The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

On 7/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Not to be that guy, but doesn’t this type of change have just as much potential impact as a Superflex? 

And that’s not to say we shouldn’t do it, but if we’re pushing Superflex out a year to give people a buffer to strategize and shape their roster around it, should we not afford the same buffer for return yards? 

Return yards are not big point getters. The return game is really underutilized...if we were talking 2011 Darren Sproles, yeah it would have made a substantial impact. But now...it is more likely to move only the very best returners (such as Patterson) into FLEX play. 

@WE-R-Lions and I discussed it and have decided to reduce from 10 return yards per 0.75 points to 10 return yards per 1 point. That would have given Andre Roberts a whopping 130 points last year after he put up the most return yardage. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Having Saquon and that roster wasn’t going to help me. Turning him into3 startable pieces gives me a shot. Plenty of risk with the 3 players I got though which is concerning 

Yeah having elite players is overrated in Fantasy Football. 

36 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Yeah having elite players is overrated in Fantasy Football. 

I think that it’s a really even trade. I’d be absolutely shocked if his team isn’t improved by the trade because he was weak regarding depth. Jones may be a drop off from Barkley...but he’s been better than Barkley two of the last three years. He’s older but has been more durable...a huge reason why I’ve won a few championships.  Chark is nowhere close to Thomas. Harris is lagniappe.  

I did the trade because I could afford to with my depth. Losing Thomas hurts me this year, but Hill, Moore, D Johnson, and Julio are good enough. Part of the reason I did it is the perceived value of Barkley. Many still have him as RB1 in spite of his injuries...and that holds value, more than his production has given thus far. I believe that I offered someone four 1st round picks for Barkley during his rookie draft and it was rejected. The sheer fact I was able to trade for him is a win in my opinion...because he was probably untradeable before this season. But it really is going to take Barkley to return to his rookie form to win this trade. I’ll have three league winning RBs if he does...with Kamara and Akers. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that it’s a really even trade. I’d be absolutely shocked if his team isn’t improved by the trade because he was weak regarding depth. Jones may be a drop off from Barkley...but he’s been better than Barkley two of the last three years. He’s older but has been more durable...a huge reason why I’ve won a few championships.  Chark is nowhere close to Thomas. Harris is lagniappe.  

I did the trade because I could afford to with my depth. Losing Thomas hurts me this year, but Hill, Moore, D Johnson, and Julio are good enough. Part of the reason I did it is the perceived value of Barkley. Many still have him as RB1 in spite of his injuries...and that holds value, more than his production has given thus far. I believe that I offered someone four 1st round picks for Barkley during his rookie draft and it was rejected. The sheer fact I was able to trade for him is a win in my opinion...because he was probably untradeable before this season. But it really is going to take Barkley to return to his rookie form to win this trade. I’ll have three league winning RBs if he does...with Kamara and Akers. 

I definitely envy your stable of RBs for the future. From an outsiders perspective, I think you won the trade by a fair margin. However, that is the trade off multiple starters for an elite talent. 

Definitely think Barkley is a great back, but often he gets by on athleticism and that just took a big hit with the knee injury. I’m sure eventually he will be back to normal but I don’t think it’ll be this year. I think you should swing for the fences when you have that depth though so I like the trade for both sides.

• Like 1