Dwayne Haskins and the Future

lavar703

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So winning a playoff game in New Orleans against Drew Brees isn’t enough for you?

You're never going to be satisfied because you just don’t like him, but stop acting like he wasn’t the best QB we’ve had since Brad Johnson and arguably since Rypien, Williams or Theisman. 

As I said before if Kirk ever wins a Super Bowl you’ll say “yeah but he didn’t do this or that.”

I’d give anything to have that Playoff Win last year instead of going 3-13. 

* Also, Alex Smith cost $400,000 more than Kirk Cousins this season. So, it’s not like we couldn’t have afforded him.

I'm taking about Dak Prescot 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Well you certainly didn’t make that clear

well he was the subject of the original post but anyway   I edited a previous post and I guess you didn't see it but my question was ... Are you advocating that the TEAM  makes Dak the highest paid QB in the NFL ? 

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

well he was the subject of the original post but anyway   I edited a previous post and I guess you didn't see it but my question was ... Are you advocating that the TEAM  makes Dak the highest paid QB in the NFL ? 

Well I missed it, I’m sorry. I would. I think given where we are drafting that we can’t get one of the top 3 QB prospects without trading up and giving up multiple high picks like we did in 2012 and then if that player doesn’t turn out - or even if he does - that will set us back bc we would’ve given up two firsts, a 2nd round pick and or another good young starter again.

Signing Dak Prescott if he’s a free agent in March is just $, it’s just cap space and my guess is his 2021 cap space will be under $25 million bc with his signing bonus and all that’s how it generally works out. 

We won’t have to give up multiple draft picks to get him like we would Stafford, Wentz or a higher draft pick, we’d just have to give Dak a contract. 

Signing Dak if he’s a FA in March actually makes the most sense for us and he’s only  going to be 28 next July so presumably he could be our QB for the next decade plus, if he wants to play that long.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well I missed it, I’m sorry. I would. I think given where we are drafting that we can’t get one of the top 3 QB prospects without trading up and giving up multiple high picks like we did in 2012 and then if that player doesn’t turn out - or even if he does - that will set us back bc we would’ve given up two firsts, a 2nd round pick and or another good young starter again.

Signing Dak Prescott if he’s a free agent in March is just $, it’s just cap space and my guess is his 2021 cap space will be under $25 million bc with his signing bonus and all that’s how it generally works out. 

We won’t have to give up multiple draft picks to get him like we would Stafford, Wentz or a higher draft pick, we’d just have to give Dak a contract. 

Signing Dak if he’s a FA in March actually makes the most sense for us and he’s only  going to be 28 next July so presumably he could be our QB for the next decade plus, if he wants to play that long.

OK, whew- I hope Rivera isn't on board with you . !

24 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Next year, gimme (in order of preference) Mariota/Allen. Or Mariota/Mac Jones. Or Allen/Mac Jones.

I just saw that Marriota signed a two year contract to be the back up for the Raiders, so unless they cut him, he’ll be there.

Do you think Marriota can be anything more than average? I guess as a bridge QB I wouldn’t be upset with it but he doesn’t inspire me.

He’s most likely going to throw for 3500 yards & 20 TDs, which is fine I guess considering our D should be even better next year if we retain Darby, move Landon Collins to WLB and upgrade our MLB position.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You like him better than I-- Guess that's the last word , oh wait.. I forgot who I was "debating" with . 😄

I like good QBs, you only seems to like a QB if he’s never played a down so you don’t know how awful they are yet, if they’re undrafted or only if they’ve won a Super Bowl. I think you’re pretty impossible to please.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Yes. We'd have to trade for Mariota. And, yes, he'd be a stopgap. But he looked good when Carr went down, he's serviceable, and probably hungry to start. Mobile too. 

I'd much rather go that route as opposed to overpaying for someone like Stafford.

Trading for a Veteran QB is a big NO for me.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like good QBs, you only seems to like a QB if he’s never played a down so you don’t know how awful they are yet, if they’re undrafted or only if they’ve won a Super Bowl. I think you’re pretty impossible to please.

I understand and Dak is a good QB, Cousins was/is a GOOD QB ,,  they both want(ed) ELITE money . You don't give that kinda Jack to GOOD QBs. PS, I do love the 3rd stringers-You got me there ! 😋