speed?

WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS......

Well, Dez didn't go to the combine, and was going to get drafted high based on other things anyway. TWill was drafted because he led the nation in receiving yards with over 1,800 his senior year. Along with 12 TDs, not his forty. Beasely wasn't drafted. And Switzers forty is 5 hundredths of a second slower than the mark mentioned. But was probably drafted for his short area quickness(11th out of everyone in 3 cone, and the #1 fastest short shuttle). There is more to speed than 40 times. I don't think the NFL players chasing Switzer last year thought he was slow. 

I'll chalk it up to coincidence. If a speed guy fell, I don't think Dallas writes him off because of that. 

I'd also like to know how many of these 116 guys are actually good. Here's the top 10 or so from last year:

Ross, John Washington 4.22
Samuel, Curtis Ohio St 4.31
Malone, Josh Tennessee 4.40
Cannon, K D Baylor 4.41
Adeboyejo, Quincy Mississippi 4.42
Godwin, Chris Penn St 4.42
McKenzie, Isaiah Georgia 4.42
Rector, Michael Stanford 4.42
Adams, Rodney South Florida 4.44
Davis, Robert Georgia St 4.44
Whitfield, Kermit Florida St 4.44

I mean, who the hell are these guys? Would Rodney Adams from South Florida be an upgrade over Dez? Or Twill? Or anyone? Because I just checked and he is a free agent despite being drafted. Guess who had more yards last year, John Ross or Noah Brown?

19 hours ago, matt79511 said:

If the Cowboys take a fatty in the 1st, I think it would have to be based around the idea of trying to protect Sean Lee and prolong his career, much like how we broke the OL-less streak to protect/preserve Romo.

I wouldn't bet on it, but hypothetically, that could be the rationale.

Yea I think the only fatty we take if we do is Nelson if he drops. 

On 1/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, JWingate said:

There is a TE everyone needs to watch that might like and could fit Dallas very well. Tony Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin. He is used in their pro-style offense much like Dallas likes to use their TEs.

Troy Fumagalli would be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round. Dude has been a victim of horrible QB play his entire career at Wisconsin. I'd crap my pants if we could get him in the mid rounds.

19: R1P19
EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
UTSA
50: R2P18
 ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
81: R3P17
 TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
118: R4P16
 WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
138: R4P36
 DL KENDRICK NORTON
MIAMI
139: R4P37
 LB SKAI MOORE JR.
SOUTH CAROLINA
174: R5P35
 OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
176: R5P37
 EDGE ANDREW BROWN
VIRGINIA
196: R6P19
 JESSIE BATES
WAKE FOREST
236: R7P18
 QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
TOLEDO

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

19: R1P19
EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
UTSA
50: R2P18
 ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
81: R3P17
 TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
118: R4P16
 WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
138: R4P36
 DL KENDRICK NORTON
MIAMI
139: R4P37
 LB SKAI MOORE JR.
SOUTH CAROLINA
174: R5P35
 OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
176: R5P37
 EDGE ANDREW BROWN
VIRGINIA
196: R6P19
 JESSIE BATES
WAKE FOREST
236: R7P18
 QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
TOLEDO

I would be very happy with this haul. Nice work!

Archived