Week 15: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Team Football

naptownskinsfan

I’m at a point where I simply don’t believe Collinsworth actually watches much football anymore. I used to think very highly of him as an analyst but now I believe he just cashes a check. Tonight they bring up the state of the NFC East and Torico asks him who he thinks could give teams fits in the playoffs and his response “Uh I don’t know? The Cowboys maybe. They’ve won a couple of games in a row”. Torico says “well what about Washington” Collinsworth replies “ahh not really. They have a tremendous pass rush but there’s multiple teams better than them in the division” WTF lol?

We’ve lost two divisional games to the same opponent by a total of 4 points. We destroyed the Cowboys in both games and already beat the Eagles when the team was playing worse. They beat the Steelers, went on a 4 game winning streak and nearly beat the Seahawks missing two starting LBs, their starting QB and their starting RB. I mean, why even do the job if you don’t care anymore? Let someone else who cares about the game take over. It’s a silly gripe from me but it takes away from the broadcast when the commentator clearly doesn’t care. 

• Like 2

Washington Redskins can still clinch the NFC East next week if, the Giants lose tonight to the Browns and next week vs the Ravens and Washington beats Carolina. This also includes the Eagles lost to the Cardinals or next wk vs the Cowboys. 

The giants can clinch next week if they win tonight and next week and we lose to Carolina. 

The Eagle and Giants already suffer a defeat today.

Had Washington beat the Seahawks on Sunday, they would have picked up a little bit of wiggle room over the final two weeks of the season. Now that they sit will a 6-8 record, the next two games vs. the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles are pretty much must-win games. However if the Giants drop both of their next two games, Washington might not have to win out, but if they can continue to win, there’s nobody that can get in their way.

Finally I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel. 

Edited by 4209

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m at a point where I simply don’t believe Collinsworth actually watches much football anymore. I used to think very highly of him as an analyst but now I believe he just cashes a check. Tonight they bring up the state of the NFC East and Torico asks him who he thinks could give teams fits in the playoffs and his response “Uh I don’t know? The Cowboys maybe. They’ve won a couple of games in a row”. Torico says “well what about Washington” Collinsworth replies “ahh not really. They have a tremendous pass rush but there’s multiple teams better than them in the division” WTF lol?

We’ve lost two divisional games to the same opponent by a total of 4 points. We destroyed the Cowboys in both games and already beat the Eagles when the team was playing worse. They beat the Steelers, went on a 4 game winning streak and nearly beat the Seahawks missing two starting LBs, their starting QB and their starting RB. I mean, why even do the job if you don’t care anymore? Let someone else who cares about the game take over. It’s a silly gripe from me but it takes away from the broadcast when the commentator clearly doesn’t care. 

Yeah, I heard that. I don’t even think he mentioned us and we’re winning the division and now that the Giants lost we’ve almost picked up the division, I think Steve the NBC politics guy had us winning the division at like 76% now. I’ve never liked Collinsworth. My whole family didn’t like him bc he’s just a huge dork. My dad hates Collinsworth dating back to him playing for the Bengals in the 79s and early 80s bc my dad is a Steelers fan. 😂

Collinsworth and Al Michales are insufferable together because they’re both huge dorks. Torico at least balances out the dorkiness with his smith delivery and knowledge so that makes their telecast better.

So wait, I’ve now seen people on twitter arguing to have Dwayne start the next game lol. I wanted Dwayne to get the year but if Alex is healthy he’s the guy. You don’t pull a starter that won 4-games in a row especially when you consider how bad Dwayne was. I mean, most fans realize Rivera is done with him, right? He won’t be on this team next year. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So wait, I’ve now seen people on twitter arguing to have Dwayne start the next game lol. I wanted Dwayne to get the year but if Alex is healthy he’s the guy. You don’t pull a starter that won 4-games in a row especially when you consider how bad Dwayne was. I mean, most fans realize Rivera is done with him, right? He won’t be on this team next year. 

I think if Alex is healthy enough to play, he will start. If we win and the Giants & Eagles lose, Rivera may sit Alex to rest his calf for the playoffs so, Dwayne may play vs the Eagles.

As far as if Haskins is gone or not next year, I have no clue. I am done trying to figure out Rivera’s thought process because it makes ZERO sense to me.

Edited by turtle28

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wouldn't say he won 4 games in a row.  He won 3.  He was horrendous in the 49ers game and the real credit to our offense in that game goes to the defense.

I think it is a fair debate.  I would really like to see Haskins given a chance to start with a functional running game (Gibson).  Alex Smith may have managed those winning games well, but that was while leaning on a strong running game.  In most games, he barely threw it past the line of scrimmage.  The only game he really played well in was the pittsburgh game. 

45 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I wouldn't say he won 4 games in a row.  He won 3.  He was horrendous in the 49ers game and the real credit to our offense in that game goes to the defense.

I think it is a fair debate.  I would really like to see Haskins given a chance to start with a functional running game (Gibson).  Alex Smith may have managed those winning games well, but that was while leaning on a strong running game.  In most games, he barely threw it past the line of scrimmage.  The only game he really played well in was the pittsburgh game. 

I would say, Alex was hurt at some point during the 49ers game in the 1st half and that’s why he didn’t look right and his passes were short, off and had no zip at all. He couldn’t push off and deliver the throws.

Come on man, barely threw it past the like of scrimmage? Most passes this offense is designed to be thrown from 5 to 20 yards downfield, I don’t see much of a difference between what any of the 3 QBs have done in terms of air yards, what I see is Alex making the right reads, being quicker in his progressions, more accurate and getting the ball out faster than Dwayne and Kyle Allen did/do.

