BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Sure I'll play

DE Greg Rousseau - Had 2 sacks in his most playing time Week 2, not much other than that. Getting starts in a crowded defensive line rotation.

WR Elijah Moore - Trapped in a grossly dysfunctional offense that finally showed signs of life in one half of a game he missed with a concussion. Woof. Hopefully things pick up for him as the season goes on.

OT Sam Cosmi - Playing right tackle for Washington and struggling but getting better. We'll see where he's at by year's end, we aren't really counting on him for a lot this season.

LB Pete Werner - Started the last two games after missing the first two with an injury. Trending up big-time at a position of need for me.

OT Alex Leatherwood - Big-time struggles at tackle so far as he fights through a back injury and flipping sides. We all know he's getting a leash the size of Nevada with the Raiders though, so he's gonna keep getting starts until Carr's life is in danger.

LB Chazz Surratt - Can't get on the field apart from special teams, but we didn't draft him for his year 1 impact, we drafted him for his offensive versatility. If Mahomes goes down, I hope you're all prepared for the triple-QB offense of Taysom Hill, Greg Ward, and Chazz Surratt.

• Like 3

Late Night Mock: Based on current records

1. Gotham- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon

2. Seoul- Derek Stingley CB LSU

3. Cancun- Kyle Hamilton S ND

4. Berlin- Malik Willis QB Liberty

5. Antarctica- DeMarvin Leal INT TAMU

6. Raleigh- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM

7. Anchorage (from Death Valley)- Evan Neal OT Bama

8. Seoul (from Hungary)- Garrett Wilson WR OSU

9. Anchorage- Kaiir Elam CB UF

10. Camden- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

11. Cuba- Jermaine Johnson Edge FSU

12. Rome- Drake Jackson Edge USC

13. Ivory Coast- Jordan Davis INT UGA

14. Camden (from Lancaster)- Sauce Gardner CB Cinci

15. Anchorage (from Singapore)- George Karlaftis Edge Purdue

16. Camden (from New Orleans)- Kenyon Green OL TAMU

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Singapore Rookie Report - Week 4 (Probably a biweekly thing)

1.11 - Jaycee Horn, CB - Promising start to a rookie season gets put on hold due to a broken foot. Maybe comes back in time for the BDL playoffs Grade: A-

2.6 - JOK, LB - Playing time increases and playmaking ability remains true. Grade: A-

2.13 - Odafe Oweh, Edge - So far so good. Looking like a legit pass rush threat. Future BDL Stud. Grade: A

4.2 - Dillon Radunz, OL - First likely Bust of the year. Weekly Inactive. Grade: D

4.12 - Dyami Brown, WR - Playing time has gone down since week 1 and likely will continue with Samuel back in the lineup. Grade: B-

6.11 - Kelvin Joseph, CB - Hopefully back in the mix in a week or two and can help sooth the loss of Horn Grade: Incomplete

PFA 1.4 - Kendrick Green, OC - Like him enough to make McCoy available for trade. Future starter next year and going forward. Grade: B+

Rest of the PFA class is pretty irrelevant.

Kendrick Green does not look good, I'm not sure how he gets a B+ here. He's been getting manhandled constantly. Isn't to say he can't get better obviously and I hope he does. But he doesn't deserve a B+ in anything right now.

23 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Kendrick Green does not look good, I'm not sure how he gets a B+ here. He's been getting manhandled constantly. Isn't to say he can't get better obviously and I hope he does. But he doesn't deserve a B+ in anything right now.

I don't have network TV as of last week so can't watch games anymore. I see 13th out of 33 C and 0 sacks given up on the year. Looks good enough to me for a B+.

11 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I don't have network TV as of last week so can't watch games anymore. I see 13th out of 33 C and 0 sacks given up on the year. Looks good enough to me for a B+.

He gets pushed back on just about every play, his anchor ability is very poor. And I don't believe the 0 sacks given up number, players are consistently getting by him. He has been a weak point on a weak OL. Again, he's got room to improve and I think his weaknesses are exactly what his weaknesses were expected to be coming out (lack of strength), but so far he has not been good at all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Mainly Ben has ptsd from the pressure so he gets rid of the ball half a second after getting it.  He's actually not bad pass protecting, probably average but he gets moved pretty easily in the run game from what I've seen (obviously rack would know more than I) 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Mainly Ben has ptsd from the pressure so he gets rid of the ball half a second after getting it.  He's actually not bad pass protecting, probably average but he gets moved pretty easily in the run game from what I've seen (obviously rack would know more than I) 

I am fine with that from a PFA. Hopefully won't start for me this year anymore. I invested in the C position for a reason this year.

• Like 1

Kadarius Toney - Had a truly bizarre offseason and early few weeks.  Got a larger share of the gameplan this past week and had a couple video game moments that gave me a glimmer of hope.

Eric Stokes - Had to deal with Rodgers and Davante all camp and it's paying off.  Still has a lot of learning to do, but was our starter outside and got his first INT off Big Ben.

Baron Browning, Tommy Togiai, Cam McGrone - Nothing of note, but I drafted them for next year.

Michael Carter/Kenneth Gainwell - Both have gotten a fair shot at carries and catches early in the season and both have had moments where they've looked very good.  Gainwell in particular may be the backup that Aaron Jones has needed for a couple years.

Royce Newman - The one PFA/UDFA worth mentioning, he's started every game at RG for the Packers and paired with Myers to give us a pretty solid interior.  Had a few hiccups, but very promising overall.

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Eric Stokes - Had to deal with Rodgers and Davante all camp and it's paying off.  Still has a lot of learning to do, but was our starter outside and got his first INT off Big Ben.

Also gave up 10 receptions. But that’s going to happen when you get targeted because you play across from Jaire

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Royce Newman - The one PFA/UDFA worth mentioning, he's started every game at RG for the Packers and paired with Myers to give us a pretty solid interior.  Had a few hiccups, but very promising overall.

Hey Runyan should be included in this interior play mention as of late.