BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think that's a rule we should consider changing. 

It's done that way intentionally so teams have at least some draft capitol for the guys that always trade away their picks.

It also only during the draft to prevent owners from trading the top PFA picks if a player gets selected high and another team loves that player.

Just not a can of worms to open imo.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It's done that way intentionally so teams have at least some draft capitol for the guys that always trade away their picks.

It also only during the draft to prevent owners from trading the top PFA picks if a player gets selected high and another team loves that player.

Just not a can of worms to open imo.

By your logic the PFA Rounds should occur immediately following the BDP draft. Not at a point where we get to see who went where. 

So on this we will have to agree to disagree and that post was an official proposal 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

By your logic the PFA Rounds should occur immediately following the BDP draft. Not at a point where we get to see who went where. 

So on this we will have to agree to disagree and that post was an official proposal 

PFA picks have only been tradable for 3 years now. It took an act of Congress for that to happen. The limitations were the only way it passed. I'm fine reopening that again but it will open up abuse for some.

I also think we should do 6 rounds of BDL draft and 3 of PFA but that also got shot down. Seeing how many players were not drafted in the first 3 rounds of NFL draft that were in bdl may make that something to bring up as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

PFA picks have only been tradable for 3 years now. It took an act of Congress for that to happen. The limitations were the only way it passed. I'm fine reopening that again but it will open up abuse for some.

I also think we should do 6 rounds of BDL draft and 3 of PFA but that also got shot down. Seeing how many players were not drafted in the first 3 rounds of NFL draft that were in bdl may make that something to bring up as well.

Like I said I don't think that you should even be able to know who gets drafted where the PFA draft should take place immediately following the BDL draft what you just said and I get that I traded my pf a pics away but I don't really understand your 1st post on this subject because honestly it comes across as extremely selfish and it comes across as a way for people to boost their plus/minus values of the draft and frankly We have anough team boasting from New Orleans

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Like I said I don't think that you should even be able to know who gets drafted where the PFA draft should take place immediately following the BDL draft what you just said and I get that I traded my pf a pics away but I don't really understand your 1st post on this subject because honestly it comes across as extremely selfish and it comes across as a way for people to boost their plus/minus values of the draft and frankly We have anough team boasting from New Orleans

Well they wouldn’t be pfa then they would just be additional rounds of the draft 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

In fact I am proposing that either esa pics are able to be traded even after the conclusion of the BDL draft or that the PSA2 round draft occurs immediately following the BDL draft and not 2 weeks later

PFA picks Priority Fee Agents used to be called Undrafted Free Agents in both NFL and BDL. They have always been after the real life NFL draft for over 10 years in BDL. It supposed to simulate the signing of players after the draft. You still get the option to sign rookies in the Shark Tank.

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

PFA picks Priority Fee Agents used to be called Undrafted Free Agents in both NFL and BDL. They have always been after the real life NFL draft for over 10 years in BDL. It supposed to simulate the signing of players after the draft. You still get the option to sign rookies in the Shark Tank.

I don't really care how long things have been a certain way. Turn apps solution to what I suggested which I also think is very validYes to completely eliminate the PFA and add 2more round to the draft then people can sign free agents like you said in the shark tank after free agencyYou can add that to my initial proposal

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

OK sir you win whatever I don't give a **** sorry I brought it up

Sir, I have no problem opening the topic up again. I am just curbing your expectations because I was the one that suggested the current PFA rule and the only way it passed was with severe limitations. 

PFA has no effect on +/-.

Edited by SirA1

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Sir, I have no problem opening the topic up again. I am just curbing your expectations because I was the one that suggested the current PFA rule and the only way it passed was with severe limitations. 

PFA has no effect on +/-.

That is very much a matter of opinion