2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The first day of free agency was more eventful than I expected. Tons of guys can’t off the board. Really only WR still has some of the top guys left.

CB has a ton too. William Jackson, Shaq Griffin, Sherman, Witherspoon, Kwaun, just to name a few. RB and TE to a lesser degree still have a good group of guys out there.

QB- Need a vet with some experience in the offense + whoever we draft at 2

RB- Need some fresh legs and depth

WR- Could use two more pieces in FA(Perriman + ???) and still should draft a kid. 

TE- Need a dynamic guy here who can move around the offense. 

OT- I would say all set with Becton and Fant.

OG- Need upgrades or competition. 

C- McGovern seems to be the guy

EDGE- 2 more guys here

DL- Some depth behind Q and Fatukasi wont hurt. Will help keep them fresh

LB- Mosley, Davis, Cashman, Dawkins aren't enough for me personally. 

CB- Hall is trending upward, Austin is hit or miss and we have nothing behind them. Need help. 

S- Maye is locked, Davis should do well in this defense. Need some depth behind them. 

K- Definitely need a consistent kicker. 

KR/PR- I miss Brad Smith

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

CB has a ton too. William Jackson, Shaq Griffin, Sherman, Witherspoon, Kwaun, just to name a few. RB and TE to a lesser degree still have a good group of guys out there.

Forgot about corner. We need help there.

Edited by SDotNova

So we’ve signed two young potentially really good players. I was high on Lawson so I’m happy we’ve signed him. Just hope he takes that ‘next step’ now and can be a top pass rusher. Certainly going to be paid like one. 

I’’m going to watch some film on Corey Davis as he wasn’t someone I had pictured us signing for some reason. Has the size and is very physical. Would a Davis-Mims-Crowder trio with a rookie mid rounder be enough?! Maybe. I think unless we sign a Samuels or JuJu then I’d definitely keep Crowder. 

I want Ju Ju bad now. I really don’t think we go QB at 2. I think a trade down will happen during the draft. JD will move down and get a huge return package. I think our QB will be in 2022 unless Sam kills it this year. JD loves Sam and is one of the reasons JD took the job thinking Sam was the young franchise QB. His first 2 years looked very promising so with Covid a bad line and only having only his top WR together during week 14 was just crazy. Davis is going to be a stud and will be the best weapon Sam has had so far in his career. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

QB- Need a vet with some experience in the offense + whoever we draft at 2 Dalton on a cheap deal would be a nice addition. Could win a game in a pinch too. 

RB- Need some fresh legs and depth. I would love us to make an offer for Phillip Lindsay. Was tendered at the lowest form so no draft picks if he walks. 

WR- Could use two more pieces in FA(Perriman + ???) and still should draft a kid. Someone with big time speed like Perriman would be fine. We still could take a guy like Toney at #23. 

TE- Need a dynamic guy here who can move around the offense. Henry would be nice but so would Everett. Brevin Jordan is a guy that looks dynamic in the draft. 

OT- I would say all set with Becton and Fant. I really like Fant. Would a Sewell be an upgrade...sure. But Fant is very serviceable IMO. Becton is a STUD.  

OG- Need upgrades or competition. would be nice to cut GVR and bring in a another guy in FA like Turner. Then let Lewis, Clarke and a rookie battle for the other guard spot. 

C- McGovern seems to be the guy His contract made it obvious he would be a big part of the line this year. Hope he gets going. 

EDGE- 2 more guys here. I would love a veteran like Clowney. Then a guy like Ronnie Perkins in the 3rd. 

DL- Some depth behind Q and Fatukasi wont hurt. Will help keep them fresh. Darius Stills is a guy I like in the draft in the later rounds. I also wonder with Saleh if he can get more out of Shepherd too. 

LB- Mosley, Davis, Cashman, Dawkins aren't enough for me personally. Bring back Nev and we are fine. 

CB- Hall is trending upward, Austin is hit or miss and we have nothing behind them. Need help. Would love Sherman on a short term deal and look to the draft for a long term starter opposite Hall. Israel Mukuamu is my favourite sleeper. 4/5th round. 

S- Maye is locked, Davis should do well in this defense. Need some depth behind them. A vet who’s played for Saleh before would be nice. Jaquiski Tartt would be someone I think we may bring in on a 2yr low deal. 

