2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

*Sign Earl Thomas*

Latest Mock:

• Round 1: TRADE - Saints (they trade up for the last QB, we get a 1st, 3rd, and Future 3rd)
  • Round 1 (Saints): Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
  • Round 2 (Colts): TRADE - (2 3rds  and a 4th for the Colts 2nd) Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia 
  • Round 2: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State
  • Round 3: Used to Trade up with Colts
  • Round 3 (Saints): Used to trade up with Colts
  • Round 4: Used to trade up with Colts
  • Round 4 (comp): Duke Dawson, CB, Florida 
  • Round 4 (comp): Hercules Mataafa, Edge, Washington State
  • Round 5:  Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi 
  • Round 5 (comp):Shaquem Griffin OLB, Central Florida 
  • Round 6: Jake Campos, OT, Iowa State
  • Round 7: Matt Linehan, QB, Idaho (yes, Scott's son) (lol)

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

*Sign Earl Thomas*

Latest Mock:

• Round 1: TRADE - Saints (they trade up for the last QB, we get a 1st, 3rd, and Future 3rd)
  • Round 2 (Colts): TRADE - (2 3rds  and a 4th for the Colts 2nd) Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia 

Taven Bryan is the most frustrating player I have ever watched. He gets off the ball like Dom Easley, he bends and has the athletic ability of a 250 lb defensive end. I have 2 issues with the player his awareness and his motor. He struggles to find the ball and he also doesn't bust his *** to get the ball carrier. He has such great speed when rushing, but once he has the chase a player he starts jogging. He has so much talent he kind of reminds me of Albert Haynesworth for that reason.

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

*Sign Earl Thomas*

Latest Mock:

Not a fan of that draft at all.

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Interesting. Why is that? There is a heavy investment on the ol and dl. 

The last pick is obviously a kick in the nuts but don't be surprised when it happens lol 

Wynn is a solid pick, but Bryan’s inconsistency makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

In all honesty, the only pick that I like other than Wynn is Mata’Afa. I just feel like that draft is weak and not your best work.

52 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Wynn is a solid pick, but Bryan’s inconsistency makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

In all honesty, the only pick that I like other than Wynn is Mata’Afa. I just feel like that draft is weak and not your best work.

Fascinating.

Bryan's criticism is completely valid. He has the tools - lacks the consistency I feel (hope?) coaching could fix.

Wilson isn't my favorite WR - but given this teams love of players from that school, it seemed like a logical fit.

If we move Jones to CB (which I favor) and we sign Thomas, I doubt we draft a CB. That was more so because I like Duke and fandom.

Ito seems like a great scheme fit. In other drafts it is likely he goes higher. There will be serious talent at RB on day three. I just want a guy.

Griffin is a feel good story who I think can do well on Special teams. The other two are camp bodies.

Remember when I said to brace yourself for James Washington going first round? Well, you should brace yourself for Washington going first round. Apparently he is doing well outside the Gundy system at the senior bowl:

"James Washington continues to be one of the best players out on the field from both teams. He’s been uncoverable so far. He shows incredible burst off the line and smoothness out of his breaks. His route running is far superior to anyone else here, and his speed and hands kill DBs on deep routes. This guy should be a first round lock after this week."

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/24/16930070/senior-bowl-day-3-recap 

And he has posted the fastest speed in practice:

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma-state/james-washington-claims-spot-fastest-player-senior-bowl

^Idk how to post tweets but there are some good ones in there.

Lots of buzzzz

https://section215.com/2018/01/25/philadelphia-eagles-james-washington-senior-bowl-player-watch/

https://nflmocks.com/2018/01/23/2018-senior-bowl-james-washington-dazzles-day-one/

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/1/24/16926598/oklahoma-states-james-washington-impresses-in-first-day-of-senior-bowl-practices-james-washington-has-scouts-media-buzzing-at-senior-bowl/article/5580915

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osusportsextra/osu-s-james-washington-has-been-uncoverable-in-senior-bowl/article_8a9d2ca7-d657-5f14-8257-a5db1ada9102.html

I don't know man. He won't go above Ridley. There are at least 2 RBs that go round 1. At least 1 OG. Probably 3 OTs. Probably 3 DTs. 5 maybe 6 QBs.

That's 20 slots not counting CBs, S, LBers, TEs.

There is a lot of talent. So I don't know just how many WR's will go in round 1.

It's a bold claim I suppose but I'll stick with it. I think he is the 2nd receiver off the board on draft day. I think he goes before Sutton, and I think he is a better version of Kirk. And teams love potential weapons. I mean, Corey Davis went 5th overall last year. John Ross and Mike Williams both went top 10.

I also don't believe all the QBs are going to stay first rounders. Allen is having a below average senior bowl, and if a few of them slip past a certain point in the order then they will fall all the way, as the better teams will want non QBs. Also some of the QB obvious teams will address the position In Free Agency.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It's a bold claim I suppose but I'll stick with it. I think he is the 2nd receiver off the board on draft day. I think he goes before Sutton, and I think he is a better version of Kirk. And teams love potential weapons. I mean, Corey Davis went 5th overall last year. John Ross and Mike Williams both went top 10.

I also don't believe all the QBs are going to stay first rounders. Allen is having a below average senior bowl, and if a few of them slip past a certain point in the order then they will fall all the way, as the better teams will want non QBs. Also some of the QB obvious teams will address the position In Free Agency.

Would you take him at 19?

33 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Would you take him at 19?

Would I? I don't think so. But I'm one to believe that our WRs are fine. I realize I'm in the minority, but Dez Bryant, TWill, Beasley, and 4th rounder from last year Switzer(who did very well in the slot week 17) is a better WR corp than a lot of NFL teams. I think Dez could have been better but I don't think lack of talent at the WR position was the problem. I also hate the idea of looking for "Dak friendly" WRs. I mean, when did you hear about Peyton Manning friendly WRs or Philip Rivers friendly or Drew Brees friendly? You never did, because they consistently work well with whoever they have. 

Now if the question was do I think Dallas would take him at 19 then the answer is yes. Whether it's about money or not It's clear that they aren't blaming Linehan or Dak for the passing game struggles, by calling out Dez in public and already interviewing draft eligible WRs(like Washington).  

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Washington was picked 19. If Dallas wants a WR and Ridley's off the board, I think they go Washington(and that goes for any team). I don't think I would be happy about it though, because until we alter our offensive scheme or get a new QB then another WR won't make a difference imo.

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't know man. He won't go above Ridley. There are at least 2 RBs that go round 1. At least 1 OG. Probably 3 OTs. Probably 3 DTs. 5 maybe 6 QBs.

That's 20 slots not counting CBs, S, LBers, TEs.

There is a lot of talent. So I don't know just how many WR's will go in round 1.

I could see a run on WRs at the beginning of the 2nd round. Washington, Kirk, Miller, Sutton, Gallup, Scott, Moore could all go late first-early 2nd.

Archived