2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's for sure better than GVR. And younger.

We probably should do it if the deal is right. Still have to draft guys though and more than one. The OL needs the love. Becton was a good start, Clarke not even being able to dress when we had some of the worst guard play in the league is a really bad sign. 

At this point, the teams that may have interest in Darnold could be down to Houston, Seattle and Chicago. 

And then there are teams with potential backup openings or QB of the future openings, such as Pittsburgh.

The more this plays out, the more I think dealing Darnold in a Watson/Wilson blockbuster might make the most sense.

I'd be willing to trade more future picks and try to keep as many 2021 picks. I'd also be willing to trade current roster players like Maye, Mosley and Crowder (to name three) in order to secure a Watson or a Wilson.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

We probably should do it if the deal is right. Still have to draft guys though and more than one. The OL needs the love. Becton was a good start, Clarke not even being able to dress when we had some of the worst guard play in the league is a really bad sign. 

yeah but never forget that the guy evaluating the talent was a baffoon.

43 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd consider trading a pick for Hunter too.  #34 and maybe a 4th for Hunter would be sweet. 

I think Hunter had some locker room or off filed issues. JD want go for that if true. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If Shanahan and LaFleur share the same philosophy on qb then we won't get either W.

Not sure about that. I think this market is just screaming for a superstar. So, sometimes you have to go outside the box, or outside your own philosophy in this case.

Both QBs are worth it.

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Clark didn't dress because he got hurt and wasn't practicing then when he came back he was getting first team reps. I think he has a chance to earn a starting spot this season. The offense plays to his strengths. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Clark didn't dress because he got hurt and wasn't practicing then when he came back he was getting first team reps. I think he has a chance to earn a starting spot this season. The offense plays to his strengths. 

Still he doesn't fit zone blocking scheme and I still don't know why JD drafted him when Gase used ZBS.

I think we have done a very nice job (so far) of getting young free agents (Davis, Lawson, Davis) that can grow with the rest of the team. But one position where I don't think we absolutely need youth is offensive guard. Just get good guards, even if they are in their mid-30s. Generally, it is a position with some longevity. We have plenty of draft picks to get developmental guards. For now, just upgrade on what we have and I will be happy.

Also, there could be some former tackles who can slide inside that might make sense too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s a 16 week season. Not dressing when we had injuries is not a bad sign. I wouldn’t bet on him being a starter at all.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

lol... like he was going to make an impact on OL for one or two games.

Maybe if he plays, Aaron Donald gets three sacks, one of which is a forced fumble that is taken to the house...and the Rams eek out a win.

Of course, we would have still needed better luck with Cleveland's COVID situation...