Week 15: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Team Football

naptownskinsfan

I’m disappointed. They were totally up against it with all the injuries and they still hung in there and nearly took the game. Turner has a lot of growing up to do as a play caller. I think he’s improved as the season has gone on but it’s unbelievable it took him three quarters to figure out Haskins needed the quick game to get in a rhythm. He’s had this weird propensity to call some silly trick play or go away from what’s working at the most in opportune times. It’s infuriating and makes no sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m disappointed. They were totally up against it with all the injuries and they still hung in there and nearly took the game. Turner has a lot of growing up to do as a play caller. I think he’s improved as the season has gone on but it’s unbelievable it took him three quarters to figure out Haskins needed the quick game to get in a rhythm. He’s had this weird propensity to call some silly trick play or go away from what’s working at the most in opportune times. It’s infuriating and makes no sense at all. 

Yep, I still think if we had kept KOC that this offense would be much further along and Haskins actually may have never lost his job bc he would’ve been more comfortable the first month in the offense and played all those games how he played in the second half today and vs the Eagles in week 1.

Oh well, can’t change it now, but that was huge mistake by Rivera.

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Agree with you here. At times it seems like he’s getting a great feel and a nice rhythm, but then you get this calls where he’s way overthinking it and trying to get clever. This offense, especially without Gibson, does not have the talent to get clever. They need to value every down and view each set of downs as a 3-play proposition. That’s not a recipe for big scores, but it’s what they are. 

But the one that seemed to really hurt in this one, the deep ball to the TE, just wasn’t good game strategy beyond not being a great play call. Let’s say you hit it. Best case scenario. Big go-ahead TD, great fun and excitement throughout the land. But you’re still giving the ball back to a 2-minute wizard in Russell Wilson with a lot of time on the clock. So even the best case outcome isn’t that great for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Why in the world did it take so long to put Khaleke Hudson on the field? Why is Davis playing over him? The guy was all over the field. Making plays in the run game and special teams. I’d love to see him start next week. 

They play different positions. Khaleke Hudson is a small LB aka WLB (6’, 220 lbs) He’s the size of what SS’s used to be, he and Landon Collins are about the same size for example.

If he was going to start over anyone this year it would’ve been KPL but KPL’s been our best LB this year and really hadn’t played poorly enough to be replaced.

Edited by turtle28
No

@e16bball

But the one that seemed to really hurt in this one, the deep ball to the TE, just wasn’t good game strategy beyond not being a great play call. Let’s say you hit it. Best case scenario. Big go-ahead TD, great fun and excitement throughout the land. But you’re still giving the ball back to a 2-minute wizard in Russell Wilson with a lot of time on the clock. So even the best case outcome isn’t that great for us.

Absolutely I agree with your assessment. If we make the TD to the TE, you are giving Wilson plenty of time to score TD or FG. Now with that in my mind and after the first sack of DH you could see Sharp needs help. You cannot put that king of pressure on a young QB so the OC has to keep that in mind. Also Moses should not have been put in the game either. But this is all about bad play calling. How about some  draws, screen or toss play etc to counter the Seahawks front four  all out pressure mode. At this juncture of the game we can't have a sack especially back to back sacks.  Now I know Turner was aware of the situation of Moses and Sharpe during his play calling. 

Anyways we gave them hell and DH deserves a high five. He put us  in position to win the game. But lets hope the Eagles and the G man loose and come back next week and hopefully we can put it all together and get a win next week. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4209 said:

@e16bball

But the one that seemed to really hurt in this one, the deep ball to the TE, just wasn’t good game strategy beyond not being a great play call. Let’s say you hit it. Best case scenario. Big go-ahead TD, great fun and excitement throughout the land. But you’re still giving the ball back to a 2-minute wizard in Russell Wilson with a lot of time on the clock. So even the best case outcome isn’t that great for us.

Absolutely I agree with your assessment. If we make the TD to the TE, you are giving Wilson plenty of time to score TD or FG. Now with that in my mind and after the first sack of DH you could see Sharp needs help. You cannot put that king of pressure on a young QB so the OC has to keep that in mind. Also Moses should not have been put in the game either. But this is all about bad play calling. How about some  draws, screen or toss play etc to counter the Seahawks front four  all out pressure mode. At this juncture of the game we can't have a sack especially back to back sacks.  Now I know Turner was aware of the situation of Moses and Sharpe during his play calling. 

Anyways we gave them hell and DH deserves a high five. He put us  in position to win the game. But lets hope the Eagles and the G man loose and come back next week and hopefully we can put it all together and get a win next week. 

schitts creek yes GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why in the world did it take so long to put Khaleke Hudson on the field? Why is Davis playing over him? The guy was all over the field. Making plays in the run game and special teams. I’d love to see him start next week. 

Yeah, no one is talking about him but I thought he had a good game too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Yeah, no one is talking about him but I thought he had a good game too.

He had a great game and it’s a great sign for his potential to start next year. That gives us a 2nd young LB who looks like he should be a starter along w/ Holcomb. I also thought that SDH played fine, but no splash plays like Hudson or like Holcomb gives us some games. Not sure if SDH is a starting MLB but, he has potential to be one.

Regardless, we definitely need to draft a LB and sign at least one LB to compete with these young guys. I’d also bring back KPL, but my hope is that either Collins is our starter at WLB - with Curl staying as the starting SS - or now Hudson who showed he could be the answer there and if KPL is brought back, I’d hope that Collins or Hudson beats out KPL should he return as a WLB.

Edited by turtle28