K- Definitely need a consistent kicker. Deestroying?!?! 

KR/PR- I miss Brad Smith Would love to somehow end up getting Waddle. He’d be perfect for the offense and give us an electric returner. 

Corey Davis, was a good pickup. but our O line is weaker now with the loss of a offensive guard.  We still need a top RB, and O line help, which Douglas will probably go after with the 23 overall pick in the draft, unless one of the top RB is still on the board. I can't see him going any other way. We still have no idea what Douglas, is going to do with our QB issue. The good thing is we still have the second overall pick in the draft he can keep Darnold, or draft either Fields or Wilson, this will probably be a last minute decision which id OK.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I want Ju Ju bad now. I really don’t think we go QB at 2. I think a trade down will happen during the draft. JD will move down and get a huge return package. I think our QB will be in 2022 unless Sam kills it this year. JD loves Sam and is one of the reasons JD took the job thinking Sam was the young franchise QB. His first 2 years looked very promising so with Covid a bad line and only having only his top WR together during week 14 was just crazy. Davis is going to be a stud and will be the best weapon Sam has had so far in his career. 

I want JuJu too but we are almost definitely going QB at 2. I think Joe trades down from 23 and even 34. He has to get his guy at 2. If they like Wilson or Fields or whoever you take him and don’t screw around.

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

So we’ve signed two young potentially really good players. I was high on Lawson so I’m happy we’ve signed him. Just hope he takes that ‘next step’ now and can be a top pass rusher. Certainly going to be paid like one. 

I’’m going to watch some film on Corey Davis as he wasn’t someone I had pictured us signing for some reason. Has the size and is very physical. Would a Davis-Mims-Crowder trio with a rookie mid rounder be enough?! Maybe. I think unless we sign a Samuels or JuJu then I’d definitely keep Crowder. 

I think it’s worth going WR earlier than the mid rounds. Being 4 deep is almost a necessity especially with our luck with injuries. I think adding a guy like Rondale Moore in the second would be great. Eventual Crowder replacement and he brings a skill set that is different than Mims/Davis/Crowder.

Davis gets underrated because he never lived up to his draft slot. But he’s a high quality number 2 and pairs well with Mims. 

Edited by SDotNova

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I want JuJu too but we are almost definitely going QB at 2. I think Joe trades down from 23 and even 34. He has to get his guy at 2. If they like Wilson or Fields or whoever you take him and don’t screw around.

Douglas, won't trade down from 23 he needs that pick to get the best O lineman left on the board, the center of our O line is far from being good. If we want any kind of running game it must be improved.

9 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Not much really. We can probably explore a trade for Derek Barnett. Also, likely won’t happen, but Clowney on a 1 year deal may be a good idea. His skill set compliments Lawson. And Clowney won’t be the primary pass rusher which may help him. He’d actually be our 3rd best pass rusher behind Lawson and Q.

I want no part of Clowney. All hype. Those are the types of signings that have always come back to haunt us. And correct me if I am wrong, but Clowney was not the primary PR in Houston. How did that work out?

• Like 1

Today, Jets only need to find a CB.   According to NFLTR, Shaquill Griffin, William Jackson 3 and Desmond King are top CB with right age.  

15m a year market for CB?   Dunno about that.

King is slot CB so I doubt it.

Unless Jets surprise us I think that's it until the new year league kicks off.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I want no part of Clowney. All hype. Those are the types of signings that have always come back to haunt us. And correct me if I am wrong, but Clowney was not the primary PR in Houston. How did that work out?

Clowney has tools to be all round pass rusher but his run ability is only tool that is proven.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not sure a 1 year deal can burn us. But I don’t see a problem if he is paid commensurate with his production. He’s a great run defender and an ok pass rusher. He’s a guy that never lived up to the hype but he’s still a starter in this league. Like he’s being projected to sign in the 7-9 range. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not sure a 1 year deal can burn us. But I don’t see a problem if he is paid commensurate with his production. He’s a great run defender and an ok pass rusher. He’s a guy that never lived up to the hype but he’s still a starter in this league. Like he’s being projected to sign in the 7-9 range. 

Vet minimum to match his minimum production. How is he an OK PR? His best years were 2017 and 2018 when JJ was killing it. His average sack rate is less than 5/year. He is always injured. I would not waste $7M on him.  Those are exactly the types of bad signings that JD will avoid.