Week 15: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Team Football

naptownskinsfan

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Does he scare anyone?  Does he have anything that makes a DC say, "we've got to stop this guy?"  Look, 11 guys start on offense, and teams usually have 8-10 guys who can catch passes suiting up in a game.  Someone has to get the yards.  Just because Thomas has 500 yards, doesn't make him a very good or great player.  He's an adequate guy, and I'd love to have a possession guy as my #2 TE.  But that's my point, he's miscast here and being asked to do more.  We have a guy who should be #2 starting, and we likely don't have anyone who suits up on any other team behind him.  

He has taken over a game or two

• Like 1

Just now, Vladimir L said:

This team has a superbowl defense we need a win now qb because we arent keeping these guys for long 

to develope a qb its 3 years

That’s so short sided and not how you build a team that can be a consistent winner for a decade. Our best defenders are all under 27, we have a window to build up the offensive playmakers, QB & LB corps in the next two seasons and then be a team that could be a contender for a decade, not just for a year or two like the Bucs & Colts after they signed Brady & Rivers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want nothing to do with signing or trading for another 30 plus year old QB. We need to draft someone and get this, actually be patient in their development! Most young QBs don’t step on the field w/in their first 16 games and light it up unless their a running QB in a zone read. 

We need to either draft a Qb - my preference - or trade for Sam Darnold and develop him.

You have seen firsthand today that there are people in our fanbase who want nothing to do with developing a QB either.  I can't effectively answer that, because if you aren't going to be patient developing one, you won't be patient trading or signing for one, because no top tier QB really becomes available.  They are all grown and then re-signed by their team.  You get game-managers like Cousins and Alex Smith who might move, and then a guy like Dakota who needs a strong supporting cast.  

If we aren't willing to be patient, then we have to settle for mediocrity.  And it's clear that some fans are OK with that.  I'm not one of them.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m going to be extremely pissed if Rivera does nothing in free agency. You have a shot to win it all with a defense like this. You have a small window to keep it together. You have to go after this next season. 

He has a record of doing exactly that across three GMs, so prepare to be disappointed.  

Just now, lavar703 said:

I’m going to be extremely pissed if Rivera does nothing in free agency. You have a shot to win it all with a defense like this. You have a small window to keep it together. You have to go after this next season. 

I’m 100% with you this offseason. They have to get an upgrade at #2 WR, bring in another TE, keep their own FAs and get a few upgrades at LB unless they move Collins to WLB. Then, you just need one with Holcomb starting at MLB or SLB.