BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

13 hours ago, Blue said:

He's trying to lose.

This is offensive to me and a ridiculous take. 

Wentz had 2 broken ankes and looked terrible last week.  Jones is a rookie and did nott look good last week.  Jimmy G looked pretty darn darn good against GB - I think most people would have started him this week in this league given the options I had and next week I'll likely start Jones given Jimmy is done, Lance is getting his first start and Wentz isnt exactly lighting it up.

This narrative of me trying to lose is gaining traction for some reason, but there's zero evidence to support it now or at any point of my participation in BDL.  If people think I should be winning, Im open for suggestions or just vote for me to put your money where you mouth is.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

This is offensive to me and a ridiculous take. 

Wentz had 2 broken ankes and looked terrible last week.  Jones is a rookie and did nott look good last week.  Jimmy G looked pretty darn darn good against GB - I think most people would have started him this week in this league given the options I had and next week I'll likely start Jones given Jimmy is done, Lance is getting his first start and Wentz isnt exactly lighting it up.

This narrative of me trying to lose is gaining traction for some reason, but there's zero evidence to support it now or at any point of my participation in BDL.  If people think I should be winning, Im open for suggestions or just vote for me to put your money where you mouth is.

The fact that you had the most cap space in the league and made zero attempt to sign Matthew Stafford is all the evidence anybody needs.

20 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Trade Block. Doesn’t have to be picks just want equal value. Prices are negotiable. See someone you want not listed here just ask. Worst I can say is no.

RB Darrell Henderson Jr (5th round value and will be a RFA this offseason)

OG Dalton Risner (4th round value)

Edge Sam Hubbard (5th round value)

Edge K’Lavon Chaisson (3rd round value)

Edge Clelin Ferrell (7th round value/player swap)

LB Jaylon Smith (7th round value/player swap)

LB Cody Barton (7th round value/player swap RFA in offseason)

CB Amik Robertson (7th round value/player swap)

CB Bless Austin (7th round value/player swap)

S Jarrod Wilson (7th round value/player swap)

S Jessie Bates (Offer me)

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

The fact that you had the most cap space in the league and made zero attempt to sign Matthew Stafford is all the evidence anybody needs.

That's a seriously flawed argument.  I've been saying for oh, I don't know, 18 months that the cap situation in BDL is going to be challenging for the BDL 2022 season.  Why would I spend that kind of $ on a long term deal when I just drafted 2 rookies that were likely to see early playing time?  Terrible logic, try again.

Edit:  This is Trump Supporter Conspiracy level; so I anticipated losing 12 players (7 Starters!) to IR in the first 3 weeks in combination with not signing Stafford to an exorbitant multi year deal in a nefarious plot to tank?  Full chimney lord.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

That's a seriously flawed argument.  I've been saying for oh, I don't know, 18 months that the cap situation in BDL is going to be challenging for the BDL 2022 season.  Why would I spend that kind of $ on a long term deal when I just drafted 2 rookies that were likely to see early playing time?  Terrible logic, try again.

Edit:  This is Trump Supporter Conspiracy level; so I anticipated losing 12 players (7 Starters!) to IR in the first 3 weeks in combination with not signing Stafford to an exorbitant multi year deal in a nefarious plot to tank?  Full chimney lord.

Chimney lords!!!! All of them!