Week 17 Jets @ Pats: It's Finally Over

KingOfNewYork

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I agree. Makes you wonder how much of his struggles are on poor offensive line play poor coaching and poor wrs and how much is on him.

He makes way too many bad plays to trust him long term right now, but I think it makes more sense to draft weapons and sign a vet qb to compete with him so you can properly evaluate him next year. 

He sucks. Can he get better? of course but thats not something we should bank on. Keeping Darnold keeps our window of opportunity closed until he shows he's worth it, drafting a new QB gives us a 4 year window to compete in the short term and possibly long term

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

He sucks. Can he get better? of course but thats not something we should bank on. Keeping Darnold keeps our window of opportunity closed until he shows he's worth it, drafting a new QB gives us a 4 year window to compete in the short term and possibly long term

I'm glad you think he sucks.

If that turns out to be true then next off season we would be in terrific position to draft a new qb, who would be coming into a much better situation than any rookie QB we draft this off-season. Any QB we draft this off-season would be far more likely to failed based on the established track record of pairing rookie head coaches with rookie QBs on talent lacking teams.

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

His shoulder and that don't look like endurance issues.  I haven't seen him gassed at the end of the game or the end of a drive.

Then he’s just fragile lol. Hopefully he’s fine and nothing serious to kill his offseason program. We need this guy in much better shape next year. Still too heavy. 

Just now, drew39k said:

If that turns out to be true then next off season we would be in terrific position to draft a new qb, who would be coming into a much better situation than any rookie QB we draft this off-season. Any QB we draft this off-season would be far more likely to failed based on the established track record of pairing rookie head coaches with rookie QBs on talent lacking teams.

We are in a tough situation.  It seems the rookie HC and rookie QB doesn't work long term.  Many successful coaches got their QBs a year or two in, or the QB was already on the team.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Then he’s just fragile lol. Hopefully he’s fine and nothing serious to kill his offseason program. We need this guy in much better shape next year. Still too heavy. 

Agreed, a little less body fat and improved diet will go a long way to keep him from getting banged up.

Just now, drew39k said:

You make zero sense. Darnold is what he is for us, we need to move on. 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Slow edge rushers and LBs have been killing this defense.  I think we are a DE and young, fast LBers away from really changing the defense.  Plus the secondary is really young.  I think our defense can get turned around next season.

It’s so true. What sucks is we’ve gotten ZERO from Mosley and now 2 years older we are still on the hook for 2 years. That contract is terrible but he’s what we are missing. A legit athletic ILB that can play every down is crucial. One that can to that and also generate pressure would change it all! 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We are in a tough situation.  It seems the rookie HC and rookie QB doesn't work long term.  Many successful coaches got their QBs a year or two in, or the QB was already on the team.

Hire an experienced HC and actually give him time, not 2 years. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

It’s so true. What sucks is we’ve gotten ZERO from Mosley and now 2 years older we are still on the hook for 2 years. That contract is terrible but he’s what we are missing. A legit athletic ILB that can play every down is crucial. One that can to that and also generate pressure would change it all! 

We can cut Mosley I think this off-season.