Week 6 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He fights for his players like crazy when it benefits the team and HIMSELF. Jerry will sign a domestic abuser/rapist/murderer/etc on the drop of a dime as long as it makes the team better. So will the Cowboys have trouble signing FAs? Probably not, but that's because a player will always go where the money is and in some cases where the opportunity is. But if a player has a comparable offer from the Cowboys and another team, could that player turn down the Cowboys offer because of what Jerry has said/done lately? Possibly. 

Totally agree. It is selfish but players still have benefited from his perceived loyalty or players owner approach in the past. But Jerry making public comments lately is a problem for his franchise. I said a number of times in my post though that there were no issues when his statements were private. Once he went public he alienated some players and fans. Same with York when he posts something political. 

I guess I'm kind of done talking about it.  Agree or disagree with the protests, I just see nothing that shows York has done ANYTHING that shows he handled it well.  And in fact, once again, none of the major parties involved, NFL, Kap, 49ers, are better for what's gone on and York's role in it.  At best, he's had no effect.  At worst, he could have done SOMETHING, and I don't have an answer what, that may have made the entire situation a win win for the league, Kap, the treatment of minorities, and anyone else that could have benefited.  

Just now, straighthate said:

Really surprised Foster inactive. Just kind of figured the Bowman situation meant they thought Foster was ready to go. I know it was a long term decision, but still. 

Yeah, i was kind of the same thought. Oh well, why risk a re-injury in a lost season. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really should have changed my eliminator pick to Washington lol

I picked the Redskins lol.

Tartt has been good in coverage all season, but Doctson is a tough cover for him. Actually wasn't all that bad coverage there either.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I picked the Redskins lol.

Tartt has been good in coverage all season, but Doctson is a tough cover for him. Actually wasn't all that bad coverage there either.

Yeah, that's a hard route to cover to be honest and he was right there. It's about the most you can do against that route without just jumping it altogether. 

Archived