Week 15: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Team Football

naptownskinsfan

Just now, Vladimir L said:

oline did 

The OL is banged up. If your OL is banged up you don’t call plays to have your QB sit in the pocket. Dwayne was torching them with the quick stuff and he just sucked the life out of the offense with a deep pass to a TE against a defense playing not to get beat deep. It was moronic and just killed the momentum of the drive. 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Players also helped by not executing. Hopkins turned this last drive into one where we needed 6

I’m tired of blaming Hopkins. He’s sucked and done this the entire time he’s been on the roster and they won’t cut him. At some point it’s their fault for not moving on from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The OL is banged up. If your OL is banged up you don’t call plays to have your QB sit in the pocket. Dwayne was torching them with the quick stuff and he just sucked the life out of the offense with a deep pass to a TE against a defense playing not to get beat deep. It was moronic and just killed the momentum of the drive. 

yeah we shouls have gone with quick sttikes which was working and it was stupid to put moses out there again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Agreed.  Really, really dumb move there.  I don't understand it at all.  We shouldn't have been there to begin with, but we were......you just can't throw downs away within two minutes that close to the red zone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Hang in there guys. This one sucks for sure, but we still have two games left and they are both important games.

For a team that is pushing for the playoffs, hanging with one of the favorites and having a pretty good showing from the defense (minus letting Hyde break a big run) is a pretty big shot of confidence, at least for not embarrassing ourselves in the playoffs.  I'm sure just about all of us counted them out and not having a shot.  We had them on the ropes in the fourth quarter.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

For a team that is pushing for the playoffs, hanging with one of the favorites and having a pretty good showing from the defense (minus letting Hyde break a big run) is a pretty big shot of confidence, at least for not embarrassing ourselves in the playoffs.  I'm sure just about all of us counted them out and not having a shot.  We had them on the ropes in the fourth quarter.  

haskins has got to work on eliminating his bad plays. He showed near the end he can play. He has to do that for 4 qtrs. Also hopkins cost us the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

haskins has got to work on eliminating his bad plays. He showed near the end he can play. He has to do that for 4 qtrs. Also hopkins cost us the game.

One extra point hurts, but they could have lost points any number of ways.  As much as it's easy to pile onto the kicker, we had a chance and had the other team on the ropes.  We screwed up the playcalling at the end of the game, and we completely botched the Hyde run at the start of the third quarter.  

Haskins is a gunslinger.  I like that mentality at times.  The first interception was a poorly run route by someone else, and then deflected by our own guy- if he didn't deflect it, it's incomplete.  The second INT was absolutely a terrible decision, but I'll also give them credit for wanting to push downfield.  

• Like 1

I do understand the failures in the last the drive. There's plenty of blame to go around from my perspective. Blame it on the OL, play calling, DH, miss extra point etc. Certainly all of this had a hand in our defeat today. But  the fact of the matter is that DH put us in place to win the game  and that's all you ask him to do. However we failed in crunch time. It's that simple. Now we just need to take it the next level. We need to get better the next time around instead of choking.  To be quite frank, our team has come along ways. Let just pick up the pieces and move on and hope this team can learn from the aforementioned mishaps. Hopefully we can  execute better  the next time around. 

Edited by 4209

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

its true truth GIF

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

One extra point hurts, but they could have lost points any number of ways.  As much as it's easy to pile onto the kicker, we had a chance and had the other team on the ropes.  We screwed up the playcalling at the end of the game, and we completely botched the Hyde run at the start of the third quarter.  

Haskins is a gunslinger.  I like that mentality at times.  The first interception was a poorly run route by someone else, and then deflected by our own guy- if he didn't deflect it, it's incomplete.  The second INT was absolutely a terrible decision, but I'll also give them credit for wanting to push downfield.  

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv