BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

@SirA1 which one is right?

I would add the Extension of $65K + the Salary and Roster bonuses from 2020 ($7K) for a 5 year $72K base contract. It's never based off of the cap hits. The restructure part is from his previous contract and his Signing Bonus is included in the extension.

Although looking at this deal he can be cut after 2021 for almost no dead cap so that would scare the crap out of me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I would add the Extension of $65K + the Salary and Roster bonuses from 2020 ($7K) for a 5 year $72K base contract. It's never based off of the cap hits. The restructure part is from his previous contract and his Signing Bonus is included in the extension.

Although looking at this deal he can be cut after 2021 for almost no dead cap so that would scare the crap out of me. 

So 10,800 a year?  That's do-able.  I also probably won't have much in terms of 3Downs next year.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

We've gone back to the ways of making contracts so complex again somehow.

I blame all these NFL teams and their crazy contract structures. Also the Agents wanting sites to only report on the Extensions to make it seem like they got their player more money that they really did.

33 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It should just be 75% of the per annual listed on spotrac. Y’all trying to nickel and dime is laughable. 

So it should be a 4 year deal that ends a year earlier than the actual contract?

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

So 10,800 a year?  That's do-able.  I also probably won't have much in terms of 3Downs next year.

Actually I was too tired. It's actually a weird 6 year deal. This is why I am not doing contracts anymore.

• Like 1