BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Is he? He's been terrible forever and then had one good week. I'd like to see more consistency from him before I think he's actually any good.

I think Maxx Williams was the better pickup.

One week of production at TE is good enough for my team. Plus I actually saw him play so he was making plays over and over.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

One week of production at TE is good enough for my team. Plus I actually saw him play so he was making plays over and over.

I mean, he's fine depth since he's a starter and gets snaps but I just wouldn't call it a great pickup until he can actually show that he can be good for more than one week.

Just now, rackcs said:

I mean, he's fine depth since he's a starter and gets snaps but I just wouldn't call it a great pickup until he can actually show that he can be good for more than one week.

In his defense, there's only so much you can do when Andy Dalton is the qb 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

In his defense, there's only so much you can do when Andy Dalton is the qb 

Yeah, as always there's the unspoken caveat that this is just my opinion and opinions, of course, are like *******s. This certainly could be the start of his breakout. Only time will tell.

Dalton's not a great QB by any stretch, but he's also not a guy that was in any way restricting the talent of his receivers from showing. AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Gio Bernard, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert and Brandon LaFell all put up good receiving numbers at one point or another with Dalton.

I considered Uzomah but Williams has been solid for a some time now as a blocker and has made some nice plays as a reciever this year. Probably a little more upside given the TE situation at their respective teams.

A couple other guys I figured who would get picked up weren't which is interesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, as always there's the unspoken caveat that this is just my opinion and opinions, of course, are like *******s. This certainly could be the start of his breakout. Only time will tell.

Oh yea absolutely. As an auburn guy, I love the versatility he brings can line him up almost anywhere 

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Andy Dalton isn’t his QB though.

Pretty much all he's had 

it's hard to show consistency when he missed virtually all of last season and has four weeks this year with Burrow    I expect him to get better each passing week away from the acl surgery 

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Do I just send BCB a PM,  with a list for Waiver?    

Yep you send him a list of guys and make sure to note if you have an IR claim for that week, otherwise he just defaults to the one claim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WFLukic said:

gg @Pickle Rick that was a tough one. That offensive skill group you've got is nuts. If you can avoid injuries, you're gonna win a lot more than you lose the rest of the way that's for sure.

Yeah GG. 

Thought it could go either way for a bit. 

The LJ hate club probably will prevent that lol 

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ugh, I thought waivers were today for some reason and forgot to send one in. Nobody I wanted got taken though so nbd.

See, the trick is to eliminate almost all your cap space, so when you pass out and forget to send it in, it doesn't even matter!

• Like 7