2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, agarcia34 said:

He obviously took a discount but he was the best pass rusher available and his contract should set the market for the lesser players such as Yannick and Dupree. Well see 

Yeah.  If Dupree stays with the Steelers he's taking a discount as well IMO.  Steelers don't have much cap space from what I can recall (looked it up at 5M according to one site).  Again though, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not going to do the research to find out.  I'll take your word for it.  We'll see what happens.  I expected like 30 huge signings already lol.  I hate that people actually have to think and talk to make things happen. 

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

But none had a 19.5 sacks season on their resume.

Top tier pass rushers almost never hit the market and guys that do almost always get overpaid. We've seen it the last two years in free agency. 

Robert Quinn: 5 yr/$70M 

Jason Pierre-Paul: 2 yr/$27M

Mario Addison: 3 yr/$30M 

Dante Fowler: 3 yr/$48M

Trey Flowers: 5 yr/$90M

Preston Smith: 4 yr/$52M

Za'Darius Smith: 4 yr/$66M

Shaq Lawson: 3 yr/$30M

Kyle Van Noy: 4 yr/$51M 

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

But none had a 19.5 sacks season on their resume.

Za'Darius Smith's career high was 8.5 sacks and he got $16M APY. Trey Flowers career high was 7 sacks and he got $18M APY. Dante Fowler who had 1 10+ sack season got $16M APY. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Za'Darius Smith's career high was 8.5 sacks and he got $16M APY. Trey Flowers career high was 7 sacks and he got $18M APY. Dante Fowler who had 1 10+ sack season got $16M APY. 

That's what i'm saying. If Barrett goes to FA in a normal year he breaks the bank over 20M.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1