2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Crazy that that's where they decided to cut cap space after how the SB went for them. 

I think it is because Fisher won't be available right away and Schwartz is leaning retirement. Sounds like they are going to try to overhaul their O line this off-season.

It would help if they got back RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, but I have no idea what his plans are for 2021 (and beyond).

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think it is because Fisher won't be available right away and Schwartz is leaning retirement. Sounds like they are going to try to overhaul their O line this off-season.

Could be, but I think Schwartz is only contemplating retirement because he does not want to go through FA. I think he would remain with KC if they wanted him. Who knows. There should be a decent OT at 31 but after that it gets a little tougher. Keeping Schwartz and having the rook play the other T spot would have been better than trying to get 2 OT this offseason. Forget FA. Curious move. 

7 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Would love him, he’s young and can play the Deebo role in this offense. Would have to move on from crowder but I’m cool with that, Crowder is strictly a slot guy whil Samuels can play in the Slot, Backfield, out wide.

Crowder is better than Samuel and we aren't in the position to just drop valuable players. I would actually try to extend Crowder to lower his cap hit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Crowder is better than Samuel and we aren't in the position to just drop valuable players. I would actually try to extend Crowder to lower his cap hit. 

Yup. And I get the argument that Samuel is a weapon, not just a slot guy. But I still don't really want him.

JuJu I'm not as worried about bc of his size, speed and route running I think he can play on the outside. So he's not strictly a slot. Ideally we just get one of Golladay or Davis IMO. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Baltimore would never but I wonder if they trade Brown to the Chiefs for their 1st round pick. 

It would depend upon Stanley’s readiness for TC. If Balt. feels he will be ready it makes sense. I doubt KC would give up their first but a second and a third may work. The cost will depend on Brown’s resolve. It is a good idea for both teams.