2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

Guys it doesn't matter if you work for or with the NFL or if you use to be a NCAA coach. We aren't dealing with the governing laws of the multiverse. It's a game that's designed for Bruno to run into Bruno. That's why the 1st round is damn near played out before it happens. Because every guy with a miller and a beer belly can see Saquan Barkley is big, agile, fast, and powerful, with good vision. I don't need a former NCAA coaching job or a special camera angle to see that Sutton is going to be an absolute pain to deal with when the ball is in the air, or notice that Vita Vea is going to cause trouble with his motor and size\speed combo. No, it isn't an exact science and prospects flame out, but that's because we are placing inert final grades on ever changing humans. It will never be perfect. But that doesn't mean it's to difficult to evaluate without being a former coach or having exclusive access. 

Both of you have experience, current and previous, that can contribute to this place. No need to argue. Did you know that not everyone inside NFL war rooms agree about each prospect? Does that mean one of the NFL scouts is a nincompoop? Or is it possible to draw two different educated conclusions about the same player?

And either way this forum doesn't really need "expert" help. Most years we either know the pick or have it narrowed down. Hell, when we are surprised (like Taco over TJ Watt, or Byron Jones over M. Brown) it's usually not good for the team.

I didn't say what I said as any sort of criticism. I said it as a response to the endless patronizing from D94W on all things football, since that appears to be the only language he understands.

That wasn't directed at anyone other than that poster.

I didn't feel you were being condescending. Just more less spraying the water hose at you two. It shouldn't matter where you get your tape if you think Davenport is good, and it shouldn't be a shocker that people are going to question fundamentals on a guy from UTSA. There just has to be a better way to discuss it. But enough from me. Carry on.

21 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Sooo a workout warrior whos training for the numbers?

While many years ago @Dirk Gently predicted Chris Johnson "CJ2K" based on combine numbers, persuaded me to think higher of him and got me to restudy his game film to see if it translated (it did), I really have a deep rooted dislike for numberhawks and combine trainers. I want football players. Run a 4.8 or 5.0 as a receiver, i dont care if its slow if you can run a route, track a ball well, catch the ball often, and separate from a defender. Theres more guys who run 4.3 to 4.6 who cant separate on the field and amount to nothing, than there are 4.6+ guys who are too slow for the NFL.

This is dumb. There is a reason why there are draftable mins.... even your lord Parcells had them. Players that dont meet certain athletic mins have almost no chance to win in the NFL. Boldin is an exception to the rule. 

On 1/20/2018 at 12:04 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Theres more guys who run 4.3 to 4.6 who cant separate on the field and amount to nothing, than there are 4.6+ guys who are too slow for the NFL.

I'd be interested to see the actual numbers to back this up.

*Sign Earl Thomas*

Latest Mock:

• Round 1:  Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State (Day 1 Starter)
  • Round 2: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (Day 1 Starter)
  • Round 3: Tim Settle, NT, Virginia Tech (Day 1 Starter)
  • Round 4: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (Back-up)
  • Round 4 (comp): Duke Dawson, CB, Florida (Back-up)
  • Round 4 (comp): Hercules Mataafa, Edge, Washington State (Rotational Player)
  • Round 5:  Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi (Rotational Player / Special Teamer)
  • Round 5 (comp): Shaquem Griffin OLB, Central Florida (Special Teamer)
  • Round 6: Jake Campos, OT, Iowa State (Back-up)
  • Round 7: Matt Linehan, QB, Idaho (yes, Scott's son) (lol)

I watched more film on Maurice Hurst. I think the kid can be a stud. He can play both the 3 and the 1 (if his body will allow him at the next level) He is fairly raw with his hand and pass rush moves, but when taught he will just be much more dangerous. He has unreal strength for his size constantly bull rushing blockers, he also sheds blockers to get the runners very well.  I want his eyes to improve as he can get caught up on misdirection fairly easily. Overall he is a player I would take in the first round and expect him to be a pro bowl player for many years. I saw glimpses of Aaron Donald in his play as he has a very quick first step.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:59 AM, BobbyBelt said:

I watched South Florida Defensive Tackle Deadrin Senat last night. Love his film. Should be available in the 2nd, or potentially even the 3rd round. Tore things up at the Shrine Game practices by all accounts.

Senat in the 2nd or 3rd is a better use of resources than Payne, Hurst, or Vea in the first round, IMO.

Here's a cut-up I made of his game against Houston:

The only issue I have is that I think Collins is a 1-tech and not a 3. Don't get me wrong he can play the 3, but he is better suited to play the 1. 

Archived