GDT: SNF Tennessee Titans @ Green Bay Packers

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It was just an utterly embarrassing performance across the board from a “playoff team”

how Vrabel is still unable to get this team ready to “show up” consistently on Sunday’s is beyond me

we’ve changed coaches, quarterbacks, all manner of personnel, and this **** stays the same. part of me feels like it’ll never change.

Just now, -Hope- said:

we’ve changed coaches, quarterbacks, all manner of personnel, and this **** stays the same. part of me feels like it’ll never change.

I don’t know what it takes to go from “good to great”

not even trying to be facetious. What more do we need to do to enter and stay in that top echelon of teams?

I suppose fix the defense. Need to build a stronger front 7. We are about 5 pieces away!

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t know what it takes to go from “good to great”

not even trying to be facetious. What more do we need to do to enter and stay in that top echelon of teams?

I suppose fix the defense. Need to build a stronger front 7. We are about 5 pieces away!

what gets me is that the very moment we have a functional offense after years and years and years of having trash offenses paired with defenses that range anywhere from decent to great, we have a historically bad defense. we’re incapable of building a complete team.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what gets me is that the very moment we have a functional offense after years and years and years of having trash offenses paired with defenses that range anywhere from decent to great, we have a historically bad defense. we’re incapable of building a complete team.

There’s no leadership on D

We thought that young leaders (Simmons, Byard, was supposed to be Evans) would replace the gap left by Casey, ryan and Wood

jokes on us

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i’m fully done with rashaan evans. we need to work on finding his replacement because this guy is a BUST.

HIs replacement is Long. 
Sign back Brown. Pair him with Long and just move Evans to the edge this off-season. See if we can get anything from here there, if not he is gonna be gone anyway. Because no way we re-sign him as our MLB with his inconsistent play. .

Try to see if we can get a Hassan Reddick type switch from him. 

Year 3 for him and Long legit looks better than him. 

The defense is what it is. Snow didn't help. But its not changing this year so meh

But im disappointed in the offense

Not to mention the refs. Honestly anything that could go wrong did. I hope we light up Houston cause after that jj speech they are broken. Then we will see how the playoffs go. 

Tough night lol

3 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

The defense is what it is. Snow didn't help. But its not changing this year so meh

But im disappointed in the offense

Not to mention the refs. Honestly anything that could go wrong did. I hope we light up Houston cause after that jj speech they are broken. Then we will see how the playoffs go. 

Tough night lol

Sorry, but the snow had no effect on how that game went for the Titans. 
I know you not saying it had a major one, but I don't even think it had a small one. Everything we saw yesterday was there on a sunny 62 degree day.

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

HIs replacement is Long. 
Sign back Brown. Pair him with Long and just move Evans to the edge this off-season. See if we can get anything from here there, if not he is gonna be gone anyway. Because no way we re-sign him as our MLB with his inconsistent play. .

Try to see if we can get a Hassan Reddick type switch from him. 

Year 3 for him and Long legit looks better than him. 

brown wasn't good this year either even before he was healthy, but i suppose i can give him the benefit of the doubt given his past play. your solution is probably the best option for the short-term, but i have serious doubts about whether evans can contribute anywhere at all. i do hope we give him a shot on the edge though. didn't bowen or someone on defense say that we were going to give that a go? i feel like i haven't seen it at all, and instead we have brooks freaking reed out there while evans ****s around in coverage snap after snap.

Edited by -Hope-

Just now, -Hope- said:

brown wasn't good this year either even before he was healthy, but i suppose i can give him the benefit of the doubt. your solution is probably the best option for the short-term, but i have serious doubts about whether evans can contribute anywhere at all. i do hope we give him a shot on the edge though. didn't bowen or someone on defense say that we were going to give that a go? i feel like i haven't seen it at all, and instead we have brooks freaking reed out there while evans ****s around in coverage snap after snap.

I mean Evans is super against the run 70-75% of the time.
His best plays are when he doesn't have to read, but he just reacts. Point him in  direction and he is a boss!

I say play him standing up on 1st or obvious run plays. Then put him on the edge in passing downs.
I mean go look at Reddick last year, he was standing up trying to cover backs/TEs. 

Put him on the edge and dude has like 10 sacks in 5 games almost..lol

That would be the best plan for him. If he fails after that at least we tried.

But yeah Brown wasn't great this year, but I'm going to chalk that up to scheme along with Byard. You can't be All-Pro level and be bottom basement in one season. Just can't be right..lol

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Rashaan Evans sucks and isn’t the leader he needs to be

extremely disappointed in him. Thought he was going to be a long term starter and captain for us 

we need a nasty enforcer type who is a vocal leader. that just doesn't exist on our defense right now. casey and ryan served that role last year even as their level of play declined. jeff simmons might be able to do that in the future but it's hard for him right now being literally the only player in the front 7 that anyone has to pay attention to. we would really benefit from another player in the front 7 who can take on that role.

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we need a nasty enforcer type who is a vocal leader. that just doesn't exist on our defense right now. casey and ryan served that role last year even as their level of play declined. jeff simmons might be able to do that in the future but it's hard for him right now being literally the only player in the front 7 that anyone has to pay attention to. we would really benefit from another player in the front 7 who can take on that role.

Simmons desperately needs help on the DL. I think Clowney, regardless of his low numbers, was taking a deserved amount of OL’s attention. Focus goes all on Simmons now, and there’s only so much he can do

• Like 1

Went back and looked at Evans at Alabama, we are Mariota'ing him. lol

He is a trained wild beast. Just point that man in a direction and say go 100 miles per hour. Stop trying to make him some cerebral player. 
1st down, obvious run situations Stand Up LB.
2nd and long, SPY, Man to Man on a RB out the backfield or blitzer
3rd down (passing situations) edge or blitz.

That's all he needs to know how to do. LOL