BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I don’t think Najee is 4.45 speed but when you can catch at his level and still play 3 downs, it’s worth taking the risk.

I think you worded it poorly then. Both Scoundrel and I read it the same way 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think you worded it poorly then. Both Scoundrel and I read it the same way 

Najee is handling 30 touches in games and having multiple 10 catch games. That’s what you want in a first round pick, deep speed or not.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Najee is handling 30 touches in games and having multiple 10 catch games. That’s what you want in a first round pick, deep speed or not.

There are some physical traits I'm okay with a first rounder not having.  Long speed in a RB or size for a WR.

Any Wfers ever follow Walt and his betting?  I remember back in the day he had a theory surrounding Circadian rhythms, I think betting against the Raiders coming across the country against the Ginads in conjunction with daylight savings would have been an A+ spot for that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Any Wfers ever follow Walt and his betting?  I remember back in the day he had a theory surrounding Circadian rhythms, I think betting against the Raiders coming across the country against the Ginads in conjunction with daylight savings would have been an A+ spot for that.

I remember that and I seem to recall there being some substance to it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

There are some physical traits I'm okay with a first rounder not having.  Long speed in a RB or size for a WR.

I normally agree, but given the fact that I'm generally very against drafting a RB in the first round in almost any capacity, for me to even consider taking one, that running back had better have every tool in his tool belt, including long speed. After the first, I really don't value long speed quite as much and would agree with you.

11 minutes ago, MD4L said:

2 man under schemes are way more effective IRL then BDL.

I do like how in BDL, we tend to have this assumption of, "Oh, X player is better than Y player, so Y player is basically going to lose every rep/fall over every play."

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do like how in BDL, we tend to have this assumption of, "Oh, X player is better than Y player, so Y player is basically going to lose every rep/fall over every play."

Adding onto this, shout out to Kevin King for his work yesterday.

36 minutes ago, MD4L said:

2 man under schemes are way more effective IRL then BDL.

So are 3 under 3

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

*Checks every game plan I've submitted this year, particularly coverages utilized*

Animated GIF

• Like 2