2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My issue with Bradley as a DC is how much of it was really him? It's like coaches that leave New England, they rarely have success elsewhere. Bradley left Seattle and their defense didn't miss a beat with Dann Quinn or Kris Richard as their defensive coordinator.

Yeah .... that was 1/2 of the reason why I didn’t want him.  The other park was the zone coverage and fact he isn’t innovative with blitzes.

but he’s here snd ain’t going no where so let’s let him fill out the key positions for his defense with players who fit his scheme before we blame him for failing 

Even a master painter is only as good as his canvas, brushes, and paint. 

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I totally understand the anxiety of filling the FS position.... but give it some time.... maybe we draft Moehrig or Grant too.  Every year we make splash signings on the 1st day and it does to pure ****e I’d rather we target a few scheme fit players and make good smart moves

FS is arguably the most important position in Bradley's scheme. We already know Abram can't cover and trusting a rookie to run single high, I don't know sir. Mayock should probably put in his application to get his job at NFL Network back.

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah. I literally almost crashed my car in anger when I read it then breathed real fast and was like “ouuusa ouussa .... maybe he’s retiring a Raider... I think he’s from the Bay Area!” And calmed down a bit lol.

you almost crashed because you were reading, not anger lmao 

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah .... that was 1/2 of the reason why I didn’t want him.  The other park was the zone coverage and fact he isn’t innovative with blitzes.

Yeah that Chargers blitzed less than any team in the league last season and the only DL we have on the roster right now combined for 11.5 sacks...

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has the best agent in the NFL. Signed a 1 yr/$5M prove it deal, had 0 sacks, 0 pressures, and was the worst graded DT in the NFL according to PFF. And this offseason he gets a 1 yr/$6M deal. 

he proved that he was trash. Texans were like, gotta have em 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2021/01/20/an-analytical-look-into-the-chargers-hiring-brandon-staley/

An analytical look at why Brandon Staley's multiple look defense was so effective with Johnson and why Bradley's defense wasn't very good using almost exclusively cover 3.

Staleys defense was effective because he has the GOAT setting the tone, and a top 3 CB locking everyone up 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FS is arguably the most important position in Bradley's scheme. We already know Abram can't cover and trusting a rookie to run single high, I don't know sir. Mayock should probably put in his application to get his job at NFL Network back.

Then sign Hooker, Boston, Jenkins.... the point I remain is the same though. Moehrig is a very good prospect though but of course you’d pair him with a veteran.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Texans gonna Texan

I’m dying of laughter on that one 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s the most important defensive back position and Gus Bradley‘s game but it’s not the most important thing the most important thing that has been the common denominator every time the Seattle scheme has ever worked is the pass rush(Whether it was Seattle Atlanta and San Francisco) I want to pass rush is right you can take whatever team they’re playing on to the Super Bowl.

But you are right about that single high safety is important which is why you can’t just put anyone back there