I think Alex played well vs the Giants & Lions except for a few passes. Agree that he played well vs Pittsburgh. He didn’t have to do much vs Dallas and he was hurt vs the 49ers. He should’ve have even played the last few drives of the first half vs San Fran if his calf was hurt.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would say, Alex was hurt at some point in during the 49ers game in the 1st half and that’s why he didn’t look right and his passes were short, off and had no zip at all. He couldn’t push off and deliver the throws.

Come on man, barely threw it past the like of scrimmage? Most passes this offense is designed to be thrown from 5 to 20 yards downfield, I don’t see much of a difference between what any of the 3 QBs have done in terms of air yards, what I see is Alex making the right reads, being quicker in his progressions, more accurate and getting the ball out faster than Dwayne and Kyle Allen did/do.

I think Alex played well vs the Giants & Lions except for a few passes. Agree that he played well vs Pittsburgh. 

The stats are fun:

Haskins- 
213 Attempts 
62.9%
1285 yards
5 TDs
5 INT

Smith- 
220 Attempts
66.4%
1420 yards
4 TDs
6 INTs

If you were to just look at the stats, it would be a toss up.  If you then are aware that Haskins was playing when this offense was brand new and Smith got the evolved offense.  Then there is the big factor that Smith had a running game, Haskins never did.  

Again, I think this debate is fair game.  I certainly don't even consider starting Smith unless his "calf" is a 100%.

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

The stats are fun:

Haskins- 
213 Attempts 
62.9%
1285 yards
5 TDs
5 INT

Smith- 
220 Attempts
66.4%
1420 yards
4 TDs
6 INTs

If you were to just look at the stats, it would be a toss up.  If you then are aware that Haskins was playing when this offense was brand new and Smith got the evolved offense.  Then there is the big factor that Smith had a running game, Haskins never did.  

Again, I think this debate is fair game.  I certainly don't even consider starting Smith unless his "calf" is a 100%.

Those are very telling stats. Haskins played 5.5 games. Alex played 6 games if you include his 2nd half vs the Rams and 1st half vs the 49ers. 

It’s definitely true the run game has been better for the last 2.5 months. I think the reason for that is Scherff returned from injury, and Scherweitzer & Lucas replaced Martin & Christian at LG & LT.

Edited by turtle28

On 12/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, lavar703 said:

I’m disappointed. They were totally up against it with all the injuries and they still hung in there and nearly took the game. Turner has a lot of growing up to do as a play caller. I think he’s improved as the season has gone on but it’s unbelievable it took him three quarters to figure out Haskins needed the quick game to get in a rhythm. He’s had this weird propensity to call some silly trick play or go away from what’s working at the most in opportune times. It’s infuriating and makes no sense at all. 

Absolutely @lavar703 a good point. We played Seattle without our starting QB, one of our best offensive weapons and 3 starters on Defense and we still had chance to win the game. That feels good, yes I know we lost but still it says something about this team. Our D played well. One of Seattle TD was do to 3 starters missing and one TD the lb should have deflected that TD pass. He was in good position. I'm starting to feel good about our team. We need to make some additions and draft better next yr and we are steadily on the way up. 

I also agree on the OC bad play calling in the last minute of the game. One of the sacks was by the fresh Carlos Dunlap. He finally got on the field in the last minute. Aaron Rogers would have never let fresh lineman on the field. But it is what it is. Growing pains. Hail!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Absolutely @lavar703 a good point. We played Seattle without our starting QB, one of our best offensive weapons and 3 starters on Defense and we still had chance to win the game. That feels good, yes I know we lost but still it says something about this team. Our D played well. One of Seattle TD was do to 3 starters missing and one TD the lb should have deflected that TD pass. He was in good position. I'm starting to feel good about our team. We need to make some additions and draft better next yr and we are steadily on the way up. 

I also agree on the OC bad play calling in the last minute of the game. One of the sacks was by the fresh Carlos Dunlap. He finally got on the field in the last minute. Aaron Rogers would have never let fresh lineman on the field. But it is what it is. Growing pains. Hail!!!!!!!!!!

The reason that sack happened was Moses hurt his knee on a previous play, he missed a play or two, then they stupidly let him go back in the game healthy and he was bowled over bc he wasn’t healthy. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Those are very telling stats. Haskins played 5.5 games. Alex played 6 games if you include his 2nd half vs the Rams and 1st half vs the 49ers. 

It’s definitely true the run game has been better for the last 2.5 months. I think the reason for that is Scherff returned from injury, and Scherweitzer & Lucas replaced Martin & Christian at LG & LT.

Another point in Haskins favor.  Not only has the run game been better over the second half of season but also the oline.  They were pretty bad that first 4 games of season.  Not to mention, the defense has gotten better throughout the season.  It all adds up to Smith getting a better chance to be successful than Haskins and yet their stats are similar. 

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

The stats are fun:

Haskins- 
213 Attempts 
62.9%
1285 yards
5 TDs
5 INT

Smith- 
220 Attempts
66.4%
1420 yards
4 TDs
6 INTs

People really want to dump on Haskins for that Baltimore game and say he was padding his stats........when it was still an 11 point game at halftime and he had half of his passing yards at the half.  

Look, he's not perfect and he's got a long way to go, but to call that game stat-padding is just sipping the kool-aid that the franchise wanted you to believe, along with all of the stuff they leaked about him.  

The debate is absolutely fair, and given how Alex Smith is, to this point at least, the first player to come back from this kind of injury, you've got to treat it cautiously.  A calf strain can mean a player misses a week or two typically, but in Smith's case, it is his plant leg and the one saved by surgery, so that's out the window.  

• Like 3