The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

48 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It'd help to be able to see the screenshot of course, but on the image it's showing me attempting to add / bid on Hunter Henry, and when it takes me to the "Who do you choose to drop" screen, all of the players are marked as LOCKED as if Monday night games are being played. 

I don't think ESPN is out to get me. I just think something about our league settings is very funky & perhaps not playing well with ESPN's standard league formats. I'm not sure why this setting was manually changed this year? We've never had this issue in the past & ESPN's standard format is the one we've always used. Somehow had to have manually updated it from standard Wednesday waivers to "hey waivers run a few hours after MNF, good luck". 

Ya don't stress it's a free league between strangers haha. I have been fun managing my team and reworking it to *hopefully* be a contender next year. Takes a ton of fun out of it when everything is going as it should & you can't do simple things like bid FAAB on free agents. 

Am I gonna go the whole season without being able to bid FAAB...? lol

Clearly the settings were changed in a way that were detrimental to the league. We had to toggle the waiver options multiple times over the offseason to process offseason trades (also annoying). We also had to restart the league once for unforgiving setting options. So who knows when the waivers were messed up…but we all make mistakes, and the problem is that ESPN is unforgiving. 

I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to bid. I’d contact ESPN, because clearly other managers don’t have that same issue

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It'd help to be able to see the screenshot of course, but on the image it's showing me attempting to add / bid on Hunter Henry, and when it takes me to the "Who do you choose to drop" screen, all of the players are marked as LOCKED as if Monday night games are being played. 

I don't think ESPN is out to get me. I just think something about our league settings is very funky & perhaps not playing well with ESPN's standard league formats. I'm not sure why this setting was manually changed this year? We've never had this issue in the past & ESPN's standard format is the one we've always used. Somehow had to have manually updated it from standard Wednesday waivers to "hey waivers run a few hours after MNF, good luck". 

Ya don't stress it's a free league between strangers haha. I have been fun managing my team and reworking it to *hopefully* be a contender next year. Takes a ton of fun out of it when everything is going as it should & you can't do simple things like bid FAAB on free agents. 

Am I gonna go the whole season without being able to bid FAAB...? lol

Monday night before the game(s) started I had some Monday night players available to drop to put in a Tue waver claim. The rest of my players were all locked because they already played their games .

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Clearly the settings were changed in a way that were detrimental to the league. We had to toggle the waiver options multiple times over the offseason to process offseason trades (also annoying). We also had to restart the league once for unforgiving setting options. So who knows when the waivers were messed up…but we all make mistakes, and the problem is that ESPN is unforgiving. 

I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to bid. I’d contact ESPN, because clearly other managers don’t have that same issue

Ya it's not quite THAT big of a deal. I'm just really hoping we can use this as justification for switching to Sleeper asap. 

Sleeper also allows in-season edits so we can correct any issues we experience along the way. 

@WE-R-Lions @winitall @Bigbear72 @deathstar @NYRaider @Lionized @Sllim Pickens @HvacRaider @SaveOurSonics @JaguarCrazy2832@detfan782004   

Jeudy, Kelley, Achane, and Charbonnet still on the trade block. Not looking to get rid of any of them, but hate having that talent buried on my depth chart. 

Id be looking for 2:1 for slight upgrade versus 2024 picks. FYI…cannot trade 2025 picks until after the season

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

@WE-R-Lions @winitall @Bigbear72 @deathstar @NYRaider @Lionized @Sllim Pickens @HvacRaider @SaveOurSonics @JaguarCrazy2832@detfan782004   

Jeudy, Kelley, Achane, and Charbonnet still on the trade block. Not looking to get rid of any of them, but hate having that talent buried on my depth chart. 

Id be looking for 2:1 for slight upgrade versus 2024 picks. FYI…cannot trade 2025 picks until after the season

On second thought…Achane is off the trade block 

10 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Looks like we have an inactive manager in @NYRaider

Aaron Jones in the starting lineup as an inactive and had a player on the bench that would’ve won him the matchup. 

Harris was the only RB that could have filled the RB spot and he would have still lost. Jones was a tough one this week because everyone thought he was going to play. I’ll give him the mulligan, but even more reason to go with a better system to track potential points