BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

One thing I won’t do this season is hype my players in the game threads. If that gets me less votes so be it. I trust you are all intelligent enough and watch enough football that I don’t need to do this. But I also won’t judge you for doing it for your team’s players. It is everyone’s right. I will only talk about our performances in this discussion thread for fun. 

I stopped hyping my players bc you used to personally attack me.

The league is more enjoyable when you don’t hype guys for votes. Now you just gotta build a great team so it’s easier to live out that statement.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Share with us.

I don't remember who exactly it was, but some NFL insider tweeted after Jacksonville's Week 1 win something along the lines of "the team privately thought they had a lot more talent than the media gave them credit for." Jacksonville of course went on to what is currently a 16 game losing streak and counting.

Anyways, Week 1 doesn't mean **** but I'm happy for those of you who have something to get hyped over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I stopped hyping my players bc you used to personally attack me.

The league is more enjoyable when you don’t hype guys for votes. Now you just gotta build a great team so it’s easier to live out that statement.

Never personally attacked you. Did I call it out because I thought it was over the top? Absolutely. Personally attacked is me attacking your character or you as a person. I don’t know you as a person to personally attack you. That’s a deep accusation. But if that’s your perception then so be it. 

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't remember who exactly it was, but some NFL insider tweeted after Jacksonville's Week 1 win something along the lines of "the team privately thought they had a lot more talent than the media gave them credit for." Jacksonville of course went on to what is currently a 16 game losing streak and counting.

Anyways, Week 1 doesn't mean **** but I'm happy for those of you who have something to get hyped over.

You still think Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Murray? To be fair, Garoppolo’s stat line from today was excellent. If he keeps that up Lance might not play this year.

26 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You still think Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Murray? To be fair, Garoppolo’s stat line from today was excellent. If he keeps that up Lance might not play this year.

I don't remember saying Garoppolo was definitively better than Murray.

I don't think he's bad. But I think he's squarely average, which blows my mind that he keeps getting serious MVP candidate talk. Like seriously? He's not even a top 10 quarterback this season--maybe not top 15.

That's not even bringing up guys like Jared Goff (who has started in a Super Bowl), Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, and maybe Justin Herbert. Then you have players like Cam Newton and Carson Wentz who aren't having great years but have much better bodies of work than Murray. I wouldn't agree with it at all, but there's a path here where somebody could reasonably put Murray outside the top 20.

The last post had more included but that paragraph speaks or itself @Blue

• Like 1