2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah that Chargers blitzed less than any team in the league last season and the only DL we have on the roster right now combined for 11.5 sacks...

Yeah exactly why I didn’t love GB becoming DC.... but he will be DC for at least 2 years so we better give him players he can run his scheme with snd pray it works 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FS is arguably the most important position in Bradley's scheme. We already know Abram can't cover and trusting a rookie to run single high, I don't know sir. Mayock should probably put in his application to get his job at NFL Network back.

Trust me I really hope we get some good players soon....I don’t take Joy in being anxious and seeing all the good talent sign elsewhere.  But we’ve done the “good talent but doesn’t fit scheme” thing before and it failed and we’ve done the “we won day 1 of FA” thing before and it alwayyyyys ends up being a bust in the end.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm sure Joe Thuney is a great player but 16M for a G seems crazy.

Let the KC Chiefs spend top dollar for OGs.  I hope they sign another one at 16M for 5 years and just completely ignore the OT position.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maybe we should try to run a scheme like they do instead? I mean they weren't just 1st in yards allowed and points allowed last season...

ill be down for that as soon as we sign Aaron Donald. 

If we wanted to run their scheme we couldve signed Staley. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL this is actually what I mean by I understand where the frustration comes from but that’s an emotional concept that’s not a logical one.

for one regardless of what the Raiders of been doing for two decades Gruden and Mayock Have only been leading the team for three years. So we have to go off of the leader ship we have now and what they have specifically been doing you can’t cite two decades. Start at 2018 lol

Ok, since 2018 we have:

Allowed Guenther to keep his job despite diminishing returns.

Signed guys like Collins and Nassib to bloated contracts or pretended they were high profile guys who "fit the scheme", despite being mediocre players (and sorry, bud, but if the only players you can find to fit the scheme are mediocre players, you have a mediocre scheme and mediocre coaches. If you keep installing schemes requiring you to target mediocre players, you're not being logical, you're being stubborn). 

Drafted exceptionally poorly. 

Made a series of horrible trades. 

The list of issues from 2018-present is extensive. We've gotten worse and lost direction.

And what makes it worse- we KNEW (or should have known) how a Gruden run team would go. The history was there. Davis and apologists are either running on pure nostalgia or are denying the history that exists. That is illogical, no matter how much it gets spun. A logical person wouldn't have signed Gruden to the contract Davis did. Firing JDR wasn't logical. Pretending that Gruden is suddenly going to learn how to effectively scout players in FA and the Draft (things he's almost always been very poor at) just because we hired another retread DC with a different scheme isn't logical, it's a pipe dream. 

Why even bother trying to defend the last 3 years? It's borderline insanity that the team hasn't gone into mutiny given Gruden''s objective lack of balls in playcalling. When Gruden came in, the running joke was that we would target a bunch of geriatrics and overpriced replacement level talent. And ya know what? That's exactly what he's done. At some point, pretending Gruden is magically going to do anything of note here is no longer being logical, it's showing signs of insanity.