2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

But even then right that’s a misunderstanding of defensive versus offense of coaching when it comes to offense of coaching that’s true but when it comes to defense, coaching every defensive coordinator has a scheme and players that fit said schemes. Now there are rare players usually defense of line players that can fit in any scheme(Mack lfor example). 

Safety is one of those positions where what someone does in one scheme can be completely different than what someone does another scheme. Someone that’s garbage and one scheme can be amazing in another scheme. For example chancellor is an amazing box safety but if you put him as a split deep safety he would be horrible. 

there are players that are great at covering tight ends or covering players in the slot but if they were asked to play single high safety where they have to read a quarterback and have the range to run from one side line to the other they would get exposed. 

And we keep cycling through HCs, OCs, DCs, and STCs, their precious schemes you feel the need to cite in every single post, and the players that supposedly fit them only to fail miserably virtually every time. 

Our most highly regarded coach right now is Tom mfkin Cable for Christ's sake. Think about that. 

Make up all of the excuses about scheme and fit (neither of which have worked out for us for 2 decades). 

I'll stick to "We need a good coach first."

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Ramsey on Gus Bradley: 

LOL yeah everybody knows that. It’s not about playcalling for what Gus Bradley or any of the Seattle peoples defense it’s about having the right players that fit that specific scheme which is why it matters that you get a single high safety rather than getting somebody that was good at something else(John Johnson) and just putting them back there And saying he hasn’t proven he can’t play there so he should be able to play there. 

then saying it’s all Gruden/Mayock’s fault they don’t know how to sign people When it doesn’t work out LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And we keep cycling through HCs, OCs, DCs, and STCs, their precious schemes you feel the need to cite in every single post, and the players that supposedly fit them only to fail miserably virtually every time. 

Our most highly regarded coach right now is Tom mfkin Cable for Christ's sake. Think about that. 

Make up all of the excuses about scheme and fit (neither of which have worked out for us for 2 decades). 

I'll stick to "We need a good coach first."

LOL this is actually what I mean by I understand where the frustration comes from but that’s an emotional concept that’s not a logical one.

for one regardless of what the Raiders of been doing for two decades Gruden and Mayock Have only been leading the team for three years. So we have to go off of the leader ship we have now and what they have specifically been doing you can’t cite two decades. Start at 2018 lol

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bradley's defense was great when he had a top 5 FS in NFL history. It was horrible in Jacksonville and got progressively worse every year he was in LA.

Yeah I didn’t LOVE the signing of Bradley.  I wanted Aaron Glenn and thought Bradley could every well be what I call a “rethread coordinator”.  But when we signed him everyone was happy.  Doesn’t matter... he’s here and ain’t going anywhere for 2+ Years.

So again.... If you want to give Bradley a fair chance of being successful you have to let him bringing in a Single High FS and LEO onto the roster so that he can run his scheme.  Johnson isn’t this amazing talent.  He’s very good but not amazing.  And to be honest he would probably be at most 85% of what he is playing a position/scheme that isn’t ideal to him.  You can’t bring GB in and make him compromise his scheme over solid but unspectacular talent just so the position can be filled quickly for the fans peace of mind.  As alarmist as I am, even I will let the chips fall.  I believe you gotta give Bradley who ever he wants At FS and LEO and then judge him.  But without a FS whose skills fit his scheme idk how you can expect GB to adjust the framework of his defense.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

which is why it matters that you get a single high safety rather than getting somebody that was good at something else(John Johnson) and just putting them back there And saying he hasn’t proven he can’t play there so he should be able to play there. 

then saying it’s all Gruden/Mayock’s fault they don’t know how to sign people When it doesn’t work out LOL

👏👏👏

Edited by jimkelly02

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My favorite saying "scheme fit" as it has explained why we've passed on good players for average/mediocre ones during Gruden's tenure. 

how many Rams defenders do you want to pay and play out of position?

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully Dallin Leavitt can live up to the Eric Weddle 2.0 comparison he got from Carr.

If Leavitt is on the roster this year I’m going to Run his *** with my car over as he comes out of the facility .... over my dead or re-incarcerated  butt does that guy make this years 53

29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Collins signs with the Texans so he wont be back

concerning if im a Texans fan. Imagine watching Collins last year and being like yea, i need that guy on my roster, day 1. 

would have made me feel better about signing Penn to be honest lmao 

Edited by Geezy

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I didn’t LOVE the signing of Bradley.  I wanted Aaron Glenn and thought Bradley could every well be what I call a “rethread coordinator”.  But when we signed him everyone was happy.  Doesn’t matter... he’s here and ain’t going anywhere for 2+ Years.

My issue with Bradley as a DC is how much of it was really him? It's like coaches that leave New England, they rarely have success elsewhere. Bradley left Seattle and their defense didn't miss a beat with Dann Quinn or Kris Richard as their defensive coordinator.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rayshawn Jenkins, Malik Hooker, or Tre Boston soon please. 

I totally understand the anxiety of filling the FS position.... but give it some time.... maybe we draft Moehrig or Grant too.  Every year we make splash signings on the 1st day and it does to pure ****e I’d rather we target a few scheme fit players and make good smart moves

• Like 1