2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

37 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How would everyone feel if after the first two days this was Dallas Draft:

1. W. Hernandez, LG

2. H. Phillips, NT

3. S. Griffin, SLB

Id like it, honestly, quite a bit even...but... unlikely

I dont see the head honchos passing on what else should be available to select another first round player on the OL (though again id be totally happy to do so if its one of the best options on the board)

I Doubt even more that this team goes out and selects a nose player with a top 50 pick. 

And with how Griffin has shown he will fight to succeed, and wont let that missing hand hold him back from his god given talent at this sport, someone is taking him in round 2...early round 2 no less. Like within the top 40-45 selections. Maybe even this team.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Griffin is a great story and impossible not to toot for, that said  I would most certainly have an issue using a premium pick on him. 

And we all thoufht this of Jaylon too..and here we are, almost starting this kid's third season, and we still have no clue if he will ever look like half the player he was.

We love those risky types in round two. Watch for Dallas to consider Griffin in that second round... 

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

How is Gesicki as a blocker? 

Decent. Not a liability but sure as hell not Witten either. But as far as I am concerned I don't care because he would make one hell of a cushion for Dak and a terrific redzone target.

4 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

We love those risky types in round two. Watch for Dallas to consider Griffin in that second round... 

Yep. Hurst at 50 and a trade up for Griffin. Would be most Dallas thing to do. Probably throw RB Bo Scarbrough somewhere in the mix too. 

On 1/2/2018 at 12:48 PM, DaBoys said:
19: R1P19

WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
51: R2P19

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
83: R3P19

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
121: R4P19

EDGE JOSH SWEAT
FLORIDA STATE
136: R4P34

CB JORDAN THOMAS
OKLAHOMA
139: R4P37

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
174: R5P35

LB SKAI MOORE
SOUTH CAROLINA
176: R5P37

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
197: R6P19

G SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
UCLA
238: R7P19

EDGE AUSTIN BRYANT
CLEMSON

Posted this mock in January. I've had an eye on Josh Sweat for awhile but I don't think he falls this far now. :(

Just now, DaBoys said:

Posted this mock in January. I've had an eye on Josh Sweat for awhile but I don't think he falls this far now. :(

Good. I dont think he plays that fast to begin with. His tape is actually underwhelming for me.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Good. I dont think he plays that fast to begin with. His tape is actually underwhelming for me.

Totally understand. I had him in our 4th. Something doesn't add up. Of all the DEs outside Davenport, he's the one that looks the most like the prototype edge freak. Now I am literally talking about the way he looks. His height/weight/length. Apparently it doesn't always come together on the field and that's frustrating, but his production ratio surpasses the benchmark at 1.24. That is, 43.5 TFLs and Sacks in 35 college games. Anyone with a ratio over 1 usually doesn't have a production red flag attached to them.  

He is every bit worth a what Tapper was.

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Totally understand. I had him in our 4th. Something doesn't add up. Of all the DEs outside Davenport, he's the one that looks the most like the prototype edge freak. Now I am literally talking about the way he looks. His height/weight/length. Apparently it doesn't always come together on the field and that's frustrating, but his production ratio surpasses the benchmark at 1.24. That is, 43.5 TFLs and Sacks in 35 college games. Anyone with a ratio over 1 usually doesn't have a production red flag attached to them.  

He is every bit worth a what Tapper was.

Yeah, physically, Sweat looks like a slightly smaller Clowney. But he never really lived up to his high school hype. Which isn't necessarily fair, considering people compared him to Clowney out of high school too. It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I wouldn't be surprised if a team early in the 2nd took a chance on his athletic gifts.

• Round 1.19: Will Hernandez, G, Texas El Paso
  • Round 2.50: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
  • Round 3: Michael Gallup WR, Colorado State
  • Round 4: Jack Cichy, LB, Wisconsin
  • Round 4 (comp): Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina 
  • Round 5 (comp): Jaylen Samuels, FB/HB, NC State
  • Round 5 (comp): Kylie Fitts, DE, Utah
  • Round 6: Brett Toth, OT, Army
  • Round 6 (comp): Poona Ford, DT, Texas
  • Round 7: Kameron Kelly, DB, San Diego St.

Archived